Not open for further replies.

fotofx

Original Poster
Did anyone see this?

The language is NSFW in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0qtqsUAXBQ&feature=player_embedded

Edit: This may need to be moved. It was at Disneyland

Here is the story:

ANAHEIM - Cellphone video of a violent and apparently drunk Disneyland patron getting pepper-sprayed , writhing in pain and then being squashed by other guests went viral on the Internet over the holiday weekend.

The video, shot Saturday, shows a man slugging a park employee twice and falling over from the momentum of his punches. The man was later identified by Anaheim police as Glenn Horlacher, 53.

Horlacher is eventually subdued by a combination of the spray and the weight of several park patrons, who came to the aid of the security worker and sat on Horlacher as he screamed in apparent pain. (Video link here. Caution: Vulgar language.)

Anaheim police Sgt. Bob Dunn said police were called to the Tower of Terror ride at Disney's California Adventure at 3:30 p.m. Saturday.

"When we arrived the suspect was being held by a few patrons and Disney security officers," Dunn told City News Service.

Horlacher was arrested for battery and assault, booked at the Anaheim jail and then was released on a citation later that evening, Dunn said.

"Our security cast member was taken to a local hospital where he was treated for the injuries he sustained and then released," Disney public relations director Suzi Brown told City News Service. "We appreciate the actions of the guests who came to his aid during this uncharacteristic incident."

News of the incident was apparently first reported on the website LAist.com,; the cellphone video
Advertisement
was uploaded to Youtube and has gotten more than 200,000 views. Events leading up to the confrontation were not posted.

In the four-minute video, Horlacher is first spotted taking a roundhouse swing at a security guard wearing a straw hat. Horlacher apparently both falls and is pushed to the ground by a Disney employee dressed as a Towerof Terror bellhop, and the security employee then sprays him with a hefty shot of pepper spray.

Horlacher regains his footing, and braces himself on the ride's front gate. He belligerently addresses the guard with obscenities, and takes another wild swing at the Disney guard.

The man falls to the ground from his own momentum, and is swarmed by park guests. This prompts a second dose of pepper spray from the same guard.

"Let me up, I promise I won't do anything else," Horlacher shouts as his breathing becomes labored. As more security guards arrive, ride attendants and others push the surrounding crowd back.

"Look at this guy, he is covered in blood," one patron states, although the phonecam never shot the aftermath.

invader

I saw it yesterday on the local news and had to watch it on YouTube.
I felt so bad for the security guard but felt so grateful for the day guests. :)

WDW1974

I saw it yesterday on the local news and had to watch it on YouTube.
I felt so bad for the security guard but felt so grateful for the day guests. :)

it was vile and disgusting on all counts ... from the idiot guest to the in over his head security to the drunks watching and the obnoxious woman yelling about 'the children' (hey lady when you're drunk and getting pepper-sprayed, the last thing you care about is some stranger's brats)

I think Georgie K has a lot of 'splaining to do.

The security guard showed total incompetence ... he should have cleared the area of guests and not engaged the man until backup arrived ... and the thought that other guests jumped on the dude and were choking him when he presented no danger (beyond his mouth) is not what you EVER want. This wasn't a guy with a weapon or attempting to harm other guests.

He was drunk. And where do you think he got his alcohol? Knott's Berry Farm? Across the street at Denny's? :rolleyes:

Just a sickening display on all fronts.

~Did it make the Disney Parks Blog?~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom