Festival of the Lion King closes January 5th

Atomicmickey

I wouldn't expect another attraction. It will be a lot easier to move around that area. The concept art for it looks really nice. Everything should be ready before the peak crowds hit this summer.

I'm sure they'll retain the high level of theming, so seems like a win to me. More about 'expanding the place' and less about 'adding things to do', it would seem, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm excited to see FotLK be at home in Africa where it belongs . . .

So, spill one little detail that you think is cool . . . . :)

SirLink

Proposal for a LK family dark ride. More Pooh (WDW) than Pooh (TDL).

Booooo, maybe they will announce it at their annual whats new for 2014 and have an opening date for 2016. Nah anyway that is kinda overkill for Lion King. But at least it would be something else to do in a park desperate for attractions.

Edit: Also if its phase 2 - I hear they are doing yet another Imagineering coffee table book, I bet it will look great in that.

SpectroMan93

Geez, what will it take for the trackless system to make it over to a US Disney Park. Even Sea World Orlando has one. The ride sucks, but at least they have it. Trackless Lion King would have been awesome. Heck at this rate, trackless any Disney ride would be awesome (unless it's built like Antarctica, then I take it back).

doctornick

So...it's not happening or still in consideration?

Yeah, if there truly is an $800M makeover slated for DAK, I would like to think that it could pay for more than Pandora, night time show and the night safaris. I'm hoping there's a few more rides planned in that -- and a LK dark ride would be a good place to start.

CJR

So...it's not happening or still in consideration?

Not that I know anything about the project, but if something is taken off the table, it can always be put back on. I know it's rare, but anything's possible. If it was even considered once, until something is built in that location that will absolutely never leave, it can be considered again.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

djkidkaz

If there were any other attractions planned for AK we would have heard about them with the Avatar / nighttime AK announcements I'm sure.

Magenta Panther

Proposal for a LK family dark ride. More Pooh (WDW) than Pooh (TDL).

Figures. :banghead: I do NOT understand TDO!!!! "The Lion King" is STILL making money for the company, on Broadway, in re-release and re-issue...and the BEST TDO wants to do with it in AK is a dinky, cheapwad wooden cutout ride a la WDW's Pooh?

And meanwhile, Pandora gets a big-budget development.

WHAT THE FRICK IS WRONG WITH DISNEY RIGHT NOW? Is it that fathead Iger? I do NOT understand!!!!

Matt_Black

Yeah, if there truly is an $800M makeover slated for DAK, I would like to think that it could pay for more than Pandora, night time show and the night safaris. I'm hoping there's a few more rides planned in that -- and a LK dark ride would be a good place to start.

Said it before and I'll say it again- Gargoyles: Defenders of the Night roller coast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom