Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

Kman101

It's worth it. A very fun parade. (I didn't even watch on the parade route, but on the walkway behind the Turkey Leg stand in Frontierland. Obviously not ideal, but it beat standing in the beating sun and I could see the floats just fine. Of course it would have been better to be up front to see the amazing dancers for each unit though, but it was fine with me.) The song is very catchy. I can't say enough good things about it after finally seeing it in person.

Saw it on Sunday. It is a must see in person. Pictures don't do it justice. Just be aware that there are points where the dragon doesn't breath fire due (I assume) to low tree branches. We were at the end of Liberty Square in front of the Christmas store and that was where he started breathing fire again but hadn't up to that point from the turn coming from frontierland.
A wonderful parade. Line up early as it is worth it.

psherman42

I could be wrong but from my understanding, Maleficent only breathes fire during the battle sequence of the soundtrack, not Once Upon A Dream.

WDWLover#1

Saw it on Sunday. It is a must see in person. Pictures don't do it justice. Just be aware that there are points where the dragon doesn't breath fire due (I assume) to low tree branches. We were at the end of Liberty Square in front of the Christmas store and that was where he started breathing fire again but hadn't up to that point from the turn coming from frontierland.
A wonderful parade. Line up early as it is worth it.
I could be wrong but from my understanding, Maleficent only breathes fire during the battle sequence of the soundtrack, not Once Upon A Dream.
Looking at numerous vids the dragon never breathes fire at that location because of the big trees. My guess is that the driver can turn it off by himself. And yes the dragon only breathes fire when the theme tune is not playing.

TTA94

So FOF will be at 12pm and 3:30pm May 23rd for Rock Your Disney Side... I wish they would continue the two performances after that but it seems to only be for that day.

Kman101

It's probably a lot to run the parade twice, especially for the cast in that heat.

I'm sure once they dump MSEP (or it sadly rots), they'll run it twice, and at night, but that's just pure speculation on my part.

TTA94

It's probably a lot to run the parade twice, especially for the cast in that heat.

I'm sure once they dump MSEP (or it sadly rots), they'll run it twice, and at night, but that's just pure speculation on my part.

I wonder when that will be.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Saw the parade on April 27th for the first time. I was impressed. It was so hot out though. Don't know how the performers deal. And what made it even hotter? When the Maleficent Dragon breathed fire. Surprised how much you could feal the heat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom