Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

Kman101

I give those performers so much credit for performing in the heat. Was there May 6th and it was only 88 but with the humidity the weather app said it felt lik 99 (and it sure did!). So I give them mad props.

Violiav

I really want to see this in July. My boyfriend teases me because he thinks parades are silly. I keep trying to tell him about the firebreathing dragon. Still, he scoffs.

GiveMeTheMusic

There will be a featurette on the new Sleeping Beauty Diamond Edition Blu-ray promoting the parade, hosted by Sarah Hyland from Modern Family. Hopefully it's longer than a few minutes and actually goes behind the scenes.

donsullivan

Premium Member
A couple of observations after seeing it today vs. previous viewings. Anchor for Hook and Ship above for Peter and Wendy were both in full motion, first time I've personally seen full range of motion on both of those- looks great. Lots of bubbles from both Little Mermaid float and Monstro- Fun addition. New (to me) smoke coming from Maleficent dragon nostrils in between flame sequences. The very tip of Maleficent dragon tail was missing but if you had never seen it before (I was with a first time viewer today who didn't notice anything was wrong) it was not that big of a deal. I'd much rather have the dragon in the parade while they repair whatever happened vs. leaving dragon out of a parade while waiting for a part for something this minor.

Definitely feels like they are week-by-week knocking the kinks out of things and have a big hit on their hands if the crowd reaction today is any indication.

Update: One note on the pirate ship with Wendy and Peter. It doesn't actually rock back and forth but stays level and slides forward and backward along the top of the rainbow. That keeps it essentially level and the sail masts vertical all the time even when it's moving through full range of motion. As a result, photos might often make you think it's not 'rocking' because it isn't 'tilted' in a still photo.

Last edited:

BwanaBob

It appears Prince Phillip won the battle today!

IMG_00002648.jpg

FutureCEO

Saw the parade yesterday, thought it was good compared to the last decade or so. It poured right after the parade left our section ( liberty tree) so what does disney do then? Disappointed in the night parade. Then again I like spectro

SpectroMan93

So apparently Disney has released the theme song audio to a choice few, which explains the pristine quality in the prior video. Still in love with it. Beautiful fusion of modern and orchestral styles.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Reminds me of when I saw Donald's hat hit off during FOF a few weeks ago - clumsy Daisy.
Can that even happen, is it not attached to his head?!?!?!
Yeah - it's funny how they are magnetic. Easier to swap in a clean one.
Actually, most hats (including this one) are held on using
T-pins on flaps of fabric attached to the hat. Magnets are only used when the hat needs to come off onstage, like in DAWM.

cjk0318

So apparently Disney has released the theme song audio to a choice few, which explains the pristine quality in the prior video. Still in love with it. Beautiful fusion of modern and orchestral styles.

It's the same music from the video released by Disney, that you posted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom