Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

TTA94

I wonder what this Villains pre parade will be for Rock Your Disney Side? It will be before MSEP... Interesting they are doing a pre parade at night? Maybe Maleficent from FOF will be in it!! :D

doctornick

I'm sure once they dump MSEP (or it sadly rots), they'll run it twice, and at night, but that's just pure speculation on my part.

I still think that's a lousy idea.

I like MSEP, but that's not really the point. MK should have two full parades. If they want to run FOF at night in addition to the day, I think that's a neat idea but it should be in addition to MSEP (or a replacement) running a show at night as well. I hate the idea of only one parade running (for that matter, I hate the idea of DHS not having a parade and DAK losing theirs).

-em

Saw the parade today and was surprised the dwarfs were missing as well as the Peter Pan float.. Hopefully a one off not a permant thing...

ddd8170

....Apparently yesterday's parade was really strange....
Skip to 8:00. The Maleficent stilt walkers have no stilts (LOLLLLL), The Pinocchio float is missing completely, and all of the fab five gang are out of FOF costumes.

hpyhnt 1000

Skip to 8:00. The Maleficent stilt walkers have no stilts (LOLLLLL), The Pinocchio float is missing completely, and all of the fab five gang are out of FOF costumes.

^^^^ Also! I'm just noticing there's no crocodile after Peter Pan or three fairies ahead of Maleficent

And no dancers with the opening Princess unit. And the Brave unit was missing a pair of performers as well (6 vs. the usual 8).

Honestly, I get that not having the parade perform is anathema to the park ops, but when essentially 30-50% of the thing is AWOL, just don't bother. Bad show all around.

Last edited:

mm52200

Saw the parade Sunday and everything was great, even the ship was rocking. Can confirm today though that the Peter Pan unit and the Dwarves were missing but everything else looked great.

Crazydisneyfanluke

^Doubt it. And anyway, if thats the case, then you don't run half a parade. Period.
Most guest have not seen the parade, so even if they show most of it the experience would still be new and exciting for them. The only people who would be complaining at the park are the people who have seen it a few times.

ddd8170

Did not take long for it to start "falling apart". Shame.
I don't think it's anything permanent. Disney parades sometimes take floats or other elements out for maintenance or for other issues. But, still, it's really strange that on this day they decided to change so much at once. And such random things...like....why would they decide "oh, we can have the stilt walkers...but not their stilts?!" LOL i'm still laughing XD

hpyhnt 1000

Most guest have not seen the parade, so even if they show most of it the experience would still be new and exciting for them. The only people who would be complaining at the park are the people who have seen it a few times.

All very true. But its still lousy and far from quality show. Seriously, they managed to get the Fab Five in the parade, but they couldn't have them in their parade costumes? Just because some or most people may not have notice anything does not mean it was acceptable to let the parade step off that day.

What they did was the equivalent of running Pirates or Splash or Haunted Mansion or Small World with half the animatronics not working and the finale scene completely dark and covered over. None of us would ever condone something like that, yet thats more or less what was done with FoF.

Last edited:

SpectroMan93

Definitely not good show and I hope this never happens again, but to me it looks like they did the best with whatever issues were plaguing them that day. The decision was probably made between running the parade below 100% vs. cancelling the parade and having to deal with possibly multiple complaints. I'm not saying they made the most acceptable decision in presenting the parade the way it was, but assuming these changes aren't permanent, it is an interesting situation. I mean, seeing the stilt walkers without their stilts was admittedly kind of hilarious.

wdw_cp09

this wasnt yesterday, however this is the weather contingency. you can see in the beginning of the video that it had rained earlier, and possibly more to come

ddd8170

this wasnt yesterday, however this is the weather contingency. you can see in the beginning of the video that it had rained earlier, and possibly more to come
I'm not sure it was the weather actually. If it was, I don't think Maleficent would've had fire this day. And weather wouldn't eliminate the stilts or the Pinocchio float, or replace character costumes. I think it was more that they had a lot of maintenance to do and decided to do it all at once versus over time. Cancelling the day parade would also effect the performers' payrolls, another downside. I'm sure none of it was permanent.

Next Big Thing

As far as the Maleficent tail goes, it could be that it broke and had to order in a replacement. It is a custom piece after all. Or it could just be broke and they're leaving it. Hopefully that's not the case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom