Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

JWG

I think it's a shame that any films that feature a female lead are automatically labeled "princess" movies. Just because the film features a princess shouldn't mean it's only for little girls. Notice how people of ALL ages love "princess" films like Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Tangled, and others. Honestly, Tangled is as much of a boys film as it is girls film. It's very equal in terms of entertaining boys and girls. If it's a great film, it's a great film, it shouldn't matter whether it's about princesses or not.

Well, we'll see if it gets fair treatment in that respect. Tangled was good because it gave equal time to the male role - but notice who's disappared from the M&G's. Simiarly, how often did you see Beast prior to Beast's castle? I'll wait and see, but history suggests the princesses will be the focus. There's nothing wrong with princesses, again I have a daughter, but it's not the sole thing going on... all I'm sayin'...

TsWade2

Can anyone confirm if the floats already in WDW have Lights on them?? They might need them according to the latest Mice Age Update:

http://micechat.com/53779-disneyland-update/

IMO, DL should have done this 5 Years ago!!! We had Spectro along with CADCT I might add In addition to the new at the time MISICI.. I didn't like the new Spectromen but we still had it!

And all DL had to do 5 years ago was move MSEP across DTD, Not the whole country!

Anyone hearing of this in MK? Do we just have FOF? Or, has the new night parade moved from DLR to WDW?
Al Lutz is a liar! Miceage is not reliable. Listen to the official Disney Park Blog. It's more reliable than Miceage.

Neverland

First pics of the Cinderella/possibly multiple princess and Tangled floats (EDIT: apparently these are from a video that AttractionsMagazine did; I saw them on tumblr)

tumblr_mz2fgzARmt1r45vxxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mz2fgzARmt1r45vxxo2_500.jpg

Cinderella is from Tokyo's Jubilation parade

SAM_2247.JPG

Last edited:

etwtec

First pics of the Cinderella/possibly multiple princess and Tangled floats

SAM_2247.JPG

WOW! First off the Princess float looks a lot better in the bottom pic! LOL, camera quality I know. I do wish they would paint the yellow though! Second leave it to WDW to leave brand new floats just sitting out in a parking lot... :arghh:

TTA94

I hope the tangled float just isn't fully assembled because I really want that moon and cupid guy on top of it like the concept art!
tumblr_mz2hgxgNF01s0c4z4o2_1280.jpg

Im sure it is not fully assembled. They wouldn't have just 4 lanterns lol. I would rather them have a lot more lanterns and hopefully they will light up if FOF does do night performances :)

I do not think the princess garden float had any lighting at TDL? I would guess WDW will add twinkle lights to the flowers and bushes..

wdw_cp09

WOW! First off the Princess float looks a lot better in the bottom pic! LOL, camera quality I know. I do wish they would paint the yellow though! Second leave it to WDW to leave brand new floats just sitting out in a parking lot... :arghh:
they are not in a parking lot.... this is from a few nights ago when they moved the first 4 floats from the assembly area to the park

mm52200

Well, we'll see if it gets fair treatment in that respect. Tangled was good because it gave equal time to the male role - but notice who's disappared from the M&G's. Simiarly, how often did you see Beast prior to Beast's castle? I'll wait and see, but history suggests the princesses will be the focus. There's nothing wrong with princesses, again I have a daughter, but it's not the sole thing going on... all I'm sayin'...
Beast actually appeared more before his castle. You could meet him everyday in France with Belle and you can see him in multiple entertainment offerings. You're right about Flynn being removed but you can still meet him at DL, WDW management just removed him. When it comes to shows and parades, the male counterparts to the princesses are usually represented rather well.

Matt_Black

On the one hand, you kind of have a point about the focus. On the other, this almost sounds like a reverse sexism argument. Men have plenty of representation in pop culture. In WDW, female protagonists take the forefront, and I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. (And in some cases, not all of the princes are that interesting. Snow White's Prince, I'm looking at you.)

WDWFanDave

First pics of the Cinderella/possibly multiple princess and Tangled floats (EDIT: apparently these are from a video that AttractionsMagazine did; I saw them on tumblr)

SAM_2247.JPG
I breezed by the pics pretty quickly, but the middle one caught my attention, and I went back to study it a bit more...wow, it is HUGE! Look at the bus in the picture for comparison. I'd read that the Peter Pan one was going to be really tall, but it looks like they've really gone big with this. Sometime I'm sure we'll go back to WDW, and hopefully we'll get to see this in person. Looks like it'll be something special to see.

Thanks for finding and sharing those photos!

SpectroMan93

SAM_2247.JPG
So looking at the Cinderella float, it appears they have altered the ending unit by cutting an arch in the flower wall, removing the "owl prince", and placing a star on top of the topiary. This would pretty much confirm that Sleeping Beauty is getting her own float, but I'm trying to think of who is replacing her. Based off the star, I'm leaning toward Tiana.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom