Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

SpectroMan93

FOE836234.png

I remember there were concerns about FOF not feeling cohesive. I think this poster does a pretty good job of tying the parade together as a whole. Anxiously waiting for the timer in my sig to drop to zero.

Last edited:

Figaro928

so.. I'm actually super excited about this parade even though i'm in New York...

Realistically - on Sunday, how soon after will someone be posting pics on to this site? I don't want to that person here pressing the refresh button at 3:12 :oops:

Is anyone here going to be live tweeting pics of the parade? Following anyone who is?

TTA94

Someone posted on FB that CMs are now saying Soft Opening tomorrow?? Probably not true and many of you made that clear. Thought I would share juust in case.

Last edited:

tcsnwhite

That performance last night was probably for filming and photographing for marketing purposes (commercials, ads, press pictures, etc.). Which is very interesting, considering this is essentially a daytime parade. I'm sure they'll do some marketing/press coverage with a daytime version, as Disney usually likes to have both, but if they started their marketing/internal press coverage with the nighttime version, something tells me night performances (esp. with all those embedded strobes and talk of new parade lighting) are probably in the works (eventually).
Just a guess...

(Though perhaps not...as TDL's Jubilation! had early press/marketing coverage done with a couple night performances...but was a daytime parade only, and also had strobes throughout the floats.)

Matt_Black

If you'd get Peter Pan and Prince Phillip mixed up just because he was wearing a hat like that, you don't know who Peter Pan and Prince Phillip are.

You mean like the many, many young children who come to WDW? (And that doesn't even take into account those with visual issues, such as red-green color blindness).

jdmdisney99

You mean like the many, many young children who come to WDW? (And that doesn't even take into account those with visual issues, such as red-green color blindness).
If you can't tell who the character is or why they're wearing a different outfit (like mistaking Phillip for Peter), then why would you be meeting the character at all? Don't people meet characters because they recognize them from movies? When I was a kid, I actually watched the movies so I knew the difference. It's plain to see.

wdrive

Mentioning guests with colour blindness issues where they'd get Peter Pan and Prince Phillip mixed up is such a tiny tiny tiny percentage of guests. WDW wouldn't exist if you had to cater to everyone's specific needs.

And seriously, who would ever get Phillip and Peter Pan mixed up? I can understand people not knowing who Phillip is but he is so obviously not Peter Pan, even if he did wear his 'real' hat.

You may as well cut Auroras hair and dye it brown then make her dress green because some people might get her mixed up with Rapunzel

Matt_Black

If you can't tell who the character is or why they're wearing a different outfit (like mistaking Phillip for Peter), then why would you be meeting the character at all? Don't people meet characters because they recognize them from movies? When I was a kid, I actually watched the movies so I knew the difference. It's plain to see.

Yes, but not every one watches all the movies. And, it's not just about meets, but other appearances like shows and parades.

wogwog

so.. I'm actually super excited about this parade even though i'm in New York...

Realistically - on Sunday, how soon after will someone be posting pics on to this site? I don't want to that person here pressing the refresh button at 3:12 :oops:

Is anyone here going to be live tweeting pics of the parade? Following anyone who is?
Start hitting the refresh button later. A usually reliable source tells me it is a 17 minute parade.

JungleTrekFan

I have heard that CM passes are blocked out for the first week. I think it was few pages back. Im not sure on the FP- areas. But if the parade starts in Frontierland, i enjoy watching it before the bridge. Or as it comes down MS.
Main Gate - Yes. ID - No. Due to being both a first day for FOF and 2nd weekend of spring break season for WDW.
Yes the parade is starting in Frontierland from what I’ve heard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom