Fender bender today involving Disney bus

need2go2wdw

Original Poster
We were on our way to the Poly today to meet Wyland (he was at the Boardwalk last night and the Poly today) when we saw an accident that had just occured between a Magical Express bus and a car. The medics had a woman on the grass who appeared to be complaining of neck aches. It was at the light just after going though the Magic Kingdom gates, where you would go left to get to the Poly or right to get to Wilderness Lodge. I know the Lodge is on Timberline, but I apologize, I forget all the roads to name to exact intersection name. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. The back end of the car was all smashed up appearing as though the ME bus rear ended her, but I didn't see it, so I'm not sure what happened.

need2go2wdw

Original Poster
Wow...this is why I rarely post here. When you're concerned over posting something because you know people are going to "flame" you or just say something unnecessary, that's pretty sad...

For whoever "corrected me" by saying it was a MEARS bus, the bus appearing to be involved in the accident was sitting next to me as I was in the turn lane, and it had it's hazzrds on, a large black scrape along it's front bumper and glass was in the road right in front of it. This bus was a blue Magical Express bus.

And I didn't say she was complaining of neck pain, I said it appeared as though she was. She was holding the back of her neck, pointing to it to a medic, thus APPEARING to be complaining of neck pain.

Forget I said anything about it.

Slipknot

For whoever "corrected me" by saying it was a MEARS bus, the bus appearing to be involved in the accident was sitting next to me as I was in the turn lane, and it had it's hazzrds on, a large black scrape along it's front bumper and glass was in the road right in front of it. This bus was a blue Magical Express bus.

Yes. Disney's Magical Express is run by Mears.

iheartdisney91

Wow...this is why I rarely post here. When you're concerned over posting something because you know people are going to "flame" you or just say something unnecessary, that's pretty sad...

And I didn't say she was complaining of neck pain, I said it appeared as though she was. She was holding the back of her neck, pointing to it to a medic, thus APPEARING to be complaining of neck pain.

this is also why i RARELY post, or even come here anymore. don't feel bad you're not alone. thanks for the news. this is an awful thing to see, especially
after entering the magical archways!

The Mom

Premium Member
People, please remember that the printed word, without being able to see facial expressions, can come across as curt or harsh.

The OP was just commenting on an accident she saw while entering WDW., which involved a bus contracted by WDW, with a Disney related sign on the side, so she had every reason to think it was a WDW bus.

Not all of us are up on all of the WDW minutiae.

disney9752

As far as most know it IS a disney bus, that is the illusion that WDW wants there to be, no need 2 b about it, if they wanted it to be obvious that mears runs the service they would just use an ugly regular mears bus :fork:

Wilt Dasney

Honestly, I don't think anything in the OP needed correcting at all. The post said it was a Magical Express bus, which is perfectly accurate.

The subject says "Disney bus," but that seems true enough if you're talking about a bus Disney hires to provide a Disney service. I'm not sure why the big distinction was needed. If Disney is outsourcing services for its own customers to Mears, it's still responsible for making sure those customers are taken care of. If someone called up Disney to complain about Magical Express transportation, Disney couldn't just say "well, we don't have anything to do with that." :shrug:

awilliams4

I guess I am in the minority but I appreciate that someone pointed out that it was a ME bus outsourced to Mears. Why, I am biased toward Disney and when I read Mears, I thought, OK, then if it is real bad at least Disney isn't going to be the ones directly hit in the pocket for this if the Mears driver was at fault.

I don't see anything wrong with someone coming in behind the OP and giving true accurate more detailed information.

If someone posted that the Yeti was moving and then someone else quickly came in and 'corrected' the OP by saying 'I was just on it, it was disco, the disco may have given you the impression he was moving', I would appreciate the clarification.

I am on these boards everyday and there are posts ALL the time that provide more detailed information.

If no one was providing that info because it was considered rude, I would suggest the value of this site wouldn't be as high.

Tigger1988

I guess I am in the minority but I appreciate that someone pointed out that it was a ME bus outsourced to Mears. Why, I am biased toward Disney and when I read Mears, I thought, OK, then if it is real bad at least Disney isn't going to be the ones directly hit in the pocket for this if the Mears driver was at fault.

I don't see anything wrong with someone coming in behind the OP and giving true accurate more detailed information.

If someone posted that the Yeti was moving and then someone else quickly came in and 'corrected' the OP by saying 'I was just on it, it was disco, the disco may have given you the impression he was moving', I would appreciate the clarification.

I am on these boards everyday and there are posts ALL the time that provide more detailed information.

If no one was providing that info because it was considered rude, I would suggest the value of this site wouldn't be as high.

Thanks, who knew simple correction was so upsetting.

As far as most know it IS a disney bus, that is the illusion that WDW wants there to be, no need 2 b about it, if they wanted it to be obvious that mears runs the service they would just use an ugly regular mears bus :fork:

? It's a pretty big distinction so put your pitchfork away.

And they DO use the "ugly regular mears bus" when needed. I've used the Magical Express service with the normal ME bus, Disney Cruise Line bus and the yellow Mears bus. It's not some big secret.

goofntink

Guest actually pulled out {aka tried to beat bus so they wouldn't be behind it} and got rear ended. Please remember everyone the 20 ton bus will win everytime! Also people need to brush up on the drivers handbooks and realize the law requires yielding to buses,and you are also not allowed to pass a bus when they are loading passengers in the resorts{i.e CB,OKW,SS,CS,PORS etc.} We have asked OCSD to monitor resorts and currently they are now handing out $271.00 citations if you are caught doing it!!!!

fosse76

Wrong. Mears is acting as an agent of Disney in this capacity, so Disney is absolutely liable (as is Mears).

It may have been the manner in which the information was disclosed. While the buses are owned and operated by Mears, they are contracted by Disney, therefore making them "Disney" buses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom