Feeling Frozen

MrDee

Original Poster
So, I was just watching a video on Youtube about the Frozen princesses (*Nerd ALERT*) in their new home at Fairytale Hall, and started feeling all Disney-fied, and have to admit there was a moment there where I got a little choked up.

Not for the princesses, or the Hall, or even the Disney "feeling" I was experiencing. Nope. It was for thinking about how my girls (both of them are 5 yrs. old--NOT TWINS, dang it!, But half a set of Quads!!) would react at getting to meet the Frozen gals. Seriously... I choked up.

Obviously prompting this thread....sooooo, then I got to thinking about how long that line can get at ye olde Hall, and how there have been many on these forums complaining about it, saying it's just a fad (which I believe too), how lame or whatever else it is to wait that long, how "bad" the movie is, directing what seems like actual anger at the craze, etc....

Obviously prompting me to......remember back to when I was a kid, and how badly I wanted to meet certain heroes of mine....

Obviously prompting me to point out.....that I'll bet there are a lot of those same naysayers out there that would have peed their pants to meet Luke Skywalker back in the day, or Michael Jordan, or whomever (from whatever) time period they grew up in....which.....

Obviously prompted me to say.....let the kiddies have their moment. We did.

P.S. By the way, I went to see Frozen with all of my kids back when the movie first came out. I didn't know much about the movie going in, but walked out thinking to myself that it was one of the best Disney animated films ever (Still haven't seen The Emperor's New Groove yet, so the jury is still out). Had no idea the thing was going to explode the way it has.....but kinda glad that it did.

26 May 14--AMENDMENT--I have now seen Emperor's New Groove......meh.....thanks Netflix

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So, I was just watching a video on Youtube about the Frozen princesses (*Nerd ALERT*) in their new home at Fairytale Hall, and started feeling all Disney-fied, and have to admit there was a moment there where I got a little choked up.

Not for the princesses, or the Hall, or even the Disney "feeling" I was experiencing. Nope. It was for thinking about how my girls (both of them are 5 yrs. old--NOT TWINS, dang it!, But half a set of Quads!!) would react at getting to meet the Frozen gals. Seriously... I choked up.

Obviously prompting this thread....sooooo, then I got to thinking about how long that line can get at ye olde Hall, and how there have been many on these forums complaining about it, saying it's just a fad (which I believe too), how lame or whatever else it is to wait that long, how "bad" the movie is, directing what seems like actual anger at the craze, etc....

Obviously prompting me to......remember back to when I was a kid, and how badly I wanted to meet certain heroes of mine....

Obviously prompting me to point out.....that I'll bet there are a lot of those same naysayers out there that would have peed their pants to meet Luke Skywalker back in the day, or Michael Jordan, or whomever (from whatever) time period they grew up in....which.....

P.S. By the way, I went to see Frozen with all of my kids back when the movie first came out. I didn't know much about the movie going in, but walked out thinking to myself that it was one of the best Disney animated films ever (Still haven't seen The Emperor's New Groove yet, so the jury is still out). Had no idea the thing was going to explode the way it has.....but kinda glad that it did.

Honest question for you as someone who has kids. Could you really justify spending 5 hours in line for your kids to meet Anna and Elsa? How many other rewarding experiences would have have to give up just so you girls can have a few minutes with these characters? I have nothing against M&G's and totally agree that it can be a magical experience for kids, just wonder where someone draws the line.

MrDee

Original Poster
Oh, absolutely not....I wouldn't stand in a line that long for pretty much anything. Recently, I've been more struck by the amount of negativity on this site about the craze itself.....and all of the other negativity in general.

LithiumBill

Honest question for you as someone who has kids. Could you really justify spending 5 hours in line for your kids to meet Anna and Elsa? How many other rewarding experiences would have have to give up just so you girls can have a few minutes with these characters? I have nothing against M&G's and totally agree that it can be a magical experience for kids, just wonder where someone draws the line.
As father of two girls (and a boy) that are obsessed with the film, I have told them I will nto wait in a line 5 hours long. And they replied, the parks not open that long is it?

tl77

My family is going to make sure our girls get to see Anna and Elsa in the FoF parade, and avoid the M&G if the line is still that long during our trip

seahawk7

Maybe I`m naive but why didnt they keep the M&G at Epcot while they added the M&G at MK? They could even add one to HS to increase admission to that park after Star Wars Weekends. I think WDW should do this to lessen the wait times to give parents a break. I know my Mom would want to give me the chance to meet my favorite princess, Snow White when I was a child but not have to wait that long.

BigTxEars

Good stuff :) I can relate!

And see Emperor's New Groove, it's freaking awesome!

aladdin2007

Maybe I`m naive but why didnt they keep the M&G at Epcot while they added the M&G at MK? They could even add one to HS to increase admission to that park after Star Wars Weekends. I think WDW should do this to lessen the wait times to give parents a break. I know my Mom would want to give me the chance to meet my favorite princess, Snow White when I was a child but not have to wait that long.

Because it was mayhem at Epcot in too small of a space, they couldnt handle the crowds or layout for it. Not in Norway anyway.

cw1982

Because it was mayhem at Epcot in too small of a space, they couldnt handle the crowds or layout for it. Not in Norway anyway.

I think her point is that they could have conceivably done both instead of just having one or the other.

But to answer that, I've heard that they didn't have enough girls trained for those roles to sustain both. I've also heard they are training more now, so maybe the situation will improve before people start to forget about the film.

aladdin2007

I think her point is that they could have conceivably done both instead of just having one or the other.

But to answer that, I've heard that they didn't have enough girls trained for those roles to sustain both. I've also heard they are training more now, so maybe the situation will improve before people start to forget about the film.

they could have done both, but not in Norway as it was whether in another park too or not, maybe a bigger more empty location at Epcot.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We were talking about this in the Frozen replacing Maelstrom thread. My prediction is that they will replace one of the shows at DHS with a Frozen show and move the meet and greet there. It will free up Princess Hall and give families with small kids something else to do in DHS. It shouldn't take too long to change the show over so it could happen in a year or so. Much faster turn around than an actual ride.

aladdin2007

We were talking about this in the Frozen replacing Maelstrom thread. My prediction is that they will replace one of the shows at DHS with a Frozen show and move the meet and greet there. It will free up Princess Hall and give families with small kids something else to do in DHS. It shouldn't take too long to change the show over so it could happen in a year or so. Much faster turn around than an actual ride.

Not with how TDO does things.

Mike S

Frozen show and M&G in DHS, Frozen land with rides and another M&G in MK. The perfect combo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom