Feeling Frozen

msteel

Honest question for you as someone who has kids. Could you really justify spending 5 hours in line for your kids to meet Anna and Elsa? How many other rewarding experiences would have have to give up just so you girls can have a few minutes with these characters? I have nothing against M&G's and totally agree that it can be a magical experience for kids, just wonder where someone draws the line.

I doubt anybody here would actually put in the time to find out (except possibly @lentesta and crew) but do we have any idea whether these insane posted times for the M&G are anywhere near the actual wait time and not artificially inflated?

msteel

Even if 5 hours was double reality, 2 1/2 hours is still pretty bad.

Oh, absolutely. But I can see how there would be some families that would actually value the experience enough to wait 2 1/2 hours. I have a hard time imagining anybody who would value it 5 hours worth.

Sped2424

Even if 5 hours was double reality, 2 1/2 hours is still pretty bad.
I waited an hour and 30 minutes to meet oogie boogie, a character who is never ever out and that was on villains night when the park was packed to the brim. I am still amazed at the wait times for this.

HRHPrincessAriel

Honest question for you as someone who has kids. Could you really justify spending 5 hours in line for your kids to meet Anna and Elsa? How many other rewarding experiences would have have to give up just so you girls can have a few minutes with these characters? I have nothing against M&G's and totally agree that it can be a magical experience for kids, just wonder where someone draws the line.
I would not wait that long so the kiddo could meet them unless A&E handed me a full vacation refund.

30 min would be my max

seahawk7

I just saw the movie Frozen. I liked Anna and Elsa but I wouldn`t wait in line very long to meet them. Now granted I am not a child so maybe some of their appeal was lost on me. However, I did really enjoy Olaf and I would like to see WDW do something interactive with him. Maybe using the technology these used for Turtle Talk with Crush? That I would wait in line to see.

ght

I probably wouldn't wait that long to see them. Now whether I would wait that long to avoid the wrath of my 5 year old....

MickeyRN

Hi there,
I'm in WDW now and the wait is definitely 4-5 hours for Anna and Elsa, all day and night! My suggestion is to get a Fast Pass in advance using My Disney Experience App.
You can pre-select these up to 60 days before your trip, I believe.
I have a FP for tomorrow for this. If you plan ahead, it shouldn't be a problem to select a FP for this.

lentesta

Premium Member
I waited 4.5 hours for a 5-hour posted time. So pretty close.

This weekend I waited an hour at the MK, with a FastPass+ reservation, to see Anna & Elsa.

I can see why the line is so long, though - the experience is great. They spent several minutes with my family and were animated (ha!) and super friendly. It was great. Possibly the best character greeting in WDW.

iheartdisney91

Here's how I feel.

Anna and elsa should have stayed at Epcot.
The princess fairytale hall was built for our classic princesses. I feel like
Anna and elsa are now taking over everything! From this hall, to merchandise, to everything else.

Don't get me wrong, I love them and their movie but enough is enough.

I work with children every day and hearing them scream "let it go" everyday about 5 times
Has taken a toll, I plan to meet these princesses on my next disney trip..... But I think the world needs a short break from Frozen, and give our classic princesses their light back.

Frozen has great characters, and is a great movie and it definitely deserves the hype.
But our other princesses deserve the same.

Sped2424

Here's how I feel.

Anna and elsa should have stayed at Epcot.
The princess fairytale hall was built for our classic princesses. I feel like
Anna and elsa are now taking over everything! From this hall, to merchandise, to everything else.

Don't get me wrong, I love them and their movie but enough is enough.

I work with children every day and hearing them scream "let it go" everyday about 5 times
Has taken a toll, I plan to meet these princesses on my next disney trip..... But I think the world needs a short break from Frozen, and give our classic princesses their light back.

Frozen has great characters, and is a great movie and it definitely deserves the hype.
But our other princesses deserve the same.
Anna and Elsa were put into princess fairy tale hall because their meet and greet in norway could not support the crowds and lines that were occurring. Even now it's constantly being stated that their visit is temporary. Also princess fairytale hall was not designed to be just classic princesses only, but any and all princesses. Don't worry however anna and elsa leave every day by five, leaving the nighttime to be just whatever other princesses happen to be there that day.

iheartdisney91

Anna and Elsa were put into princess fairy tale hall because their meet and greet in norway could not support the crowds and lines that were occurring. Even now it's constantly being stated that their visit is temporary. Also princess fairytale hall was not designed to be just classic princesses only, but any and all princesses. Don't worry however anna and elsa leave every day by five, leaving the nighttime to be just whatever other princesses happen to be there that day.
I was trying to touch more on the smaller details of the hall.
The book ends, the stained glass, the glass slipper.... Classic stuff like that.

I'm thrilled anna and elsa have a meet and greet, I just think
Their popularity is overwhelming, and at times it can be tedious. a 5 hour wait time is nuts no matter
The location. Hahah!

Matt_Black

I was trying to touch more on the smaller details of the hall.
The book ends, the stained glass, the glass slipper.... Classic stuff like that.

Oh, I love the touches. I also like asking the princesses about the touches, because they often will go into great detail about them.

376.JPG
377.JPG

Seabasealpha1

I'm all for some kind of Frozen Attraction...but keep it at MK. That's where the princesses live and that's where they should stay. EPCOT is NOT for something like this. Even Donald duck is barely getting a hall pass as far as I'm concerned.

If I see one more cruddy overlay of any classic EPCOT ride I do believe I'll puke. Keep the faddy princesses where they belong. Besides...New fantasyland is great...but on the park map it looks a little lop-sided!

As for the wait...(and my son is still too little for even a M&G) I commend all the folks that love their kids enough to stand there like that. However, for what a good Disney vacation costs...and for all the stuff you're missing out on...I'd have to say forget about it!

Not worth it. The movie was good...but really not that good. It's not got the story line that many of the classics do. It's rather weak really....I think I actually enjoyed The Emperor's New Groove more...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom