Feb. 21st Star Wars land preview on ABC

PhotoDave219

I'm sorry. The new SW Land is an epic fail IMO. So much they could be doing and we'll be getting two new Star Tours - type attractions (yeah, maybe one will be decent), a cantina, a restaurant (which will just be Prime Time and Hollywood & Vine re-themed) and an upgraded Jedi Training Academy.

It's ridiculous.

I was disgusted when I first heard the plans and I'm even more so now. It's everything I was afraid it might be (pr nothing I hoped it would be).

19cj4cr794yt2jpg.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm sorry. The new SW Land is an epic fail IMO. So much they could be doing and we'll be getting two new Star Tours - type attractions (yeah, maybe one will be decent), a cantina (re-themed Backlot Express), a restaurant (which will just be Prime Time and Hollywood & Vine re-themed) and an upgraded Jedi Training Academy.

It's ridiculous.

I was disgusted when I first heard the plans and I'm even more so now. It's everything I was afraid it might be (or nothing I hoped it would be).

The second ride doesn't look anything like Star Tours.

doctornick

Fun fact about some of those pieces of concept art, some of the places depicted were rejected from Force Awakens. In "The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens", Han, Rey and Finn originally met Maz in a galactic port town as opposed to her castle in the final film. SWL's cantina is directly lifted from it and it appears the land itself was influenced by it.

I guess sorta like how Zeb (from Rebels) is reusing the original concept art for Chewbacca.

danv3

Of course it will be a strong addition to the park (Star Wars could never be anything other than a success) but I was underwhelmed by the early sneak peek. No "Wow" or "OHMYGOSH" there so far.

Mike S

I'm sorry. The new SW Land is an epic fail IMO. So much they could be doing and we'll be getting two new Star Tours - type attractions (yeah, maybe one will be decent), a cantina (re-themed Backlot Express), a restaurant (which will just be Prime Time and Hollywood & Vine re-themed) and an upgraded Jedi Training Academy.

It's ridiculous.

I was disgusted when I first heard the plans and I'm even more so now. It's everything I was afraid it might be (or nothing I hoped it would be).
The Stormtrooper ride looks like it could be very cool. Remember that's a very early video. Those could very well be AA's.

BrianLo

Well Harrison showed up 40 minutes earlier than expected...

It's ridiculous.

Sorry, what?

I don't see how the offspring of forbidden journey and 20k and a larger scale version of Mystic Manor have much in common with Star Tours other than the shared theme......

gmajew

Premium Member

It's ridiculous.

I little harsh. The stuff looked amazing!! For concept scenes of the dark ride it was pretty damn amazing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom