Feasable Rumors/Announcements

MerlinTheGoat

Just wondering, is there any inherent benefit to being right all of the time on the internet? You seem to throw a lot of stuff at the wall to see what sticks, for the sole purpose of making people apologize to you when you're right (which I don't remember happening).
As Krack said, you won't get anywhere by arguing with jt. He seems to just be into making posts for attention, and he demands apologies and respect from people without ever earning them.

I don't see the Dwarf Coaster being canceled. That would be a terrible idea. First gen Fantasyland plans were mediocre. This one stepped it up a notch. Still nothing on the scale of California Adventure, but a step in the right direction still. Big Thunder Mountain went through some trouble when it was being designed as well, but it was still built. There are usually speed bumps along the road with new complex attractions, it doesn't automatically mean it will be canceled when something arises to challenge people.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
There are usually speed bumps along the road with new complex attractions, it doesn't automatically mean it will be canceled when something arises to challenge people.

Soarin' and an erector set what? Anything and everything hits a speed bump at one point when it comes new technology. Best post in this thread.

jt04

Backtracked? Me?
Not a chance. I said Mermaid was scheduled for opening in the first quarter of fiscal year 2013. That is Oct-Dec of 2012. I still stand by that timeline, since it is coming from internal Disney documentation.

I've asked about the mine train. I'm told it is still on track (so to speak) to open as scheduled. I've even received some more recent documentation about the ride's layout, which has changed slightly.
As for the M&Gs...we've been over that too many times. They were cut because they would have been a nightmare for operations, and were deemed by the public, and many inside the company, as being too princess-centric.

So, over 14 months from opening then? Glad you are on the record. :)

Why would the eliminated m&gs have been a "nightmare for operations" and yet they seem unconcerned the similar Belle m&g attraction will be a problem?

Seems very contradictory. :veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu

As for being too princess-centric, no princess m&gs have been eliminated, just relocated and scaled back. Even the new mine train artwork depicts Snow White. Please explain. :veryconfu

And do you have any info on the percolating PH rumors after they are finished with the veranda? "PH" stands for Pixie Hollow in case you have forgotten. :lol:

RSoxNo1

I can't get everything right. Lee predicted late 2012 or early 2013 which he has now backtracked on. So, in the end we will see who was closer. Not that I give a hoot.

And what I say about the mine train is purely speculation and I admit that. But the reasons we were given for removing the original m&gs, which I questioned at the time, now appears to be utterly wrong. That is just the way it is. And now if we could get this thread back on track. We don't want it turning into something similar to a certain mine train ride that isn't. :ROFLOL:

Sorry. But I will always believe it is a good ride in the wrong place. Even if it does not happen.

Lee (and Disney) have said that the Mine Train ride would open in Early 2014 or Late 2013. I don't recall ever seeing a post where Lee said anything to the contrary.

Lee

Adventurer
So, over 14 months from opening then? Glad you are on the record. :)
It's not me on the record. It isn't my estimate or personal wish.
It comes straight from Disney's internal timeline.
Any sooner or later would indicate a misjudgment in their part, not me or my current information.

Why would the eliminated m&gs have been a "nightmare for operations" and yet they seem unconcerned the similar Belle m&g attraction will be a problem?

Seems very contradictory. :veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu
Because the extravagant M&Gs that were going in for both Cinderella and Aurora would have had extremely low hourly capacities. Extremely low, especially when you have them being pitched as major attractions.
Operations and Entertainment at MK never liked them, and were among their most vocal critics.

Belle is indeed similar, but I'm told they believe they have figured out a way to at least make the capacity "managable." Also, one low-capacity mega-M&G is easier to deal with than three.

As for being too princess-centric, no princess m&gs have been eliminated, just relocated and scaled back. Even the new mine train artwork depicts Snow White. Please explain. :veryconfu
Easy. They were trying to sell the idea of three princess-centric multi-million dollar mega-M&Gs. It was not warmly received, either by the good folks in operations, nor (so I'm told) from guest feedback.
The Mine Ride eliminates the capacity problem, reduces the amount of big-budget princess additions, and provides a more balanced option for guests who just have no interest in meeting a princess. Everybody likes rides, even one that features a princess, but not everyone wants to wait an hour to get an autograph and photo from one.

And do you have any info on the percolating PH rumors after they are finished with the veranda? "PH" stands for Pixie Hollow in case you have forgotten. :lol:
Nope.
I'm told that the Pixie M&G in the Veranda is temporary, but I haven't heard about any future plans for those girls. There isn't anywhere in the "expansion" to put them. Maybe a nook over by Peter Pan?:shrug:

kramden88

I'm hearing updates to Fantasmic, Illuminations, and a new parade at Magic Kingdom are probable. I think we'll hear a bit more details about the new FantasyLand. Other than that, I think anything else we hear will still be blue sky and nothing I would expect to actually get built.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear about a new attraction in Pixar Place as well as that has been on again off again, but other than that I don't expect much else. There are rumors that they'll announce a number of things just for the PR hype but that much of them will never actually get built, but I have no evidence either direction on those.

Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy if they never touched Illuminations for the rest of eternity. :sohappy:

jt04

It's not me on the record. It isn't my estimate or personal wish.
It comes straight from Disney's internal timeline.
Any sooner or later would indicate a misjudgment in their part, not me or my current information.

Because the extravagant M&Gs that were going in for both Cinderella and Aurora would have had extremely low hourly capacities. Extremely low, especially when you have them being pitched as major attractions.
Operations and Entertainment at MK never liked them, and were among their most vocal critics.

Belle is indeed similar, but I'm told they believe they have figured out a way to at least make the capacity "managable." Also, one low-capacity mega-M&G is easier to deal with than three.

Easy. They were trying to sell the idea of three princess-centric multi-million dollar mega-M&Gs. It was not warmly received, either by the good folks in operations, nor (so I'm told) from guest feedback.
The Mine Ride eliminates the capacity problem, reduces the amount of big-budget princess additions, and provides a more balanced option for guests who just have no interest in meeting a princess. Everybody likes rides, even one that features a princess, but not everyone wants to wait an hour to get an autograph and photo from one.

Nope.
I'm told that the Pixie M&G in the Veranda is temporary, but I haven't heard about any future plans for those girls. There isn't anywhere in the "expansion" to put them. Maybe a nook over by Peter Pan?:shrug:

I keep bringing up the subject because it is a paradox. Seems to me that if they were concerned with capacity then three of the plussed m&gs would be an advantage as they would cannabalize from each other and if a line was too long for any single attraction then guests would just naturally gravitate to the others and there would be increased capacity overall. Puzzling logic they are using.

As for PH, it is obvious that the original plan was canceled and is not coming back. But something on the scale of the DL version could easily find a nook in the sprawling new FL.

And I have to comment on "Entertainment" being a "vocal critic" of the Next Gen M&Gs. Aren't these the same brainiacs who gave us the Stitch stage and dance party? I just think that a good rule of thumb is to trust WDI every time and without question as long as they bring something in within a reasonable budget. Everybody is an armchair imagineer these days. :rolleyes:

AEfx

Everybody is an armchair imagineer these days. :rolleyes:

master:UMC885.jpg

Cosmic Commando

And I have to comment on "Entertainment" being a "vocal critic" of the Next Gen M&Gs. Aren't these the same brainiacs who gave us the Stitch stage and dance party? I just think that a good rule of thumb is to trust WDI every time and without question as long as they bring something in within a reasonable budget. Everybody is an armchair imagineer these days. :rolleyes:

Eh, gotta stick up for yourself. WDI does not always care about the people who actually have to operate the attractions.

jt04

Is it my imagination or has this thread derailed off the train tracks far from where it was headed?

My sense is that it has not. I really think the FLE is still being tweaked although I don't think that means they will return to Plan A (or Plan B or C for that matter) :lol:

BeachClubNut

And I appreciate that, but this thread is in particular about what is feasable for them to announce at D23, not what is likely to happen at some point in the future. Sorry if there was confusion, but I think this is a different topic than just the general future projects thread.

Shouldn't this be titled "Anyone's Guess To What The Next Projects Will Be?" as no one really knows and all this thread will be is all posters guessing as to what may / should happen. Its based on pure speculation.....with no real facts. Seems pointless, we can all guess what we would hope/wish to see but true facts would make for better reading.

Criswell3000

Wishlist

So, I will just give you what I want to happen most, regardless of feasibility, since I have no way to gauge what is feasible and what is not:

1: Removal of the BAH
2: AK expansion of some sort, I don't care what it is, just as long as it's high quality and gives me and my kids more to do at AK.
3: Do something with the dead space in DHS, like Sounds Dangerous
4: New world showcase pavilion in EPCOT, don't care which country, but I would like to see a ride of some sort come with it.

I do not expect all or any of this to happen, but I sure would be excited if any of it did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom