Favorite WDW "Treasure" You've Purchased

WDWFigment

Original Poster
What is your most prized WDW purchase (from eBay, if that's applicable to you)?

For me, it's the Figment Big Figure I got about a month ago. Second would be a PotC shirt I just bought

n40800082_30655800_9923.jpg

(I have this thread in the proper "Merchandise" subforum, but pictures aren't allowed there. Without pictures, what fun is this thread?!?)

MacDuffieMuppet

i would have to say my big eeyore. i got him for 30 dollars at the village and he was worth like 100. I love him so much:slurp: . He's my avatar. he goes with me everywhere and sleeps with me every night. weird i know, but thats ok.

SirNim

eBay, summer 2006

A certain artist's proof lithograph, ultra rare, signed by the artist, last available for purchase 15 years ago.

no2apprentice

My all time greatest purchased treasure was from Disneyland back in about 1986 (I think it was '86). It is a cel (no, not sericel or litho, but an authentic movie cel) from a scene in A Christmas Carol with Scrooge and Ollie.

At the time I got it, they had a set of four authentic cels from Sleeping Beauty for $1200. I would have had to max out two credit cards at the time to get it, and my wife would have let me, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Four cels from Sleeping Beauty for $1200...I could kick myself now!:hammer:

As far as WDW, my greatest purchase was a Mickey as the Sorcerer's Apprentice pin. I didn't even notice when I got it that it was a flawed pin...Mickey has no pupils! I looked the next day to buy another, but they had already pulled them from the pin carts.

Lee

Adventurer
Ummm...let's see....
I'm fond of my seat from a Nautilus, and my Tomorrowland 2055 project team jacket.
Neither from ebay.

eroyee

i would have to say my big eeyore. i got him for 30 dollars at the village and he was worth like 100. I love him so much:slurp: . He's my avatar. he goes with me everywhere and sleeps with me every night. weird i know, but thats ok.
I also have the big EEyore and my son did pay $100 for him. I call him King EEyore. that is my favorite Disney treasure........:sohappy:

Baloo423

My fave thing from WDW was part of King Louie's Temple from the Journey Into Jungle Book show at AK and a piece of the Great Wall from the Mulan Parade. Both things I got when the show and parade closed while I was working there. Not alot of people can take those memories ACTUALLY home with them! :sohappy:

Favorite WDW treasure: The "Magical Gatherings" banner that hung in WDW, w/Tink on it.

Favorite DL treasure: A guidemap from Disneyland the first year it was opened!

Soooo cool, I love them!

disney9752

i think my fave merchandise is my MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE items i bought at wdw when it came back, & the goodies off ebay from disneyland from its farwell in 96 & return in 2001. although not really merchandise,the 30 nametags or so from the parks, MY FACE IS THE FARWELL SEASON OF MSEP FROM DISNEYLAND IN 96.:sohappy:

Disneybird

One of my favorites is the set of Dept. 56 WDW buildings I bought in the Christmas shop in Liberty Square several years ago. But my all time favorites are Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck bean bags I bought in the mid seventies. I think I paid about 4-6 dollars each for them (alot back then). For WDW's 25th anniversary there was a museum of sorts set up on Main Street while items from the parks beginning until that time (newspapers, magazines, lunchboxes, etc.). In one display case were Mickey and Donald bean bags just like mine.

Jason21783

For me, its my attraction posters. Going under the train station at MK is one of my favorite "moments" of the trip. My Tomorrowland and Haunted Mansion ones are my favorites.

SallyShine

For me, its my attraction posters. Going under the train station at MK is one of my favorite "moments" of the trip. My Tomorrowland and Haunted Mansion ones are my favorites.

Me too! Love the posters in the tunnels! My favorite item was a birthday present from my husband. A beautiful Citizen watch (from Jewelry store at MGM) with Mickey on the face.

paul436

We bought a stuffed Pooh one year and on the last day he must have gotten caught up in the bedding and he didn't get packed to return to NYC. My youngest daughter was devastated. She gets very attached to her stuffed animals. We were able to contact WDW and tell them which gift shop we purchased it from and they sent the exact same Pooh to us. Since the lost one was brand new also, my daughter was convinced it was the same one. To this day we still call that stuffed bear "Runaway Pooh". :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom