Favorite WDW splurge

murphy

Original Poster
What is your favorite WDW splurge? Is it a deluxe resort? An extended vacation? souvenirs? Golf? Renting a boat? Expensive meals?Or anything else that completes the magic for your family!! What do you enjoy?

DiPSU224

I have to agree, the trip in itself is a bit of a splurge, but we always treat ourselves to one expensive meal per trip. We like either the California Grill or Cinderella's Royal Table. I also splurge on picture frames and photo albums...I need to get one or more every trip! :)

Ringo8n24

Dive Quest at Epcot's Living Seas. My husband is addicted to it and will repeat it again in September. I think Richard Petty's driving experience would be a great splurge for myself.:animwink:

Laura

The food!! I try to have at least 1 nice sit down meal per day when I am at Disney. If I could, I'd eat at the Garden Grill 2x a day because I love the food so much!

I'd rather stay in a cheap hotel and be able to eat good than stay in a nice hotel and have to deal with counter service!

Needless to say, I am on the phone with WDW-DINE for about an hour getting all my PS's because I have so many!!

Kermit the Frog

Originally posted by Laura22
I'd rather stay in a cheap hotel and be able to eat good than stay in a nice hotel and have to deal with counter service!

I'm with you on that one. The way I see it is the more I save on lodging then it's that much more I can spend in the parks. Sometimes that means going off property to the Econolodge or someplace similar if it means squeezing in an extra trip each year to WDW.

As for the actual splurging, for me that would be a nice meal or two or a trip to DisneyQuest.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Actually, we kind of have a tradition where every time we go to Disney, we go to Sleuth's Mystery Dinner Theater on International Drive. Not really a splurge AT Disney, but it's a splurge during the trip, so I guess that counts.

BrerPete

Victoria and Albert's. I would compare their Hawaiin Chocolate Soufle to the rush people get from jumping out of a plane. Its really that good. I'm getting the cold sweats just thinking about it.

DisneyrazZ

I would have to say my biggest WDW splurge, besides the hotel room and admission prices would have to be....my Share a Dream Come True Snowglobe. It is definitely my favorite snowglobe and it should be since it was $130 :eek: It may not seem like much to people with lots of money, but I was 19 and working at the Disney Store ($5.50 p/h). heheh :hammer:

-DisneyrazZ

ArsonWinter

I always, always buy an official park CD. It's just something I enjoy. Though I should get around to buying the Fantasmic soundtrack next time.

Disneygrl36

Well, like other people have already said the whole trip really is a splurge by the time you get plane tickets, passes & a hotel room. We do treat ourselves to at least one nice sit down meal per day---first because we want some good food but secondly to take some time out to rest & enjoy being with each other. We also went to the very merry christmas party last time which was a nice added splurge & this trip we will be going to the not so scary halloween party. It's nice doing extra things. We enjoy shopping & buying little surprises for each other too that we can't get back home. :)

Kwit35

Originally posted by Laura22
The food!! I try to have at least 1 nice sit down meal per day when I am at Disney. If I could, I'd eat at the Garden Grill 2x a day because I love the food so much!

Needless to say, I am on the phone with WDW-DINE for about an hour getting all my PS's because I have so many!!
I have to agree. I love to eat and we always do at least one good, sit down meal per day. I actually have Disney (dine) on speed dial, on my cell phone. :)

Joevn

I splurge on souvenirs, particulary the Disney theme park CDs. A few trips ago I got the WDW Monorail Train Set. And finally, since all of the food from the snack carts are overpriced (then again, what isn't there?), I generally try to avoid them and save money for lunch or dinner. But I gotta have a Mickey Mouse Premium Ice Cream Bar! :) Mmm..

Joe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom