Favorite WDW splurge

barnum42

My biggest splurge after the tickets was on my first trip in 1987 when I bought a genuine animation cell of Orville that was used in the production of The Rescuers.

Mine has got to be while driving to the magic kingdom and other parks we often see really cool billboard and the signs for the highway are shaped like mickey ears i get a little teary-eyed when i see this because then i really know i am in THE WORLD OF DISNEY

SIGH

65 more days till i see those ears while driving to disney

jacksnightmare

I always end up giong overboard and buying all the nightmare before christmas stuff from the Villians Store and then usually a piece from the Art of Disney. Then if I still have money I blow it all out at Virgin Megastore on cds and dvds. Its always bad when I get home and then realize that I have no money for a few weeks and have to live off of pennies and dimes until I get paid.

nicholas

I don't have one thing or event I get each time, but usually purchase one slightly expensive item per trip. In Feb it was my Pal Mickey, and since he can return on later trips and still work, he's like the gift that keeps on giving. And most recently it was a nice bottle of cologne from World Showcase. That one will probably become somewhat of a tradition because some of them smell awesome and they aren't the same colognes everyone else I know will be wearing.

wolf29

Ours is renting a car. While the transportation @ Disney is pretty efficient, it is nice to have your own vehicle, especially with two small boys. We stay @ FW Cabins where you park in your own driveway. Very nice after a busy day.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
For my wife it's definitely midday massage/manicure/pedicure.
For me it's buying a few extra pins...why oh why did I start that...$6-13 for a piece of colored metal...

plutoguy32

We splurge on one sit down meal per TRIP. It is so expensive just to get there and stay for 8 days. It may not seem like a big splurge to most, but we always enjoy our one nice meal! :slurp:

barnum42

Originally posted by plutoguy32
We splurge on one sit down meal per TRIP. It is so expensive just to get there and stay for 8 days. It may not seem like a big splurge to most, but we always enjoy our one nice meal! :slurp:
We went to Boma twice last time. Ok, so it's not the most expensive, but it's certainly more than Tusker House.

But damn! It's good.:slurp:

I'll let you know when I get back at the end of august. I'm sure I'll have all sorts of trinkets. As much as I love food, I'd be more inclined to stick with counter service to have more money for souveniers. And I haven't been in like 8 years, so I'm sure I'll find something around every corner I wanna buy.

Pippa

Our biggest splurge apart from the whole cost of the holiday, is that we always have a meal at Le Cellier and we always have to have a bottle of the most expensive champagne! :king: This stems from the fact that on our first trip it was my 25th birthday and now its a traditional splurge!

fireresqdog

for me its just brining the wife.... she cant get enough stuff........on our honeymoon we spent 5,000 on souvenirs in the park. we also have to eat a Le Celier ever time we are in the park.

please excuse the misspellings

GrumpysGal

For me, my splurge would definately be collecting snowglobes. I buy one or two each time I go.:D And then I really get upset when I see them half off at the Disney Character Warehouse in my local mall! :mad: I will never learn... :rolleyes:

MelBelle

My splurge is always some huge amount of money spent on souveniers. I only buy stuff from the World Showcase pavillions and my latest every time we go item is, a Ritzenhoff glass from Germany. Last time I got 4 teacups and 4 milk glasses:lookaroun

figmentmom

Welcome, fireresqdog!:wave:

My favorite splurge is Figment merchandise! It's impossible to have too much. I also buy a WDW sweatshirt every trip (as you can imagine, I have quite the collection...):lookaroun :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom