Favorite spot for Wishes!

rocknroller81

Original Poster
I don't know about the rest of you, but my personal favorite spot to watch this show is on the beach of the Polynesian Resort. I remember the first time I saw the show on the beach was after a good dinner at Ohana (highly recommend it to those who've never been). Me and my sister heard the music start in the restaurant, then bolted from our chairs to the beach. Let me tell ya: it is absolutely astonishing! I remember hearing them playing the show's music, but it's hard to hear it. So I put the music on my iPod, kick back in a chair, and watch the magic come to life. Believe it or not, the music and the fireworks seem to be more in sync when you watch it from there. So, now that I've thrown in my two cents, what about everybody else?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Nah, front of the hub, right below the castle, with my kiddo in my lap as she "ooh's and ahh's".

May not be the best view, but certainly the best experience!

NiarrNDisney

I love to watch Wishes from the Poly beach but when I am in the park we like to hide out on the path between Tomorrowland and Tomorrowland Terrace.

Disney Shib

I don't know about the rest of you, but my personal favorite spot to watch this show is on the beach of the Polynesian Resort. I remember the first time I saw the show on the beach was after a good dinner at Ohana (highly recommend it to those who've never been). Me and my sister heard the music start in the restaurant, then bolted from our chairs to the beach. Let me tell ya: it is absolutely astonishing! I remember hearing them playing the show's music, but it's hard to hear it. So I put the music on my iPod, kick back in a chair, and watch the magic come to life. Believe it or not, the music and the fireworks seem to be more in sync when you watch it from there. So, now that I've thrown in my two cents, what about everybody else?

YAY! This just made my day. My parents and fiance' have been trying for years to get me to make Ohana dining reservations in sync with being able to stay and watch Wishes from the beach. We are doing it in January and i've been worried that it won't have the same feeling as being right there on Main Street.

Tom 55

On top of the Contemporary hotel on the balcony outside of California grill. I have done this twice with the grand kids. They pipe in the music with a delay to make up for the delay with the sound having to travel that far.

Attachments

• IMG_1027.JPG
    IMG_1027.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 39

rangerbob

YAY! This just made my day. My parents and fiance' have been trying for years to get me to make Ohana dining reservations in sync with being able to stay and watch Wishes from the beach. We are doing it in January and i've been worried that it won't have the same feeling as being right there on Main Street.

I've watched Hallowishes, holidaywishes and july 4 from the beach before and the view is awesome.

cslafferty

Got engaged watching Wishes from the beach at Poly Feb. 15, 2004! That was the first time we had seen Wishes, and had never heard the soundtrack. That night the speakers weren't working, so didn't hear any of the music or words. When the two shooting stars crossed over the castle, he whispered "make a wish," and then when it was over, said "Your wish came true" as he put the ring on my finger! The next night we watched from inside the park right in front of the castle in between the end of MS and the hub, and when I heard the soundtrack, I cried like a baby!! So for us, we HAVE to watch from in front of the castle to get the effect of the shooting stars crossing over the castle! Had an opportunity once to watch in the "preferred viewing" area and turned it down. We have a room at the contemporary with MK view in just 21 days, but will watch Wishes from our spot in front of the castle. I AM looking forward to watching Holiday Wishes from our balcony on the nights we don't have MVMCP tickets, tho!:D

luv

Back of the hub where it was designed for. Slightly offset to see all the hi level.
I didn't know that is where it was designed for, but that's my favorite spot, too.

If you've seen Wishes ten million times and don't mind missing most of it...the most interesting view, IMO (and at the risk of never being able to do it again once I've posted it online) is in the Mermaid queue, through the hole in the cave. It's like you're Ariel, herself, watching the fireworks from underwater. I'd like to shake the hand of the mathematical genius engineer who said, "build it here, put the hole there." Pretty awesome. (But not a good view, really, at all. Wouldn't advise it for the first, second, fifth or tenth viewing, but later, when you don't care about missing the actual show.)

RMichael21

Same as many, many, many people. Right in the hub. I kind of like the Tommorowland/Liberty Square bridges. They offer a really nice view if there aren't any lamp posts/trees in the way.

brokedad

Poly for sure, cold drink in my hand also.I find hard in MK to be looking straight up and turning my head since there all over the place.

shmmrname

We like to spend one night watching the whole show. But, my favorite is spot is the other nights where we're on Splash or Big Thunder during it.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Along the path between Casey's and Crystal Palace, just before (as you walk from Casey's) the corner where the PP photographer usually is during the day. Must've watched 10+ times from that spot. Not quite as crowded as the hub, but almost straight on and affords the ability to sit right up against the fence and not have ANYONE or anything in front of you until the castle (well, there is one slightly obtrusive lamp post, but not too bad).

I also quite enjoyed the ramp up from the ferry at TTC - great for pictures.

l4dybu6

Right by the carosuel in Fantasyland. It's a bit like watching a tennis match, but you can see the fireworks perfectly :3

Jenna

I've only ever watched from the hub or a bit further down Main Street (outside Casey's). I have it in my head that I really want to see it from the Train Station but am I right in thinking the view would probably be a little obstructed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom