FAVORITE SEAT???

englanddg

One Little Spark...
This could be a very long list! I'll try to keep it short.

ToT - Front right (no specific reason, I've just always liked that seating)
RnR - Front (this makes a HUGE difference to me, it's almost a completely different ride)
Splash - Front
Philharmagic - Front row, or near to the front row, center (Best 3D, I think, and the wraparound screen is more immersive)
Captain EO - Center Theatre (Best 3D, I think)
Muppets - Center Theatre (Best 3D, I think)
Maelstrom - Front Row (which becomes the back row) (better drop, AND you really get a great view of the "waterfall"
Pirates - Back Row (better drop, I think, and the way the ride is designed, having people in front really don't effect you much)
Small World - Front Row (no heads in the way)
Safari - Right side "window" seat (better view, I think)
Jungle Cruise - Back of the boat (no reason, just like the back of the boat)

topher

My absolute favorite seat in WDW is front row center on CoP. I love to sit with my gf in the two seats that are separated from the rest.

Honorable Mentions:
Back row on BTM, Everest and SM
Mid log on Splash Mtn
Front row on RnRC

Figments Friend

Here are some prime seating locations for these attractions if you are interested in focusing on the show elements, exspecially for Animatronic-laden attractions and rides with a lot of great show scenes.
This might be helpful to fans of those types of attractions, and fans who like to know where to sit for the best video/photography locations.

I note attractions only where the seating can play a major difference in the overall experience of a attraction or show. Most WDW attractions offer great views and equal experience regardless where you sit, so i will not bother covering those.

As a general rule, ALL 3D film presentations are best viewed from the row furthest from the screen. The 3D effects will be more pronounced and effective when viewed from here. The exception to this would be *MuppetVision- 3D* where if you want to see the entertaining animatronic characters and Sweetums up close and personal, the front row is a must. I actually recommend viewing this particular show twice - once from the middle row to enjoy the film and overall in-theatre effects, and one more time from the front row to concentrate solely on the animatronic elements.

Here are some of my fave seats around WDW....

At EPCOT -
-----------

The Universe of Energy -
First row, Left car when you enter the theatre to load.
This is the FIRST car to enter the Diorama scene with large animatronic dinos. Sitting here gives you excellent eye lines with no one ( and no heads ) in front of you. If the fog bank effect is working, all the better to enhance your experience entering the primeval world.
If you are filming this attraction for the animatronic elements, THIS is the place to be.
If you are filming the film elements, you will want to be in the MIddle Car, middle row seat when you load.

The American Adventure -

First row availible to Guests (non-handicapped seat row ) smack dab center if you want prime viewing of the amazing animatronic figures and show scenes. I always sit in this seat for each visit when i stop by to see this show.
If you want a better view of a overall presentation, both film, animatronic, and overall ambiance of the in-theatre effects, i recommend a center seat in the middle of the theatre.

Journey Into Your Imagination -

Third car, first row seat in ride vehicle. This will give you the best view of the few full-bodied Figment animatronics in the attraction, particularly the figure used after the Smell Lab sequence.

Spaceship Earth -

Any seat is usually fine, but for animatronic fans i find sitting on the left-hand side offers more up-close viewings.

Soarin* -

Most definately front row in the gliders located in the middle section.
You will experience the ride with the best viewing lines, and without other Guest*s feet dangling in your sightlines. You will also get the full effect of the film presentation filling your complete field of vision.

Living with The Land -
Front row on any boat.

Malestrom -
I find the middle row on any boat to be best, as the front row is blocked somewhat visually by the decorative bow. Sit in the back row for a slightly better experience when you tumble over the falls...

Now to The Magic Kingdom -
--------------------------------

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad -

What others have already said : The back row of the last car is best if you want a real hair raising, run-away train feeling to your ride experience. So for thrills, sit here.
For show elements, i recommend a car in the middle, first row.
Front row in the front car is reserved for those who desire neither viewing show elements or are timid on the thrills.
For years, there has been a rumor among Cast Members that one of the numbered trains is slightly faster then the others. Which one it is...well...that is a Cast Member secret apparently...

Stitch*s Great Escape -

It varies depending on which of the two seperate show rooms you enter, but as a general rule if you want to view the incredible Stitch animatronic figure the best seat is usually opposite the door you entered, middle row, seat slightly off-center.
Use the Cannons above you as a visual clue to where to locate this seat. Both Cannons should be visable and not directly above you, but you also do not want to sit directly between them.
This will give you the best angles to view the figure in action.
Sitting here also puts you in a great spot to exit quickly after the show, as the exit doors are directly behind you.
If you sit a row or two closer, more under either Cannon, Stitch has a few surprises for those who sit in this seat, and for whoever sits directly opposite.

Carrousel of Progress -

First full row, center seat.
If you desire really close viewing of the animatronic and detailed sets, then sit yourself in one of the seats paired in twos directly in front of the first full, continuous row of seats.
These seats are used for Guests in wheelchairs when they are present for a showing, but are open to any Guest if they are not used.

Splash Mountain -

If you want to get wet, First Row on any log.
If you would rather not, Last Row on any log.
For maximum enjoyment of the wonderful show elements and animated figures, i recommend the first row on any log. No Guest heads will be in your way and it is the best place to be for taking photos or video. Just be sure to cover that camera WELL before you are flung into the Briar Patch, as the front row WILL get quite wet !

Country Bear Jamboree -

Best seat for a overall great experience seeing all show elements, you want to be in the middle row.
For close up viewing of the whimsical animated Bears, sit in the front row, stage center.
For filming the entire presentation, i recommend the BACK row. Few Guests sit here and your sightlines will be excellent for film capturing purposes. Just make sure you have a steady hand. The back row is also nice to view the show without having small children squirming all around you as the case may be in the coveted middle row.

The Enchanted Tiki Room -

I recommend sitting in the back row for this presentation.
You will be able to see most of the performing birds and flowers from a better viewing angle and also be closer to certain show elements.
Be sure to sit with your back towards the center of one of the four *windows*. During the course of the show, some neat visual effects happen in these windows that should be seen, and you will also be right next to performing Tiki Gods and flowers. It is a neat place to be.
This seat also insures more elbow room ( most Guests sit in the first three rows ) and also less of a chance of getting a sore neck looking directly above you as Guests in the first two row have to do.

Jungle Cruise -
Any seat is usually okay, but my favorite spot is third person towards the front, on the left hand side.
Lots to see, and you will be able to get some great photos.
Sit on the opposite side, third person, for great photos of some of the more famous scenes associated with this attraction.

Pirates of the Caribbean -

First row center on any boat.
A great time to ride is before the Park closes, when many times you will have a entire boat to yourself.
Consider this if you want to capture prime video footage or some awesome photographs (non-flash, please!)

It*s a Small World -

First row, any boat for maximum viewing of the charming scenes. Where you want to be for video taking or photo ops.

Peter Pan*s Flight -

Given the choice between the two availible rows on the Pirate Ship, take the second row. The first rows sightlines are blocked by the *sail* and you do not want to miss any of the appeal of the fun scenes all around you.

At Disney*s Hollywood Studios -
----------------------------------

The Great Movie Ride -
For close up viewing of most of the animatronics, i recommend the first or second row in the first car to enter the attraction ( two large ride cars are usually paired together ). This is the prime spot to view the stunning Wicked Witch of The West figure in action. You are right there..and so close you can see her eyebrows twitch in disgust!
If you want to be attacked by the creepy star of the film *Alien* , sit in the center of Car Two. Watch out for a Alien to pop out of the wall as well to your right !
For overall experience of the entire ride as a whole, i recommend the center row of either car. You will get a more balanced view of all the show elements, as well as the finale film.

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular -

Preferred seating is *the closer, the better* in this high energy live stunt presentation. Center, middle is also a great place to be. Get there EARLY to secure these prime seating spots.

Beauty & The Beast - Live On Stage-

My personal favorite spot to sit is directly behind the shows* control/sound pit in the center of the theatre. Many Guests do not sit in this row for they fear their view of the show will be blocked. Not true. This is actually a great spot to be, as not only do you get a row of seats with no Guests in front of you BUT you also get to enjoy a little *Backstage Magic* as you can watch the show director, lighting director, and other techs sit there in the control pit and run through the motions of the audio/lighting aspects of the production.
I find this to be a fun plus, and brings a little added bonus to the experience.

Those with children tend to sit as close to the stage as possible.
Photographers - Sit sixth row up from the ground level seats, or in the row i mention above behind the show control pit.

Star Tours -

For a rockier ride, sit in the back row, either corner seat. Sitting in the center of this row is slightly tamer.
For those who want a tamer ride overall, sit in the front row or the middle, away from the edges.
I find the best seat of all is direct center. Best view of the 3D film elements and enough of a thrill without being too jerky.

And finally, Disney*s Animal Kingdom -
----------------------------------------

Dinosaur -

Back row, corner seat for the most thrills and a rough ride...plus better views of the Carnotaur that chases your vehicle.
Center for a milder ride. This is also a good seat if you want to purchase the on-ride photo offered.
For folks wanting to see the animatonic elements and show scenes, front row is best.
Front row is also the least bumpy ride.

Festival of The Lion King -

I find the *Giraffe Section * quite perfect.
This is the section to your immediate LEFT as you enter the theatre. During the show this area is flanked by the giant giraffe and elephant floats.
Also during the start of the show, you have prime viewing of the opening float, as well as perfect view of the Pumbaa and Simba floats which will be across from you...setting the background scene in your field of vision.
Regardless of which of the four sections you end up being seated in, these notes apply to all -
Sit in the first two rows (non-handicapped) for a closer view of the performers and to feel like you are a part of the show. If you have children, sit here on the very end seats for the chance to have your child chosen to be in one of several Guest interactive elements of the show. They may well end up being a real part of the presentation if you sit here.
Sit in the middle rows for the best overall view of everything, including the huge floats.
Sit in the BACK row for more elbow room and photography purposes.
Wonderful, non-intrusive sightlines are here for this purpose.

Kilimanjaro Safari -

I find sitting on either the left or right end of a row is best, avoiding the first row. The further back in this case, the better, but sit on the edge so you will have a unobstructive view. If the animals wander close to the truck on the side you are on, you get prime viewing with no other Guest heads or cameras in the way. The BACK row can also be a great spot.

jato4x4

I dont remember where it was I seen or read it. But it said that the best seats in soarin, were the on the top row of the outer sections, but closest to the center section. If that makes sense. To notepad for a diagram:

The purple ones are the ones that it said gave you best movement. I think it was in one of the Imagineering handbooks or an interview with the designer. But the info actually came from an imagineer. Ill try and look thru my books and find a reference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom