Favorite rides/attractions?

Favourite is definitely tower of terror and as been since I was young, the theming is amazing and the thrill seems different every time! Will it go up will it go down love it!

Also sad about SoC it was beautiful and as many have said the scenery and the scents were just beautiful (I also loved to kick the skiers etc as a kid, and loved dodging the golf ball)

And also a big lover of the great movie ride. Also yet to rid MMRR it was too busy last year and with a toddler who won’t wait it just wasn’t possible. Hopefully this year we can!

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
Favourite is definitely tower of terror and as been since I was young, the theming is amazing and the thrill seems different every time! Will it go up will it go down love it!

Also sad about SoC it was beautiful and as many have said the scenery and the scents were just beautiful (I also loved to kick the skiers etc as a kid, and loved dodging the golf ball)

And also a big lover of the great movie ride. Also yet to rid MMRR it was too busy last year and with a toddler who won’t wait it just wasn’t possible. Hopefully this year we can!
Agree on all points! ToT is a ride that if they rethemed it like they did in Cali, I'd never ride it again. Soarin' is already lost to me because I don't want to ride SatW. Same ride, but a completely different ride. I'd feel the same way about ToT if they changed it in WDW.

Welcome to the forum btw!

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
Hate to always bring this up, but they still “plus” attractions at Disneyland to this day. It’s a difference in the parks, has been for a long time.
I wouldn't know about this specifically for DL and am not disagreeing with you, but when they "plus" Haunted Mansion each Christmas season... well, let's just say that I'm happy I never visit DL around those times. I'm a huge Halloween fan and a massive Haunted Mansion fan, but for me HM and NBC are not logically intertwined. It makes no sense to me. What makes the HM the place that NBC takes over? Just because the HM is spooky? I feel like they unnecessarily ruin the ride for months for no good reason.

Smiley/OCD

Hate to always bring this up, but they still “plus” attractions at Disneyland to this day. It’s a difference in the parks, has been for a long time.
My DW & I hope to go next year to see my daughter in Northern California…I’ve never been there…SOON

bryanfze55

I wouldn't know about this specifically for DL and am not disagreeing with you, but when they "plus" Haunted Mansion each Christmas season... well, let's just say that I'm happy I never visit DL around those times. I'm a huge Halloween fan and a massive Haunted Mansion fan, but for me HM and NBC are not logically intertwined. It makes no sense to me. What makes the HM the place that NBC takes over? Just because the HM is spooky? I feel like they unnecessarily ruin the ride for months for no good reason.
I agree, I do not like Haunted Mansion Holiday - but I do appreciate the effort they put in to it, it is a visual spectacle. I much prefer the regular Haunted Mansion.

However, that’s more of an overlay than a “plussing.” I consider plussing to be adding effects, show scenes, etc., and making an existing ride better.

Examples include modernizing the Fantasyland dark rides, adding the dynamite on the lift hill in Big Thunder, etc.

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
I agree, I do not like Haunted Mansion Holiday - but I do appreciate the effort they put in to it, it is a visual spectacle. I much prefer the regular Haunted Mansion.

However, that’s more of an overlay than a “plussing.” I consider plussing to be adding effects, show scenes, etc., and making an existing ride better.

Examples include modernizing the Fantasyland dark rides, adding the dynamite on the lift hill in Big Thunder, etc.
I have to admit that the work they do is spectacular. It's over the top eye candy. I just hate that they ruin the mansion to do it. If they created an all-year-long attraction with all the NBC eye candy, I'd be all for it. In fact, if they decided to add a new attraction at WDW HS dedicated to NBC, I think it'd be quite popular. I just hate that they sacrifice a perfect attraction to add NBC for the season.

KaliSplash

Splash Mountain is the best ride ever. I tremble for the replacement.
My username should be SplashKali instead of KaliSplash .
I do like Kali a lot, even with its short duration.
Big Mission:Space fan, as well as Rise.
And obviously, Kali.

what would I rip out? Stitch if it weren't already closed.

J4546

Splash Mountain is the best ride ever. I tremble for the replacement.
My username should be SplashKali instead of KaliSplash .
I do like Kali a lot, even with its short duration.
Big Mission:Space fan, as well as Rise.
And obviously, Kali.

what would I rip out? Stitch if it weren't already closed.
I love river rapids rides, they are so fun and chaotic....Kali River is the worst River Rapids ride ive been on and it makes me sad that its in a disney park. I wish the ride had been built out like planned instead of cut so drasticaly

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
I love river rapids rides, they are so fun and chaotic....Kali River is the worst River Rapids ride ive been on and it makes me sad that its in a disney park. I wish the ride had been built out like planned instead of cut so drasticaly
Isn't everything at the Parks drastically cut these days? Seems like plans are usually grand, and the final product is basically a ghost of the original plan. I'm just hearing this a lot about all new build outs, like in EPCOT at the moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom