Favorite ride in MK?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm so torn. Thunder is my favorite coaster at Disney. But HM is by far my favorite attraction overall. But Splash certainly comes close to original magic of Disney. I don't get the magic of space. It is a great attraction but pitch black is hardly great Imagineering.

Beholder

Haunted Mansion. For me, it's still the standard by which I measure all others. Classic Disney. I grew up wanting a house identical to HM. Still do.

KCheatle

This is a toughie...but the one ride I cannot NOT go on is the carousel of progress. If it was just me and my DD, the one ride we could not NOT go on would be the Haunted House. If it was just me and my DS, it would be POC. If it was just my DH, it would be Splash mountain.

WDWoptmist

Oh man such a tough question...I'd probably have to go with Splash Mountain. It has such a great story and it builds you up to such a thrilling drop in to the briar patch. But if you catch me on a different day I might say Space or BTM at night, Haunted Mansion and PoC are up there too AHHHH so much to choose from :) I did a top 10 favorite attraction list at http://thewdwblog.com/2014/03/05/kyles-top-10-must-do-attractions-at-walt-disney-world/ and that was so hard to narrow down to 10 and then ranking them was nearly impossible :D I love top 10's sorry for posting my link but figured it is pretty relevant to the post

jprieur

1. Space mountain for overall emotional connection. While its a bit dated, its beyond nostalgic status for me. Star tunnel music, and just the smell of the building remind me of my childhood of riding over and over again. Done the refurbed disneyland, and yeah its smoother - but just not the same. Would have been nice if they updated the lift hills during the 09 refurb though - they should have gone with the same system at RnRC - themed after an actual launch. I know there is no way the current track could handle those stress loads and deflections so of course that would have necessitated an entire new track. . . . .

2. Splash mountain for overall execution and theming, a home run from the imagineers in my opinion.

3. Alien Encounter. Please bring this back!

Tonka's Skipper

Ours by far is the POTC.........It was the last attraction Walt had a deep hand in, both is California and of course to a lesser degree in WDW.

It is also our 1 ride each trip. I am one of those who are old enough may remember as the Sunday night Wonderful World of Color Childs, and lover watch Walt introduce what was going on in DL and what they were building for the 1964/65 Worlds Fair in New York.

AKK

My personal fave has and will always be splash mountain. I just love the overall theming of the ride from the wait to actually the actual on ride experience. I feel the way it builds up with the drops gradually getting steeper adds to the excitement, and the drop in the dark is one I always love! With it's catchy songs and vibrant colors and good story it's number 1 for me.

Honorable mentions: POTC,HM,Pooh

Scuttle

I'm so torn. Thunder is my favorite coaster at Disney. But HM is by far my favorite attraction overall. But Splash certainly comes close to original magic of Disney. I don't get the magic of space. It is a great attraction but pitch black is hardly great Imagineering.
Agree about Splash having the "magic" that disney rides created in the 60's have. But sadly since then the only one we've had at WDW that has that kind of impact is ToT.

Angelinavs2001

Original Poster
1. Space mountain for overall emotional connection. While its a bit dated, its beyond nostalgic status for me. Star tunnel music, and just the smell of the building remind me of my childhood of riding over and over again. Done the refurbed disneyland, and yeah its smoother - but just not the same. Would have been nice if they updated the lift hills during the 09 refurb though - they should have gone with the same system at RnRC - themed after an actual launch. I know there is no way the current track could handle those stress loads and deflections so of course that would have necessitated an entire new track. . . . .

2. Splash mountain for overall execution and theming, a home run from the imagineers in my opinion.

3. Alien Encounter. Please bring this back!
I agree with this so much! At home I love listening to the star tunnel music instead of the radio or anything. I like the original and I'm sure the refurbished one isn't that great.

plaz10

Out of all the rides in Magic Kingdom, what is your favorite ride and why? I really like Space Mountain the best. I like most rides that are in the dark because you never know what is coming! :) I also like all the ups/downs/fast turns of the ride. What is your favorite ride?

Splash Mountain!!!! Thrills and details and always a blast!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Agree about Splash having the "magic" that disney rides created in the 60's have. But sadly since then the only one we've had at WDW that has that kind of impact is ToT.

Blah, you're right. Now I have to add in ToT into my magical I can't decide between attractions. I really love that building. So much fun before the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom