Favorite removed DCA stuff

TwilightZone

01.jpg

He also had sunglasses at one point.

06032803.jpg
giphy.webp

TwilightZone

That’s not a bridge.

Disneysea05 is referring to the Pan Pacific Auditorium, the (extinct) building the current turnstiles are modeled after.

View attachment 293488
Well doesn't the monorail go over it? In that case it is a bridge. Anyways the original building is much better looking than the bridge at dca. The design just works better as a building, I suppose.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Well doesn't the monorail go over it? In that case it is a bridge. Anyways the original building is much better looking than the bridge at dca. The design just works better as a building, I suppose.

It does not.

People enter and exit the park underneath it. It is the park's entry turnstiles located roughly where the CALIFORNIA letters once stood. No bridge.

fctiger

Me:

Soarin Over California
TOT
Aladdin (You couldn't pay me to watch that Frozen show. Never seen it, no interest to)

I will honestly say though this is about as much as I miss of the old park. I might miss Screaming but won't know until after I ride the new coaster. And none of these are deal breakers but I do think Soarin and TOT added something to the theme that is now missing.

TwilightZone

It does not.

People enter and exit the park underneath it. It is the park's entry turnstiles located roughly where the CALIFORNIA letters once stood. No bridge.
You're thinking of the old red, Golden Gate Bridge replica behind the entrance.
Oh, rip then. Well, the green whatever is still kinda ugly to me.
Also I think I figured out why I like the inspiration more, it's the coloring. It's not as bright as disney's.

BasiltheBatLord

I know this thread is meant to be sarcastic, but I legit liked Paradise Pier 2.0 (apparently that's an unpopular opinion).

I particularly loved the billboards on the side of the pier as you came down the ramp:

billboards_paradisepier2013ww.jpg

billboards_cocacola2013ww.jpg

(Something weird I just now noticed looking at this: In the first billboard, the couple in the foreground were changed from white to black at some point...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom