Favorite Non-Disney park

Brett

I'd have to go with Islands of Adventure. The Spiderman ride alone is enough for me. Add in the Hulk and Jurassic Park, I'm hooked!

Smee

Cedar Point is hard to beat for sheer fun, it is a true amusement park. And the combination of big time coasters, onsite hotels, waterpark, beach, good food, etc make it an exceptional property. As previously stated, the lines move at Cedar Point, they are masters at ride operations. All things considered it gets my vote.

Choice #1-A would be BG-Williamsburg. As previously stated the place is just beautiful and very well themed. Lots of detail and very clean.

We love IOA, I think this is a very well done park. It has it's critics and suffers from comparisons to WDW but the rides are top notch and Spiderman is in a class all it's own.

Magic Mountain takes it for coaster variety. They have it all when it comes to thrills but not much more. It's a thrill seeker park, great for teenagers. And they don't call it Magic Mountain for nothing, there is some uphill walking involved. "X" is a fantastic coaster, as is Goliath as well.

My top others are Hershey Park, Six Flags Fiesta (San Antonio), and my home park Kennywood (my sentimental favorite). Six Flags Great America is up there as well.

Best park for old-fashioned fun, Knoebells. Some of the best food anywhere. No admission charge and a great old merry-go-round that still has brass rings.

Best park you may have never heard of, Idlewild Park (40 miles east of Pittsburgh). A hidden gem of a park, great for families with little kids and those who love to picnic. Not for thrill seekers. Bring your own picnic, rides, swimming, Storybook Forest, situated in the Laurel Mountains.

If we are including waterparks, Schlitterbahn is amazing.

Six Flags WOA, now Geagua Lake, gets my vote for the park with the most unrealized potential. I hope Cedar Fair has a vision for the place. It has some world class rides and a former Sea World facility just waiting for a new mission.

SIR90210

Busch Gardens Williamsburg, no contest. An amazing location, beautiful scenery, and the best roller coaster on the planet-Alpengeist.

surfsupdon

SIR90210 said:
Busch Gardens Williamsburg, no contest. An amazing location, beautiful scenery, and the best roller coaster on the planet-Alpengeist.

And Loch Ness and Big Bad Wolf are tremendous rides that utilize the scenery perfectly, and are really fun over and over again.

The only downside to BG-Va., and it is a big one, was the closing of Drachen Fire b/c of too many complaints and low attendance. Couldn't they have toned it down like Snow White, lol.

matrtj

The best park I've been to in the States has got to be Islands of Adventure. Just the right mix of thril rides, atmosphere and lunacy. And the strawberry funnel cake adds a couple of plusses as well

For the UK - Alton Towers. Air is superb, Nemesis nasty and the whole park on a sunny day (rare!) just beautiful. Blackpool is good too, but only if you don't mind slumming it!

M

TheOneVader

You mean some of you peopel LEAVE DISNEY WORLD to go to a NON-DISNEY theme park!? You make me sick!

:lol:

My vote is IoA or US.

tigger248

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom! woo hoo. :lookaroun

Ok so I had to mention my park...

Seriously though, I'd say my favorite is Universal Orlando Resort, especially IOA.

(The Six Flags was a joke, it's not really my fav. In fact, I work there so it's possibly one of my least favorites because I spend so much time there.)

TheOneVader

Even if you didn't work there, no Six Flags can compare to Universal. It's almost Disney quality (Key word: almsot). Six Flags is the rip-off of the rip-off. The rip-off being Universal, obviously. And then there's Lake Winnie (A small park near here) which is a rip-off of the rip-off of the rip-off of the rip-off. (Rip-off of Dollywood, which is a rip-off of Six Flags, which is a rip-off of Universal, which is a rip-off of Disney World.)

Wow, that was pointless... :p

Sledge

Account Suspended
IMO Six Flags is gross. They have some cool rides but the atmosphere at most of them is horrible. It doesn't seem very clean either. Maybe I have too high expectations from growing up with WDW and nothing else.

surfsupdon

TheOneVader said:
(Rip-off of Dollywood, which is a rip-off of Six Flags, which is a rip-off of Universal, which is a rip-off of Disney World.)

Wow, that was pointless... :p

I always watch the Travel Channel special on Dollywood and I think it looks fun. Clean and well maintained with a few good rides and nice hospitality. I'd like to go there for a day or two, looks good.

tigger248

My six flags statement was just a joke!!!! :lol:

I really don't think they're anywhere near disney quality. I could walk through my park and point out many things that I (as well as any other disney fan) would consider bad show.

USO is my favorite non-disney park! And no, I would never dream of comparing them to Six Flags. Once again, USO is very well-themed and Six Flags isn't.

dolbyman

the best I know are

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Knott's Berry Farm

had a lot of fun in those ..on my L.A. trip (2000) :sohappy:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
surfsupdon said:
I always watch the Travel Channel special on Dollywood and I think it looks fun. Clean and well maintained with a few good rides and nice hospitality. I'd like to go there for a day or two, looks good.

Went there in Summer 2003....a really nice park. It was very clean, had some fun attractions (Smokey Mountain Wilderness Adventure was great) and the employees were some of the nicest people you could meet at a theme park. I would definitely make a return visit in the future.

dxwwf3

NemoRocks78 said:
Went there in Summer 2003....a really nice park. It was very clean, had some fun attractions (Smokey Mountain Wilderness Adventure was great) and the employees were some of the nicest people you could meet at a theme park. I would definitely make a return visit in the future.

I live about a little over an hour away from Dollywood. And I've been there twice :lol: It really is a nice park and the rides are really improving. And it is typically cleaner than your typical amusement park (I don't know if I'd call it a theme park or not). And of course the employees are super nice, they are from East Tennessee :lol: That's how most of us are.

My vote would HAVE TO BE Islands of Adventure in a landslide.

wdwswan&dolphin

My favorite non-Disney park would have to be Cypress Gardens. You see, I am not much of a ride-loving person; I prefer entertainment, recreation, exhibits, and just plain strolling. It's the whole experience that counts to me. I hate theme parks that carry rides that can be found at any mere carnival--that means no Hersheypark, Cedar Point, Knott's Berry Farm, Worlds of Fun, Carowinds, Kings Dominion, or Six Flags. No sireeeeee. :animwink:

TiggersPooh

I love Cedar Point but there was always a place for the former SFWOA...that park was always fun

Now that it is Geauga Lake (again) and owned by Cedar Fair its "gonna be fun" throughout this season it was getting better. I worked there all summer and the announcement for parks plans for next year come out wednesday!

woo

Geauga Lake!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom