Favorite Non-Disney park

NowInc

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ, only because its close to me and it allows me to get my coaster-fix.

I miss Six flags Great Adventure....i remember loving that "im going to die" feeling (all the accidents they had when i was a kid...oy)

Do you also remember Adventure land? closed :(

I also sorta miss Rye Playland..even tho now its a TOTAL rip off...but the Dragon coaster was my first rollercoaster..sooo...

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by NowInc

I miss Six flags Great Adventure....i remember loving that "im going to die" feeling (all the accidents they had when i was a kid...oy)

Do you also remember Adventure land? closed :(

I also sorta miss Rye Playland..even tho now its a TOTAL rip off...but the Dragon coaster was my first rollercoaster..sooo...

Yeah, I've heard about the accidents... what exactly happened?

Don't remember adventure land... where was it? I know there is something near Greenwood Lake that is like that, is that what your talking about, near an airport?

NowInc

Yeah, I've heard about the accidents... what exactly happened?

Don't remember adventure land... where was it? I know there is something near Greenwood Lake that is like that, is that what your talking about, near an airport?

The great adventure accidents ranged from coaster incidencts to various smaller "problems" with the rides...I really have to think to remember the specifics..but I'll ask my parents about it since they ALWAYS reminded me of it whenever I told themI was going...

Yeah..thats the place...it had go-karts that had a history of flipping over...water slides that would break arms....things like that...totally low budget....

WDW-Imagineer

The great adventure accidents ranged from coaster incidencts to various smaller "problems" with the rides...I really have to think to remember the specifics..but I'll ask my parents about it since they ALWAYS reminded me of it whenever I told themI was going...

Yeah..thats the place...it had go-karts that had a history of flipping over...water slides that would break arms....things like that...totally low budget....

Cool... my dad is a recreational pilot so sometimes on weekends we would drive up to the airport (Orange County Airport?) and I would see that place.

NowInc

Cool... my dad is a recreational pilot so sometimes on weekends we would drive up to the airport (Orange County Airport?) and I would see that place.

I went there a lot with camp (Deer mountain day camp) and i always remember they wouldnt allow us to do half the crap there cuz of the "risk"....

Beauty and the

I think anyone who has been to Discovery Cove will tell you that it is the best ark in Orlando and thats including Disney. The place is truely wonderful and there is nothing to compare it to.

tmp

We go to Great Adventure atleast two times a summer, because it is in driving distance. Great Coaster park, but it is a little dirty. There is a Harry Houdini ride that kicks butt!!! Also, I think there was a fire in one of the attractions back in the eighties. My dad would never let our family go because he always said it was unsafe.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by tmp
We go to Great Adventure atleast two times a summer, because it is in driving distance. Great Coaster park, but it is a little dirty. There is a Harry Houdini ride that kicks butt!!! Also, I think there was a fire in one of the attractions back in the eighties. My dad would never let our family go because he always said it was unsafe.

Its New Jersey, what do you expect! ;) Yeah, the Houdini ride is awesome.

NowInc

Well, then I think were talking about different places.... didn't action park go bankrupt?

Yep..they did....its been a while since ive been up there so im not positive on its geographical location..heh....

WDW-Imagineer

Yep..they did....its been a while since ive been up there so im not positive on its geographical location..heh....

Actually, I was thinking... Action Park was reopened by the owners of "Mountain Creek", which you probably know as Mount. Vernon.

NowInc

Oh no...its back!!!

Lets hope they took safety issues into consideration when re-opening ...and uh...maybe a water heater...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Islands of Adventure is a great park. I love Alton Towers, lots of space, needs a few more BIG rides though. Used to enjoy a park in Holland called Effteling, and Phantasialand in Germany. As for Disney Land Paris, ive not been and i cant make my mind up as ive had so many bad stories from friends.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Originally posted by happy snapper
Islands of Adventure is a great park. I love Alton Towers, lots of space, needs a few more BIG rides though.

Alton Towers has trouble building "big" rides because they cannot build anything higher than the height of their treeline, due to the very strick zoning laws. I think they should just plant a few redwoods :lol: . They are getting a new flying coaster for 2002 though.

DigitalDisney

Islands of Adventure is the most amazing park I've ever visited (yes, this includes Disney parks). I can't wait until Disney tries to build a park or 'land' that is designed to compete with this (i.e. when/if they build TDS in WDW)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom