Favorite Non-Disney park

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
What is your favorite non-Disney park?

For me, it would have to be Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio. Cedar Point is the absolute best park outside of Disney parks in my opinion. It even beats out Universal and IOA. Not only is it a thrillseekers paradise with 15 coasters (tied with Six Flags Magic Mountain for the most coasters anywhere), it really is a park for the whole family. If you're turned off by regular amusement parks because they are "trashy", one visit to Cedar Point will change your mind. Cedar Point puts any Six Flags park to shame.

Well, I'm done talking for now, what about you guys?

CUMBY

ioa no doubt about it

Best english park is Alton towers

Best european park is disneyland with port aventura running very closely second.

Belle13

Busch Garden's Williamsburg!!! It is a fantastic theme park, not just an amusement park. Absolutely gorgeous! Perhaps that is why they win Most Beautiful Theme Park in the USA year after year. Kind of hard to imagine that anything could beat the MK, but in all honesty, it does!

Brett

I enjoy Islands of Adventure actually. Just a different change of pace.

Doesn't compare to Disney, but enjoyable.

Camelot

My vote would be for Islands of Adventure...

I only went once, two years ago, but had so much fun, and fortunately the weather in December was so warm that my friends and I didn't mind riding the water rides over and over.

Coronado

Busch Gardens, Tampa....Some killer coasters. Montu, Kumba, and the all wood Gwazi....The food is great and not as expensive as WDW....The Colony House is best..... Sit on the enclosed veranda and watch the wildlife walk by....a place for everyone and not as crowded as the other parks.....But they do not have parades, or themed characters.....unless you want to count Hilda Hippo, Geophry, and the guy dressed like a gator.....I've never seen them in a cartoon. The animals and birds are really nice too.

ToTBellHop

Six Flags Worlds of Adventure in Aurora (Cleveland...), Ohio. We live in new york and wanted to stop there for the day on the way to Indiana, where much of my mom's side of the family (the GOOD side) live. Little did we know what this park is. It's actually two parks in one. The "Wild Rides" side has ten coasters including a few of my favorites anywhere: the B&M Floorless Coaster, Batman Knight Flight (very kewl name), the flying coaster X-Flight, and the U-Shaped, Inverted LIM coaster w/ 200 foot towers, one of which spirals at the top and the other of which has LIM brakes at the top (imagine stopping, looking straight down, 200 feet up...) with a LIM launch from 0 to 70 mph, Superman Ultimate Flight. Then there is the Wildlife side, which is actually the old Sea World Ohio, which has a VERY kewl dolphin show...I love Worlds of Adventure...also has some very kewl wooden coasters, including my favorite anywhere, The Villain.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Originally posted by DogsRule!
Six Flags Worlds of Adventure in Aurora (Cleveland...), Ohio. We live in new york and wanted to stop there for the day on the way to Indiana, where much of my mom's side of the family (the GOOD side) live. Little did we know what this park is. It's actually two parks in one. The "Wild Rides" side has ten coasters including a few of my favorites anywhere: the B&M Floorless Coaster, Batman Knight Flight (very kewl name), the flying coaster X-Flight, and the U-Shaped, Inverted LIM coaster w/ 200 foot towers, one of which spirals at the top and the other of which has LIM brakes at the top (imagine stopping, looking straight down, 200 feet up...) with a LIM launch from 0 to 70 mph, Superman Ultimate Flight. Then there is the Wildlife side, which is actually the old Sea World Ohio, which has a VERY kewl dolphin show...I love Worlds of Adventure...also has some very kewl wooden coasters, including my favorite anywhere, The Villain.

I can't believe you chose SFWoA over Cedar Point, especially when they are both on the way...

ToTBellHop

Cedar Point has neither a floorless coaster nor a flying coaster, I have a hypercoaster 40 minutes away, and World of Adventure has Sea World attached. Also, I had never been on a floorless coaster nor a flying coaster. It made the most sense to me and we loved it there and plan to return. Coasters are not everything for me--they are everything for Cedar Point.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Originally posted by DogsRule!
Cedar Point has neither a floorless coaster nor a flying coaster, I have a hypercoaster 40 minutes away, and World of Adventure has Sea World attached. Also, I had never been on a floorless coaster nor a flying coaster. It made the most sense to me and we loved it there and plan to return. Coasters are not everything for me--they are everything for Cedar Point.

No they arent. Cedar Point may focus a lot on their coasters, but the park itself is of MUCH higher quality than any Six Flags park. I know from experience. Cedar Point is clean, well kept, efficient, has a friendly atmosphere, is well kept up, and is a beautiful park. Six Flags parks are dirty, horribly run, slow, have rude employees, are exteremly overpriced, and overall ugly low quality parks.

Like somebody else put on Coaster Forum, Six Flags is like the Mr. Burns company, where Cedar Fair, the owners of Cedar Point, is like the Arther Fortune company. (You have to watch the Simpsons to know what that means)

ToTBellHop

you are certainly biased, but six flags must do something right to have 20+ parks...but this is not a six flags forum anyway. I'll leave Cedar Point to you and I'll go to Worlds of Adventure. By the way, look at the banner at the top of Cedar Point's website. That'll tell you whether or not this is a coaster park...
Kyle

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
I'm not saying that its NOT a coaster park, but they don't just sit back and rely on their coasters to make their park good. Look, anyone who has actually been to both Cedar Point AND Six Flags parks can tell you that Cedar Point is overall a better park. Six Flags may have 20 parks because they are a larger company, but so many of them are badly neglected. Ever seen Six Flags Elich Gardens? You don't want to. Its quite possibly the worst park in the world.

TURKEY

1. Busch Gardens - Williamsburg. Very nice park with good coasters, other rides. Clean and decent theming.

2. Busch Gardens - Tampa Bay. Good coasters, not too dirty, decent theming. I HATE THEIR LOCKERS. Every time you open it, you have to pay again. IS DISNEY LIKE THIS? I don't ever get a locker at Disney.

3. IOA. Good park with very good rides. Very good coasters (Hulk, Dragons), good water rides. Innovative ride in Spiderman. Shows aren't the best. Theming isn't the best, cast isn't the best.

I love Sea World's two rides. Kraken and Atlantis. Kraken is an excellent coaster. Atlantis is something very cool. Kind of a water ride coaster. If you haven't been go. I wish Disney would have something like that.

tmp

Originally posted by Belle13
Busch Garden's Williamsburg!!! It is a fantastic theme park, not just an amusement park. Absolutely gorgeous! Perhaps that is why they win Most Beautiful Theme Park in the USA year after year. Kind of hard to imagine that anything could beat the MK, but in all honesty, it does!
Ditto!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom