Favorite Hotel

cblodg

I'm sure this has been flogged to death, but want to know what other think.

My favorite is Old Key West. I love being able to go back to a resort where you can still be completely immersed in Disney magic and totally relaxed. Not that you can't have that at other resorts, I just feel more relaxed at this particular one.

Tinkerbella16

My favorite is Port Orleans Riverside. Stayed there last year for the first time and it def is my fave so far. Everything about it was great. We had a far room, but a bus stop right near our building so it was still nice. This year we will be staying at French Quarter for the first time...and so far I am very excited for this trip... The resort looks gorgeous, it is smaller, and also has a boat to DTD. I cannot wait!! :D

Upvote 0

realtaffy

I love the Polynesian resort. I love the lobby with all the tropical foliage, it sets the mood for a perfect vacation. I, also, love the fact that you can jump on the monorail any time you like to go to the Magic Kingdom or Epcot.

Upvote 0
Not an easy answer...

Here are the scenarios and choices...

Bringing first time guests with us or large doses of the parks:
Boardwalk Villas; you can't beat the location and over-dose of Disney magic that this resort has. A lot of friends that come with us, that have never been, are completely sucked in.

Relaxation, medium doses of the parks:
Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa; the spa is the best we've ever been to, being near Downtown is fantastic and the resort has a great overall feel.

Complete relaxation, small doses of the parks:
Old Key West; very, very relaxing out of the way. Far and away the best porch/patio of any resort room. The porch is huge and can be enjoyed durning any kind of weather. We really enjoy sitting on the porch during a thunderstorm. A 1 bedroom unit is enormous.

Christmas time or Fall time visit:
Wildermess Lodge Villas. Can't beat it at Christmas or the fall.

Food & Wine Festival:
Back to the Boardwalk. Forget the fact that it is next to the International Gateway, there are usually events at either the Boardwalk or Yacht & Beach.

Golf Trip:
Saratoga Springs. We love being on LBV golf course, one of our favorites.

Last minute trip:
What ever is available, there is no place like home! (DVC member lingo!)

I'm sure we missed a few other occasions and resorts, but no matter where it is it is always a great time.

Upvote 0

Whimsy

What do you guys think about the AKL? I'm staying there in Aug and would like to hear a few things about if form people who have stayed there:)

Animal Kingdom Lodge is absolutely amazing! I've stayed there so many times. If you go, make sure to get a Savannah View room - there is nothing like seeing real live safari animals right outside your hotel room! Even if you don't get savannah - just go right outside your room into the windowed hallways. The lobby is also breath-taking. I love walking through it - it's so large and grand, and the smell of the restaurants are to die for. Also, the meticulous theming and decor (since it being a newer WDW resort) is something to truly appreciate. One thing worthy of noting is the fact that they have construction going on with the new DVC section. We stayed there once with the construction - but we didn't notice it one bit. That was a while ago so I wouldn't know what the construction status is now. Anyways, overall - AMAZING place.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

I love the Coronado Springs, and the Polynesian, but I have always wanted to stay at the Boardwalk and the Animal Kingdom Lodge they are defintley on the list for my next trip.

Upvote 0

DivineMadness7

I have a tough time deciding between Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge...so I guess I would say...
Beach Club for Spring/Summer
Wilderness Lodge for Fall/Winter

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge over Christmas and it was AMAZING.
We stayed at the Beach Club in August and loved it. Walking to Epcot? That's tough to top.

We'll be staying at POR next month for the first time in quite a while. 2 of our 3 previous stays there were during the "Dixie Landings" era. I'm looking forward to seeing it again, it is our favorite moderate.

I also have a special place in my heart for the Contemporary, since it was where I stayed during my first ever Disney trip (4 years old.) My grandfather loved it and refused to stay anywhere else!

Out of the places I've never stayed, the one I am most interested in is probably the Polynesian.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom