Favorite Hidden Mickey's?

vanryan

My kids don't know about hidden Mickey's. Our first two trips we were so excited about just being there and seeing the kids faces we have never spent any time looking. If all of you experts would help us make a list of some to look for? This would be a cool way to count down, we could work on our list. I know this may seem like cheating, but our kids are little and I think the idea of a hidden mickey treasure hunt will work nicely. 76 more days to go!!:animwink:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I LOVE the Splash Mountain Hidden Mickey. The actual front of the attraction if you are looking at it head on IS a whole Mickey including body and face. He is looking sideways. Look at the place in the picture where the ride vehicle comes out for the fall. That's his feet. Mickey is the shadow coming out of the mouth of the falls. See if you can see it here:

Attachments

• wdwsplashmtn.gif
    wdwsplashmtn.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 242
Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
^^ WoW!! Amazing! I never noticed that! Is this an "official" one or was it something just you noticed?
I saw it on the Hidden Mickey website where people submit what they believe to be a hidden Mickey and then people investigate it and give their thoughts and feedback. I'm not sure if it's official, but I'd guess it would have to be for it to be so darned cool! :D

Upvote 0

raven

The other ones that I know of in splash mountain are the bobbers on the log where the aligator is fishing, the knot in the rope in the lowest part of the ride, and the Mickey cloud behing the riverboat. :D

I'll scan and post my pics of these and other popular ones soon.

Upvote 0

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by One Lil Spark
I saw it on the Hidden Mickey website where people submit what they believe to be a hidden Mickey and then people investigate it and give their thoughts and feedback. I'm not sure if it's official, but I'd guess it would have to be for it to be so darned cool! :D

Just to be sure I'll check the official WDW site! :animwink:

BTW, I like the hidden Mickeys at the AK Lodge! Very cool!

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by ddbutts1
Go to www.hiddenmickeys.org. You'll find days worth of them there.
This is the site I was referring to earlier in this thread. Thanks for the link though!!

I suggest not going and looking there until you get desperate for Hidden Mickeys. I think it's more fun to see what other forum members have to say before you go and look at everything. :D It lets our true love of Disney shine through when we can help you.

Upvote 0

no2apprentice

On Test Track, there are two Hidden Mickey's that I know of, two on the Haunted Mansion, one Hidden Donald on Haunted Mansion, on the design in the que at the now closed AE, and I've read that there is a Hidden Goofy on the ceiling of Mission: Space. I'm sure there are more throughout the parks other than the ones previously mentioned in the other posts, but these are the only ones I can remember at the moment.

I don't know if this is at all resorts, but I know that at AKL and WL you can ask for a Hidden Mickey clue list at the front desk. On the list are clues to the Hidden Mickey's that are at the resort. Some of them can be quite hard to locate. If you answer where all the Mickey's are located, you return the completed list and get a certificate! Woo-hoo!

I was on the hiddenmickeys.org site last year, and I thought some of the "findings" were a bit...uh, how should I say...exagerated?

Upvote 0

imagineer99

I am pretty sure all of you already know this, but the layout of MGM Studios itself is a giant hidden mickey. An aerial shot of the park, will show you this.

Upvote 0

Irrawaddy Erik

There is a book that is about $10 it's pretty good. It gives about 400 Hidden Mickeys there are still TONS out there. The book is an unofficial hand-book for finding them and they are presented in two ways: General hints on where to locate them and then a direct clue to where they are.

This is my favorite Hidden Mickey from Snow Whites Scary Adventures. It's on one of the bottles behind the Witch as she dips the poison apple into the cauldron.

Picture of the Hidden Mickey

The Field Guide to Hidden Mickeys

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

There is a book (we got it off of Amazon but the shop at Wilderness Lodge had it too) that lists hundreds from the theme parks to shops to hotels. The book gives somewhat vague references for those into "discovering" them on their own and then a section with more precise directions on where to look.

Here's a few that we managed to find with help from the book.
Check out the leaves on vines in the Africa room on IASW in MK.
Look for a hidden Mickey in the landscape for the miniature train set at Germany in Epcot.

edit: hmpan beat me too it, same book...

Upvote 0

jrriddle

Originally posted by imagineer99
I am pretty sure all of you already know this, but the layout of MGM Studios itself is a giant hidden mickey. An aerial shot of the park, will show you this.

That one was all ways my favorite, I can't believe they covered it up with the hat...I hate the hat...

Upvote 0

trendymagic

I really don't like that Field Guide Mickey book. Nice info but very unorganized and hard to find any one area you may be in the park.

I have found more Hidden Mickey's by asking cast members for hints to ones in the area or on a ride. Each cast member usually has different ones they know about or have found.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I don't know where you are staying, but the Wilderness Lodge has a Hidden Mickey hunt. There is a book...Birnbaum's WDW for Kids By Kids. It is geared toward kids, gives their slant on rides & has quizzes & puzzles. It also has Hidden Mickey alerts so the kids can look for them. My little one loved this book & made a list of the ones she knew she would have a chance of finding.

Upvote 0

raven

Originally posted by hmppan
This is my favorite Hidden Mickey from Snow Whites Scary Adventures. It's on one of the bottles behind the Witch as she dips the poison apple into the cauldron.

Picture of the Hidden Mickey

Wow. That is hard to see even when that close up! Did your car stop at this scene or where you able to visit the interior of the ride when it was stopped? That's just an amazing shot.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom