Favorite Hidden Mickey's?

vanryan

My kids don't know about hidden Mickey's. Our first two trips we were so excited about just being there and seeing the kids faces we have never spent any time looking. If all of you experts would help us make a list of some to look for? This would be a cool way to count down, we could work on our list. I know this may seem like cheating, but our kids are little and I think the idea of a hidden mickey treasure hunt will work nicely. 76 more days to go!!:animwink:

marksniles

Originally posted by jrriddle
That one was all ways my favorite, I can't believe they covered it up with the hat...I hate the hat...

I love that one too! I find it amazing that they could do that. It was even cooler when Beauty & the Beast had the amplitheatre and that formed Mickey's left ear. So cool! I agree about the hat. Does anyone have a overhead shot of MGM know with the hat? Perhaps they were trying to make Mickey look like Pinochio (sp?)

Later,
mark

Upvote 0

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by raven
Wow. That is hard to see even when that close up! Did your car stop at this scene or where you able to visit the interior of the ride when it was stopped? That's just an amazing shot.
LOL na I'm a CM in Fantasyland. So that is how I got it.

(points to signature)

Upvote 0

aim

Originally posted by hmppan
AAAAHhhh the classic Wonders of Life HM.......It's funny how obvious it is once you know it's there.

:lol: Yeah, and no matter how many times I see it, it still takes me a few minutes to find it again! hahah. Then people sit and stare at you while you're looking for it.

Upvote 0

Grim Grinner

My three favorite Hidden Mickeys

I love looking for hidden mickeys. My three favorites are:

1. The one inside of the the cue in Buzz Lightyear- that continent looks awfully familiar.
2. The poster of the asteroids outside of TimeKeeper... Hmmm interesting, eh?
3. That map inside of the resturaunt that serves fish & chips by the Haunted Mansion's pretty cool. When I took pictures of it, people looked at me like I was crazy- then they realized and started laughing.

Bonus mickey- The Maelstrom mickey hat... That's pretty funny.

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Here's another to add to your collection thus far:

You'll have to look at the mural in the queue of Maelstrom with all the different scenes of Norway painted on it. One of the vikings on the boat is wearing a pair of Mickey ears! :D

Upvote 0

trendymagic

Re: My three favorite Hidden Mickeys

Originally posted by Grim Grinner
3. That map inside of the resturaunt that serves fish & chips by the Haunted Mansion's pretty cool.

Columbia Harbor House is the eatery. I noticed it on one of my recent trip just by accident. I actually took a pic of it because I wasn't sure at first.

Upvote 0

aim

I also like the one in the mural of the Maelstrom. There's a mouse on the watch of one of the people on the mural! I could never get a picture of it, but give me until March and I will!

Upvote 0

vanryan

Original Poster
Well, I've edited the posts to make this list, in case anyone wants a take with you copy:

1. Splash Mountain Hidden Mickey
2. Mural of the Maelstrom
3. Splash mountain: the bobbers on the log where the aligator is fishing,
4. Splash Mountain: the knot in the rope in the lowest part of the ride
5. Splash Mountain: Mickey cloud behing the riverboat
6. at the AK Lodge
7. Test Track, there are two Hidden Mickey's
8. two on the Haunted Mansion,
9. one Hidden Donald on Haunted Mansion,
10. Hidden Goofy on the ceiling of Mission: Space.
11. layout of MGM Studios itself is a giant hidden mickey
12. Snow Whites Scary Adventures. It's on one of the bottles behind the Witch as she dips the poison apple into the cauldron.
13. leaves on vines in the Africa room on IASW in MK.
14. Look for a hidden Mickey in the landscape for the miniature train set at Germany in Epcot.
15. Pop Century, and it's REAL small
16. Mission Space gift shop: hidden Mickey, Donald and Goofy in the ceiling
17. Wonders of Life
18. Buzz Lightyear- continent inside the cue.
19. TimeKeeper: Poster outside
20. Haunted Mansion: that map inside of the Columbia Harbor House
21. Maelstrom: mural of vikings

I am staying at the Beach Club. Anyone know if they have a list like at Wilderness Lodge? Thanks for all the tips, keep them coming!!!

Upvote 0

raven

Originally posted by vanryan
Well, I've edited the posts to make this list, in case anyone wants a take with you copy:

1. Splash Mountain Hidden Mickey
2. Mural of the Maelstrom...

There are HUNDREDS of Hidden Mickeys besides what is listed here. So many of them that they are hard to keep track of.

Upvote 0

Grim Grinner

Since we're posting more...

Here are a couple more hidden mickeys...

1. The cable on the floor in Rock 'N Rollercoaster on the right hand side of the recording room.
2. The cable on the floor right where they take your picture on Test Track.
3. The mural in the Land, right where the boats load, actually a little bit in front of loading section about equal to where the control panel is.

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Re: Since we're posting more...

Originally posted by Grim Grinner
3. The mural in the Land, right where the boats load, actually a little bit in front of loading section about equal to where the control panel is.
Isn't this one made out of bubbles or clouds? I know that it's next to a quote about saving the planet. :D

Upvote 0
I have a couple on my gallery that aren't mentioned here.. Including a hidden Mickey on Nemo!!
Hidden Mickey in Mission: Space.. there is also a hidden Donald there.
And my favorite... Mickey in the clouds!!

I have more at my personal site.. but I have seen many more including one from Rafiki's Planet watch in the painting of a bunch of animals.. I believe it was an eye of an emu maybe? Correct me if I'm wrong!!
oh and I dunno if this would count but there was a garbage can/broom prop next to the Muppetvision dump.. There was a Mickey washer on it. Got many more... but I'll let others get them. Well, one more... In the Photo for Test Track there is a set of ropes... Mickey shaped of course!
here is my gallery: http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=6512

and my site:
http://www.hideaway.tk

Upvote 0

tigger1968

The Hidden Mickeys in the train set at the German Pavillion seem to come and go. Two years ago I found four in it, but last year there were none. Two were marked into the sand, and two were trees shaped like Mickey's head. Apparently these are the work of the landscapers...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom