Favorite Great Move Ride Scene poll

What was your favorite scene in The Great Movie Ride?

• Footlight Parade/Singin' in the Rain

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Gangster Scene

Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Western Scene

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Alien

Votes: 26 16.0%
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • Tarzan

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Casablanca

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • Mary Poppins

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Fantasia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Wizard of Oz

Votes: 62 38.0%

• Total voters

Pepper's Ghost

Imma be real, didn't see that. That's what I THOUGHT would have been the favorite.

Probably missed it because it was at the bottom. Either way I'm still shocked that Alien had such strong votes. They could have done so much more with Alien.

Gotcha. Happens to us all! I agree about Alien too. I liked that part, but they could've done much more with it.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
The Dorothy figure at the end of the Oz sequence was the worst Judy Garland I've ever seen. Even worse than Renee Zellweger.

My favorite was the gangster sequence. For noir aficionados, a dream come true.
I also found it odd how Dorothy and the Cowardly Lion were the only ones who spoke. Scarecrow and Tin Man did not speak at all.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Oh, totally. I think a more memorable end scene would been the scene before Dorothy's return back home. "Scarecrow, I think I'll miss you most of all."
That would have been amazing! The original finale scene was supposed to be us meeting the Wizard himself then seeing a bunch of AA's from all of the scenes throughout the ride taking a bow.

ppet

I have always been a John Wayne fan, Still love a lot of his movies. Plus I think I always got excited when we would get the western leg of the trip, maybe because it didn't happen as often. On my rides I probably did 75 to 80% thru the gangsta side. I liked that side too.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I have always been a John Wayne fan, Still love a lot of his movies. Plus I think I always got excited when we would get the western leg of the trip, maybe because it didn't happen as often. On my rides I probably did 75 to 80% thru the gangsta side. I liked that side too.
I agree the western scene is great!

Pepper's Ghost

The Dorothy figure at the end of the Oz sequence was the worst Judy Garland I've ever seen. Even worse than Renee Zellweger.

You have got me there. That Dorothy left quite a bit to be desired. I felt that every time I saw her.

The rest of the scene was what made it for me though. The witch ROCKED! If I could and had the know-how to repair as needed, I'd have bought the witch to have at home. Honestly. Don't think I'd have the finances though, nor the ability to repair if it stopped working.

Ahhh, memories...........

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
You have got me there. That Dorothy left quite a bit to be desired. I felt that every time I saw her.

The rest of the scene was what made it for me though. The witch ROCKED! If I could and had the know-how to repair as needed, I'd have bought the witch to have at home. Honestly. Don't think I'd have the finances though, nor the ability to repair if it stopped working.

Ahhh, memories...........

I agree the Witch AA was amazing! As a kid I thought she was a cast member dressed as the Wicked Witch. Man I miss The Great Movie Ride. I really wish someone whether it's Disney or Universal or Warner Bros would build a Wizard of Oz dark ride.

Last edited:

DisneyTalks

Alien's scenery and sound effects were great, as were the Aliens. WO Ridley -- not so much.
Could you imagine that if instead of taking away the ride, they would add more scenes and replace all the animatronics with new ones similar to the avatar animatronic in the Navi river ride? That would be so amazing and life like

TrainsOfDisney

I find it interesting that Alien was most of everyone's favorite scene, given that it hardly had anything happening or anything to look at.

My favorite scene was a small one, Mary Poppins. Simply because it gave a look at what Disney COULD have done with a classic-style Mary Poppins dark ride.

Well I think it was representing both sci-fi and suspense movies... in a suspense movie, it’s the setting and the fact that not much is happening setting up for the moment. It set the scene well and had 3 AA’s, 2 of them with a lot of movement and a really great cryo effect.

I love it how people try to explain that Disney couldn’t have cryo in Rise because it’s dangerous.... um cryo totally covered the ride vehicles in GMR.. it was fantastic.

I do agree with Mary Poppins being a particularly lovely scene.

Movielover

Yeah... was always fun when the guide would say “look out” and nothing happened. Lol.

Glad to see nothing has changed *glares at Kylo b-mode*

At least they put in a B mode that doesn't involve just looking at the motionless AA... or a carno head on a stick like Dinosaur. But I do agree that that scene more than ever needs smoke effects when the wall comes down. It's my only gripe of that ride.

Maelstrom Troll

This was a really hard poll because I honestly enjoyed all of TGMR from start to end, even the queue. In the end I had to pick Footlight Parade/ Singing in the Rain because if I saw them, it meant I had the whole ride to enjoy ahead of me! Second is the mob scene because of the Public Enemy vignettes.

Maelstrom Troll

I find it interesting that Alien was most of everyone's favorite scene, given that it hardly had anything happening or anything to look at.

My favorite scene was a small one, Mary Poppins. Simply because it gave a look at what Disney COULD have done with a classic-style Mary Poppins dark ride.

I have to disagree about the Alien segment of the ride. It was always incredibly suspenseful for me as a kid and occasionally even as an adult. Plus the little dipping bird was always fun to find!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I have to disagree about the Alien segment of the ride. It was always incredibly suspenseful for me as a kid and occasionally even as an adult. Plus the little dipping bird was always fun to find!
That's my thing. It was such a highly suspenseful scene for such a LONG time with virtually little to no "HUZZAAHH!" at the end. Again, especially when those AAs didn't work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom