Favorite Disney smells and hidden spots

v_misses_epcot

Original Poster
WDWPrnces02 said:
Im always a weepy mess the day before i go back home..... :cry:
Awe i'm lovin this thread........ :cry: :cry:

Making me want to go sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad......

It took me a minute about the boat horn..When i was a cp last year i worked at the liberty tree tavern...That boat would toot so much....so as any disney world fanatic I closed my eyes a listened very carefully.........sure enough i heard it........ :lol:

Add me to the list of the smell of rome in Spaceship Earth......It reminds me of my grandparents basement in the winter....thats a great smell....

I think its the Florida air.....you smell it when you get off the plane or out of your car.......and i love that it fallows you home......

Being 22 and all....every vaca to the mouse house i take my little stuffed dog Chips......id take him to the park too....but i love it when i get home, get a little disney homesick....id pick up my dog and he'd smell just like the hotel room.........

My fav hidaways.......hard to pick just one.....back to the cp days ..After my daily shift at LTT in the MK...I would go to Epcot before i went home, the first ride i would hit would be spaceship earth...nobody would be riding it....It was my little relaxing place..(shoes off , lounging in the car.....)....then walking tward the WS and watching Illuminations.......

I WANT TO GO BACK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Riding spaceship earth on your own scares me but is awesome. I also love catching the last monorail ride from epcot to magic kingdom where we'd get on the buses to go to vista or chatham.

Brewski

Th one smell i could not live with out is, when its been raining so you go to one of the buses. and your the only one on the bus that some how makes it smell so much better. If that makes any since

PurpleDragon

WDWPrnces02 said:
Ya know id ride the monorail only to hear......"please stand clear of the doors...." its the greatest.....
Hahahahahaha!!! I have a recording of the monorail ride from TTC to MK. I listen to it every once in a while just to hear tha and get my fix!:eek:

MickeyLuv'r

Has anyone else noticed that Disney restaurants have a unique smell to them? I have been to many restaurants, in a number of different states and countries, and yet I could tell a Disney restaurant with my eyes closed. The food court in the Land has (had) one of the strongest smells, but many others have a similar smell. The only restaurant I've ever been to - off Disney - that smells similarly is the Rainforest Cafe in VA...which made me say hmmmm...

I like the smell in the Energy ride, because it really seems authentic.

One of my favorite quiet spots last trip was outside Dinosaur in AK. My duaghter needed to nurse, and all the obvious spots in the wooded area around there were full of people, but we managed to find our own quiet spot to sit. It was a good break from the noise, and I didn't have to hide in a bathroom for once (yuck!). I wish our society was more accepting of nursing mothers. I wish I was more comfortable nursing in public.

PurpleDragon

MickeyLuv'r said:
Has anyone else noticed that Disney restaurants have a unique smell to them? I have been to many restaurants, in a number of different states and countries, and yet I could tell a Disney restaurant with my eyes closed. The food court in the Land has (had) one of the strongest smells, but many others have a similar smell. The only restaurant I've ever been to - off Disney - that smells similarly is the Rainforest Cafe in VA...which made me say hmmmm...

I like the smell in the Energy ride, because it really seems authentic.
I know what you mean, the restaurants have a unique smell to them.

I believe the smell in the Energy ride is the fog juice from the fog machines use in the AA dinosaur area, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

crazycalf

WDWPrnces02 said:
Ya know id ride the monorail only to hear......"please stand clear of the doors...." its the greatest.....
I have a magnet that says that, please hold on to the hand rails and the spanish version.

999Ghosts

My fav smell is all the smells in PhilharMagic and the smell of Main Street at opening when there is that little thin layer of water on the street.

My fav double secret hideaway spots are at the resorts. All resorts are full of them. I just love walking around the resort i am staying at for a couple of hours. You just find some cool stuff!!!! And we all love cool stuff!!!!!

GMRGuy

Ok this is my own wierd thing, but Disney Water. Not like water fountain, but like Splash Mountain, IASW, PoTC, etc. I was at a local amusement park yesterday and smelled it and i was right back at WDW.

Captain Hank

My favorite smells have to be the water rides, air conditioning, any fog effect, the monorail, and the machinery smells in the omnimover attractions. And I agree with what was said a few pages ago, the Disney Stores all have their own distinctive smell, which I love! Though, I actually had a guest once who was complaining about the smell and said it gave her a headache. Oh well, to each his own, I guess. I acutally smelled the Disney Store smell today! I was sitting in a car wearing a windbreaker, and the sun was shining through the window, heating up the windbreaker. It smelled just like my Disney Store back home! Which is odd, because we really don't sell windbreakers.

Glasgow

Lots of people have mentioned the Disney water -- I totally agree! I was in some caves in Chattanooga this past weekend and it was a bit damp in there. The first thought that came into my head was "Pirates of the Caribbean", my fav attraction

:wave:

Pippa

I love the smell of the popcorn carts in the MK, and the Food Court at POR.

My fav hidden spot is the small park in England, Epcot where the Beatles band plays. Although the Birnbaum book says it feels just like the real London, it really doesn't. But I don't care!!!!

longfamily

You know that Disney smell, the smell that you get when you walk into any building in Epcot, or any other Disney building for that matter? There are occasions when we come upon that smell and it always reminds us of our favorite place on earth:) We always comment that wherever we are at that moment reminds us of Disney, then we talk about our next trip with glee.

JoeyJoe

For me a distinctive smell is the water from the tap at the resorts. I only stayed at Magic Kingdom resorts and the water always is the same and distinctive!

v_misses_epcot

Original Poster
Little Leota said:
:) I like walking down Main Street and smelling the Confectionary. The smell on the Kali River Rapids also. I think it is Lavender.
You think that the burning smell is lavender? Hmmm....Come to think of it, it does remind me of an insense smell, but I wonder which one. I think I'll go buy lavender tommorrow to see if it reminds me of SSE: Fall of rome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom