Favorite Disney smells and hidden spots

v_misses_epcot

Original Poster
I'm sure this topic has been covered before but I'm too lazy to go find out in the post. Plus us new people haven't had the chance to cover this topic so maybe the new people can tell me thier answers.

You all can shoot me later for being redundant and whatnot.

Anyhow...my favorite smell is the scene from SpaceShip Earth when the fall of rome happens. It's the same smell from the kali river rapids fog and fire sections. I also love the smell of those turkey legs. Don't forget the funnel cakes.

As for "hidden or not so hidden spots" I love to hide and sit down in the boardwalk cafe/cafeteria. I don't know, I just love that area. I also love the backstage area to the yacht and beach club plus there's this small grassy area in back of the beach club villas that I love to sit at where noone bothers me. No benches but a nice hard rock.

As for the parks, In animal kingdom, I love the quiet path that is in the entrance to asia, it leads to the back where the smoking area is but a bit further down. In magic kingdom, I love the areas around the castle and the area where snowhite sometimes in back of the christmas store.

At epcot, I love hiding away in the japanese gardens since hardly anyone goes around to the back there and where the land is, I love the benches there. That's it for now I think.

doombuggie

YEs it has been covered many times...but I will add anyhow

Monorail..
Disney Air Conditioning
and the best one of all

Great Ceremonial house at the poly!!

Brian

v_misses_epcot said:
I'm sure this topic has been covered before but I'm too lazy to go find out in the post. Plus us new people haven't had the chance to cover this topic so maybe the new people can tell me thier answers.

You all can shoot me later for being redundant and whatnot.

Anyhow...my favorite smell is the scene from SpaceShip Earth when the fall of rome happens. It's the same smell from the kali river rapids fog and fire sections. I also love the smell of those turkey legs. Don't forget the funnel cakes.

As for "hidden or not so hidden spots" I love to hide and sit down in the boardwalk cafe/cafeteria. I don't know, I just love that area. I also love the backstage area to the yacht and beach club plus there's this small grassy area in back of the beach club villas that I love to sit at where noone bothers me. No benches but a nice hard rock.

As for the parks, In animal kingdom, I love the quiet path that is in the entrance to asia, it leads to the back where the smoking area is but a bit further down. In magic kingdom, I love the areas around the castle and the area where snowhite sometimes in back of the christmas store.

At epcot, I love hiding away in the japanese gardens since hardly anyone goes around to the back there and where the land is, I love the benches there. That's it for now I think.

symbasys

v_misses_epcot said:
...my favorite smell is the scene from SpaceShip Earth when the fall of rome happens.
I like that smell too -- always reminds me of barbecue! Mmmmm.......mesquite! :slurp:

v_misses_epcot

Original Poster
MESQUITE!! That's it!! I was wondering what to call that smell and now that I think of it, it does smell like it. XD! Love the icon.

rosebud's mom

I love the popcorn smells, the bakery smells, and the roses when they are in bloom. There is a little over-looked nook near the Liberty Tree tavern that is a nice shady spot to relax.

Chape19714

The Loading Platform of Dinosaur and the Monorail. (sorry for the double post, techinal difficulties, please remain seated, the laptop may resume motion at any time, thank you.)

Slipknot

symbasys said:
I like that smell too -- always reminds me of barbecue! Mmmmm.......mesquite! :slurp:

Interesting. I smell barbecue and I automatically think of SSE's fall of Rome. Now I'm craving ribs...

Nora

I always thought that the fall of Rome scene smelled like lapsang souchong tea. My favorite smell is definetly the air conditioning. As I was leaving Target today I smelled the same scent, and I was immediately transported to WDW.

Anyhow...my favorite smell is the scene from SpaceShip Earth when the fall of rome happens.

I totally agree with you! It's not that I really like the smell on splash mountain but sometimes I smell things that remind me of it.Today I passed by this room with all this wood in it, Somehow it took me back to WDW but i just couldn't place it. Cold air condition reminds me of the Hall of presidents my brother had heat stroke so se watched the parade from in there.

It would be so cool if they made WDW fragrances for places at wdw don't u think???

v_misses_epcot

Original Poster
I'd spray them in my home every so often to remind e of disney world. I don't remember the smell of air conditioning from there so I wouldn't know that smell. ;_; heh!

trdisneyfan

For purely nostalgic reasons (not because it smells good), the sour exhaust smell from the tram. It's the first unique smell you get at the beginning of a trip to WDW.

Sledge

Account Suspended
The monorail is a great smell but the PotC is my favorite smell.

Before JIYI closed that was definitely the best smell. I even like the skunk smell on the new JIYI. I'm from Texas and skunk is like a trade mark smell around where I live so we are all use to it and it doesn't really smell as bad after a while... kind of like how you get use to the smell of gas and it starts to smell good.

The restaurants all smell good not just from the foods, mainly the ones in the hotels because a bunch of stinky people aren't filling up the room.

I'm sure we are incredibly weird for liking smells of such weird things to people that have never been to Disney and don't understand. I have to wait 6 months 2 weeks and 2 days before I get to smell any of them again. :cry: (Am I the only 18 or older male that cries the last day or gets teary eyed before having to head home and head back to reality? Especially when the last park is MK for some reason. I think it has to do with the way the castle is lit up and it just seems the most Disney-ish. The music doesn't help any either. lol)

dreamitdoit

I love the smell of the entrance to SpaceShip Earth. That always brings me back to the first time I remember riding it...even if the smell has not always been there, it just makes me think of Disney World in the 80s.

Sledge

Account Suspended
Speaking of the last day there... I usually only notice this on the last day at the Magic Kingdom when we are leaving but when you hear the boat doesn't the noise sound like the beginning to the song "Live for Loving You" by Gloria Estefan. You know the the part Oooooooooooooooh, la la la la la la la. :lol: Yeah I am very weird but whenever I point that out to people they go "Oh my gosh, it does sound just like it." It's hard to imagine the sound but next time you are there listen and you'll see what I mean. ;)

dixiegirl

oh yeah love that smell from rome .. and yes love well not love but makes me think disney, the exaust smell from the buses in disney, any every now and then i catch a wiff around here and i'm transportd back to disney as i'm waiting for my bus to come to go to the magic kingdom!!!. i love the smell of main street.. walking by the bakery..love the smell when you wak into a disney store too wwe still have one here in rhode island, they do have a distinct smell!!! i could go on and on!!

PurpleDragon

That is one of my favorite smells too. The Main Street Bakery when you first enter MK in the morning, that is the most inviting smell. Mmmmmm!!:slurp: Also the smell of Popcorn when you enter MGM.

Also that Burning smell from SSE and PoTC, and whoever said the sour exhaust from the Tram, I agree! That is truely a unique smell and definately Disney-ish.

My favorite secret spots are all the little side nature trails in AK. They are so covered in foliage and such that it almost feels like your really in the jungle, not many people follow those trails either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom