• It's A Small World

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buzz Lightyear

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I was also wondering why Space Mountain did not make it onto the list. Also, Wedway People Movers would have to be considered.....

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
hakunamatata said:
I was also wondering why Space Mountain did not make it onto the list. Also, Wedway People Movers would have to be considered.....

From Wikipedia:"A dark ride is an indoor amusement ride consisting of a vehicle traveling past animated scenes. Leon Cassidy of the Pretzel Amusement Ride Company invented and patented the single-rail dark ride in 1928. Notable dark rides include the Futurama at the 1939 New York World's Fair and The Haunted Mansion at Disney theme parks."

So there's a difference in a "Dark Ride" and a ride in the dark.(i.e.rollercoaster)

snoopi_grl

Haunted Mansion is beating Splash Mountain!! i think that's AMAZING.
i'd say Splash, then Pirates, then Haunted.
I don't get why ppl like Hanunted that much??

egionet

Snow White is totally my favorite. It wasn't my favorite until I was a CP, and then it was my fav ride to work. Plus there were always the best guests for SWSA!!!

SirGoofy

Splash is the best RIDE at WDW, but I don't really consider it a dark ride, so I had to vote for Pirates. The score is awsome, and I like the boats better than the omnimovers, so it got the nod over Haunted Mansion. "WE WANT THE RED HEAD!"

Connor002

i had to say HM, only because i realy don't think of SM as a dark ride because, as unkadug said, "A dark ride is an indoor amusement ride consisting of a vehicle traveling past animated scenes." SM goes outside, and if memory proves correct, i think you even load outside (i don't think there's a roof overtop).

lawyergirl77

Even though the classics will always have a special place in my heart, I'm a total Buzz-nut!

DH and I rode it over and over again in the rain... I beat him the first few times and the then little *insert unprintable here* kicked my butt with a 999,999. I still maintain that it is, in fact, my score seeing as I taught him everything he knows about that ride!:D

barnum42

Connor002 said:
i had to say HM, only because i realy don't think of SM as a dark ride because, as unkadug said, "A dark ride is an indoor amusement ride consisting of a vehicle traveling past animated scenes."
You have just defined Splash - it travels past many animated scenes that are indoor ;)

504ellamae

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm tough question, each one is unique and enthralling in its own way, Splash Mountain is my all time fave but as others have said i dont really consider it a dark ride as such.

Gotta go with HM, the whole thing from start to finish is amazing.......yes HM it is!! :sohappy:

Dj Corona

It was a tough choice between POTC and HM, but I had to go with the Mansion.
If this 7+ years ago, and Toad was one of the options, well...it probably be three weeks later, and i'd still look like a deer caught in the headlights staring at my computer trying to decide between all of them! (Probably would still go with HM).

raven

Since I LOVE dark rides, I voted for The Haunted Mansion all the way. When I think of the word "dark ride" it refers me to the first of its kinds "Laff In The Dark" or the "Haunted Pretzel" that made this type of attraction so popular. The HM's doombuggies and haunted theme keep with the original flare in my opinion. :wave:

http://www.laffinthedark.com/

brich

Tough call. But when push comes to shove, I got to go with Pirates. This has been a favorite of mine forever. No knock on the other rides but this one is just so synonymouse with WDW.... :D

MiRi

Haunted Mansion, without a doubt. It's funny how when I was little, I was so scared of it but now I can ride it over and over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom