Matt_Black

- Australia
- Brazil
- Switzerland
- Russia
- South Korea
- Israel
- India
-Antarctica, with penguins in bow ties as the CMs.. Would be amusing.

Depending on how well the Scotland booth performs at this year's F&WF, I could see that becoming a strong contender. Remember, they approached Disney, and considering the popularity of Brave, it seems like a no-brainer from a corporate standpoint.

I don't think we'll ever see Israel due to... well, let's just say they have some issues to work out. Of the list above, I think Brazil is the strongest candidate. The Brazil booth is always very popular at the F&WF from what I understand, the country doesn't have the PR issues that some of the others do, and you've already got a Disney character ready for meet & greets that actually fits the country.

While all the pavilions have there charm, I tend to lean a bit towards Norway. You've got the Maelstrom, you've got the Aquavit, and Sigrid and Julenissen are probably the most entertaining of the Holiday Storytellers (with the Monkey King coming in at a close second). I also like Morocco, but that's more out of national pride. Morocco is America's oldest official international ally (Treaty of Tripoli), and the pavilion stands as a proud reminder of the long friendship shared by our two countries.

Last edited:

ToyStoryMiss

It's a tie between Japan and the UK..
I'm very interested in both countries, and I got different things there this trip. (more stuff from Japan than the UK)

They had so many cool Doctor Who items in one of those UK stores (forgot the name). I couldn't believe it..it was awesomee!:happy:
But then in Japan..anime anime ANIME EVERYTHING! I couldn't even :in pain:..Mitsukoshi..so much stuff!:joyfull:

Matt_Black

They had so many cool Doctor Who items in one of those UK stores (forgot the name). I couldn't believe it..it was awesomee!:happy:

Toy Soldier is the name of the store, I believe. The DW merch gives me hope that maybe Disney will cut a deal with the BBC to make a Doctor Who attraction. Who wants to ride in the TARDIS? I know I do!

ToyStoryMiss

Toy Soldier is the name of the store, I believe. The DW merch gives me hope that maybe Disney will cut a deal with the BBC to make a Doctor Who attraction. Who wants to ride in the TARDIS? I know I do!
:eek:
ME! ME! That would be so cool!
Make it a dark ride..with the Silents, Cybermen, Daleks, Weeping Angels (oh god), etc. That would be so cool!:joyfull:

AndyS2992

Depending on how well the Scotland booth performs at this year's F&WF, I could see that becoming a strong contender. Remember, they approached Disney, and considering the popularity of Brave, it seems like a no-brainer from a corporate standpoint.

Definitely, however Scotland is already represented in the UK pavilion, although it is mostly based on England. I'm not sure how a UK and a Scotland would work out, would be kind of awkward. It would be like having an American pavilion as well as a separate California pavilion.. Or something lol

Matt_Black

:eek:
ME! ME! That would be so cool!
Make it a dark ride..with the Silents, Cybermen, Daleks, Weeping Angels (oh god), etc. That would be so cool!:joyfull:

My original thought was to make it a modified CircleVision with the idea being that the Tardis materializes around the audience so the Doctor can take them on a tour of the history of Britain, and then you add in some 4-D effects like a shaking floor or something. However, with the camera tech they used in Legend of Jack Sparrow, that might be better.

NearTheEars

Definitely, however Scotland is already represented in the UK pavilion, although it is mostly based on England. I'm not sure how a UK and a Scotland would work out, would be kind of awkward. It would be like having an American pavilion as well as a separate California pavilion.. Or something lol

That's a good point! I'd vote for Brazil or maybe Switzerland.

Matt_Black

Yes, Scotland is part of the UK but then, technically, so is Canada.

FettFan

First, they need to re-christen the "United Kingdom" pavilion into just "England".

Since technically it IS just England, since the other three countries of the UK are not represented.

IowaHawks7

I would first say that my favorite country would have to Germany, my family and I love the restaurant in there and all the little shops are great. Now for a country I would love to see brought to world showcase how about Ireland or Spain? I know Spain has some serious political and economic problems right now so it's probably a long shot. But Ireland could be very cool I believe.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
We just returned from spending 10 days in the World, and were able to enjoy quite a bit of time (pre F & W) in World Showcase.

#1 - Mexico. I love the shops, the atmosphere inside the pyramid, Gran Fiesta Tour, the aroma from the restaurant as you sail by, and photo op w/Donald.

#2 - Japan. Mitsukoshi rocks, and I love the gracious, gentle staff. Can you imagine how wonderful your Disney trip could be if everyone were half as respectful and polite as the CM's in the Japan pavilion?

#3 - USA. Despite being Canadian, I love The American Experience - cry every time. Also, I quite enjoy The Voices of Liberty. USA is one small decent Table Service restaurant away from being my #1. And hey, they have the newest potties.

And last, a shout-out to my home and native land - Canada. Love the Circle vision film since its update and Off Kilter is great fun. Drop the 2 TS-credit nonsense at Le Cellier and bring back the beavertails, and we'll talk.

Scooter

I like the countries where the gift shops change merchandize every so often...so China is one of my favorites. I like shopping in Japan a lot too but only because the shops are so big. I buy a lot of stuff in United Kingdom but they need to switch it up a little. I go to WDW once a year and the UK shops don't change much. I used to like Canada shops but they closed the upstairs shops years ago and the shops that remain seem to be not only never changing but also dwindling. Morroco's shop have some interesting stuff but again it never changes. France is nice but they could do so much better. Their stuff is so generic. Germany has a good mix of stuff but it's kind of expensive. The Caramel shop is a winner...it's always busy. Norways gift shop is very nice but if you don't like the Cologne (I think it's called Geir) or you aren't into Trolls then your selections are limited. Italys shops are so-so...it's like they don't try hard enough to get you to buy stuff and the selections never change. I like Mexicos gift shop simply because of the atmosphere...it's just fun to shop there whether you buy anything or not. I think the America gift shop is the worst of all of them because being an American, the shop is way too small and the gift selections are too limited. I mean really...Isn't America about more than just our flag and our candy? Where are the Hula hoops, and the frisbees and the sling shots? The UK has the Beatles...shouldn't we have some Monkees stuff and some Temptations and some Paul Revere and the Raiders T-shirts? Ok....I've rambled on enough...but you get what I mean right?

Pocahontas

Original Poster
I think Scotland could work if the UK pavilion was changed to England. Although they are similar, they have different cultures. I think that it would work because of Merida. It's definitely not my first choice, and there are way more countries I'd rather see than Scotland. But, it could be a possibility.

s&k'smom

Gosh I can never choose, every year it's different, my DD is into Anime so she can't wait to get back to Japan, DS loves Norway because of the water ride, DH well Germany and England for yup you guess it beer and I loved Morocco last trip as the CM's were so friendly and the food delish.

Wikkler

The American Adventure. I love American history and I think that attraction is one of the best on property.

Mexico is a close second. The pyramid is really cool and I love shopping in the market place. Cute boat ride too. Donald Duck is a favorite of my family.
I read this in Pooh's Voice

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom