Favorite Chill Out Spot

Raven66

I like to sit by the exit for RnRC while my family rides. I will eat an ice cream and people watch. Since the line is so long, I have plenty of time to finish my ice cream before I'm caught. :lookaroun

jaques21

My favorite place to chill is MK, Columbia harbor house 2nd floor above the pass between FL and HM. AC and you can look at people coming from both ways.

raiden

My spot is in AK on the secret path inbetween africa and asia. Although it was very hidden, it now has been somewhat cleared and I think they do a charater M&G there now. Kinda sux but it once was a very chill spot..even had tables and chairs..I really loved this spot at AK

kirstenoel

In the pool at Animal Kingdom Lodge really early in the morning when no one else is around because they're all too busy sleeping or having breakfast! Preferably just after going to the gym :wave: sets me up for a lovely day in the parks!

Sitting on the second floor balcony at WL, overlooking the pool, drinking a cup of coffee early in the morning before everyone else has gotten up. Very peaceful.

magiconmainstrt

When we first arrive, sitting in the lobby at the Poly.

At the MK right on the bench by the Christmas Shop in Liberty Square-

At the Epcot on the bench waiting for my family after the 4th or 5th ride on Test Track(I'm only a twice rider, they go and go and go while I rest on the bench enjoy the sights and Mouse Gears for some shopping)

AK: having a beverage while waiting for the kids after again the 4th or 5th ride on Kali.

Then there's my favorite spot to chill..........upstairs at the Poly having a tropical drink enjoying the sights, and hula dancers.:sohappy:

Korfar

I will add another vote for the TTA. That is one of the most relaxing things to do in the World. Fun place to people watch too.

Ralphlaw

I hate the new TTA

I used to love the Blue Line for a short break from Tomorrowland. It was fun and a little corny, and it also set the mood for the more serious version of the future that you see at Epcot. No more.

I hate what they have done. The new voiceover is a glorified sales pitch to other Tomorrowland attractions and the gift shops. The fun is gone. No "Mr. Tom Morrow", no "Keep your tentacles . . . . ", no deep voice of serious announcements that juxtapose against the silliness of the messages. The magic is gone. I hate it, and the tragedy is that it could easily be fixed with some simple electronic changes, unlike major overhauls that would be required, for example, to fix an entire building.

John Lassiter, I implore you to bring back the old TTA. It would be easy to do and it would be so much better. There is not a single person of thought who could honestly consider the new version to be an improvement. If you lost the old version, my wife and I would gladly fly down from Wisconsin at our own expense to do the voices--I'm a bass and she's a soprano. We are both amateur singers and thespians who could do it well. I'm serious. The change is a travesty, a disaster of human stupidity of the highest order. A charming break has become a blood pressure raising piece of marketing mediocrity which I dare you to say has sold even one extra souvenir. You have single-handedly minussed a wonderful piece of Tomorrowland for no reason.

Except for the Sunday Night flight back on Airtran, the worst care in the air (an hour late), the change to the TTA was the worst thing that I encountered on this latest trip. The rest of the trip was great, but TTA is no more. I rode it once and was mad for the rest of the day. I can't bear to ride it anymore.

Evil Genius

I used to love the Blue Line for a short break from Tomorrowland. It was fun and a little corny, and it also set the mood for the more serious version of the future that you see at Epcot. No more.

I hate what they have done. The new voiceover is a glorified sales pitch to other Tomorrowland attractions and the gift shops. The fun is gone. No "Mr. Tom Morrow", no "Keep your tentacles . . . . ", no deep voice of serious announcements that juxtapose against the silliness of the messages. The magic is gone. I hate it, and the tragedy is that it could easily be fixed with some simple electronic changes, unlike major overhauls that would be required, for example, to fix an entire building.

John Lassiter, I implore you to bring back the old TTA. It would be easy to do and it would be so much better. There is not a single person of thought who could honestly consider the new version to be an improvement. If you lost the old version, my wife and I would gladly fly down from Wisconsin at our own expense to do the voices--I'm a bass and she's a soprano. We are both amateur singers and thespians who could do it well. I'm serious. The change is a travesty, a disaster of human stupidity of the highest order. A charming break has become a blood pressure raising piece of marketing mediocrity which I dare you to say has sold even one extra souvenir. You have single-handedly minussed a wonderful piece of Tomorrowland for no reason.

Except for the Sunday Night flight back on Airtran, the worst care in the air (an hour late), the change to the TTA was the worst thing that I encountered on this latest trip. The rest of the trip was great, but TTA is no more. I rode it once and was mad for the rest of the day. I can't bear to ride it anymore.

While I will agree that the new narration for the TTA isn't very good...I wouldn't go as far as to say it completely ruins the attraction. In fact I cant' think of any attraction that's had changes that could make me 'mad' the rest of the day.
We still love it and gets my relaxing vote!

drossjr

Amen!! I havent even been on the new version yet, I arrive in July and I am already ticked off, I loved that narration. What the heck! :fork::mad::eek:

drossjr

2nd floor level of the Poly lobby looking over the rail at the waterfall and the plants

The old TTA

Sitting down in Adventureland with a dole whip float in the covered seating

Sitting by Echo Lake at DHS with a Chocolate Shake

Walking around Future World and listening to the loop with a frozen coke from Club Kool

AK----?????

Evil Genius

In the upstairs dining area of Columbia Harbor House at an out of the way table overlooking The Haunted Mansion while eating a cup of vegitarian chili and savoring it.

LoriMistress

My favorite chill-out spots is the smoking section between China and Germany, and staying in our room at POP. It's just so nice to avoid the crowds/heat/etc. and just take a nap for a couple of hours.

CoastalX

Anywhere as long as im with my Wife and Kids!, but most Favorite would have to be either near Aloha Isle or Sunshine Terrace with a Citrus Swirl!

Dave Disney

MK - TTA, CoP or the TSI picnic tables
EPCOT - SSE is very relaxing
AK - Legend of the Lion King or Tough to be a bug
MGM - I like the benches right outside the exit of ToT or Muppets!
Resorts - Poly Beach for fireworks or BW for a nice stroll

Ralphlaw

Amen!! I havent even been on the new version yet, I arrive in July and I am already ticked off, I loved that narration. What the heck! :fork::mad::eek:

Thanks. Sometimes it's therapeutic to share the misery. The change is like going from the Super Bowl to the Knights of Columbus Ping Pong Tournament. From Filet Mignon to a McDouble. From Da Vinci to wallpaper. From a Mercedes to a Dodge Neon. How anyone, and I mean anyone with a functioning cerebral cortex, could have signed off on this abomination is beyond me. Lassiter, the man who plussed Pixar to greatness, has the power to correct this whitewashing of the Sistine Chapel. Let us all deploy our forces to remand this criminal offense back to imagineering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom