Favorite "best kept secrets" in the Parks

Gabe1124

Hi all, my wife and I are heading down to the World in a few weeks. We have been down many times, I was even a CP for a semester in fall of 2007. My question for everyone is what are some of your favorite things to do in the park outside the big main attractions of course, those little things that maybe you and your family & friends love that other may not know about or think about doing. On this trip we kind of want to explore some things we haven't done. Thanks for the help!

Mukta

Personally, I love the live acts in the World Showcase. Matsuriza, Off Kilter, World Showcase players are amazing and most people seem to pass them by while I plan my vacations around them.

Upvote 0

luv

With the Internet, there are few, if any, things left that everyone doesn't know.

AK offers a world of relaxation, if you go in the slower times and slow down yourself. Most people zip through the big rides and leave...then they say there is nothing to do, lol. It's a great park, if you take the time to see it. I like the bird show a LOT, but most people do not.

The street entertainment in Epcot is worth checking out. Nobody ever talks about the China movie and IMO, it is the best one, with France a close second. Nobody ever stops to check out the names of the scientists and such on that circle thing right after you leave the covered walkway going toward the Land. That is very cool, IMO.

MK's CoP is the only thing I think most people don't know about...but most fans do. It's great.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The ultimate best kept secret is DVC....

0410+PI+042.jpg

Upvote 0

Gabe1124

Original Poster
With the Internet, there are few, if any, things left that everyone doesn't know.

AK offers a world of relaxation, if you go in the slower times and slow down yourself. Most people zip through the big rides and leave...then they say there is nothing to do, lol. It's a great park, if you take the time to see it. I like the bird show a LOT, but most people do not.

The street entertainment in Epcot is worth checking out. Nobody ever talks about the China movie and IMO, it is the best one, with France a close second. Nobody ever stops to check out the names of the scientists and such on that circle thing right after you leave the covered walkway going toward the Land. That is very cool, IMO.

MK's CoP is the only thing I think most people don't know about...but most fans do. It's great.

I agree a lot of people skip through Animal Kingdom, lots of cool stuff there! And of course, CoP is always a must!

Upvote 0

The Incredible Schmulk

The Cabana Bar and Beach Club by the pool at the Dolphin. Since it's not on the dining plan and at a hotel that isn't Disney owned, it's rarely busy at all. They have surprisingly good food and a pretty awesome full bar with several good beers on tap. It's a sublimely relaxing oft-overlooked spot tucked away in an alcove of the property that only people who stay in the Swan and Dolphin even see.

It's a perfect spot for lunch for anyone who's looking for a quiet respite away from the bustle of Epcot or Hollywood Studios, and accessible by foot or boat from both.

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

Being at DHS for opening, grabbing FPs for TSM, sitting down at Starring Rolls on a sunny 70 degree day with a cup of coffee & morning pastry, and watching all the energy in the crowds as they enter the park knowing we have an entire day at WDW ahead of us!

Upvote 0

s&k'smom

Honestly my husband and I love to sit and watch the people, where else on earth can you see so many different people, so many countries, it's our favorite thing to do. Well that and eat.

Upvote 0

tink729

I think my best kept secrets would be to relax and enjoy the monorail loop one day. Maybe even take the time to explore the resorts along the loop. Walk along the Boardwalk. Look for Hidden Mickeys. Really just look for small details- it makes you appreciate the parks that much more!

Upvote 0
Personally, I love the live acts in the World Showcase. Matsuriza, Off Kilter, World Showcase players are amazing and most people seem to pass them by while I plan my vacations around them.

We saw the "Candy Lady" in Japan for the first time in August and thought that her talent was fascinating. I usually love the acrobats in China, but this trip, the show wasn't that interesting.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

Boardwalk

Dining: Boardwalk To Go (Great food and snacks), Hurricane Hanna's (Great food), Leaping Libations (Fun place to get a drink

Downtown Disney

Dining: Fresh? found inside Pollo Campero (Great food), Margarita Bar (Best Drinks)

Parks

Dining: MK - Plaza Restaurant
Epcot - Tutto Gusto (Great tapas)
DHS - High Octane (Best place to get a drink)
DAK - Dawa Bar (Best park bar)

Resorts

Dining: Bellvue Room (BWR, Best resort bar), Cabana Bar & Beach Club (Dolphin, Great food and drinks), the Fountain (Dolphin, Best soda fountain on property), Maya Grill (CSR, Huge portions great for dinner), Laguna Bar (CSR, Great place to get a drink), Outer Rim (CR, Great Place to get a drink), Sanaa (AKL-KV, Best restaurant on property), Scat Cats (POFQ, Best nightspot thats not a club), Tamu Lounge (Poly,Best resort bar) Trails End To Go (FW, Best fried Chicken) Turf Club (SSR, Best hidden restaurant), The Wave (CR, Best secret night spot and great food)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom