Favorite "best kept secrets" in the Parks

Gabe1124

Hi all, my wife and I are heading down to the World in a few weeks. We have been down many times, I was even a CP for a semester in fall of 2007. My question for everyone is what are some of your favorite things to do in the park outside the big main attractions of course, those little things that maybe you and your family & friends love that other may not know about or think about doing. On this trip we kind of want to explore some things we haven't done. Thanks for the help!

kings&giants

Animal Kingdom Lodge at night is one of our favorite places in the world. We love to eat at Boma then sit in the rocking chairs out back by the fire and hopefully catch a story. I don't know how often they do it but they have night vision glasses that you can use to view the animals at night. It's really a cool & off the beaten Disney path.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Little thing.... Stopping by Cindarellas wishing well. I mention it to people who have been to WDW and I'm amazed at how many of them don't know it exists.

wishing+well+2012-05-26-5716.jpg

Upvote 0

LeeSeeBabe

People watching is one of our favorite "best kept secrets" because it is never the same every time you're there! You can always count on the amusement of Disney crowds! We also love some of the lounges at the Deluxe resorts, like Victoria Falls at AKL or Tambu Lounge at Poly.

Upvote 0

Todd L

Hi all, my wife and I are heading down to the World in a few weeks. We have been down many times, I was even a CP for a semester in fall of 2007. My question for everyone is what are some of your favorite things to do in the park outside the big main attractions of course, those little things that maybe you and your family & friends love that other may not know about or think about doing. On this trip we kind of want to explore some things we haven't done. Thanks for the help!

Im always amazed at how many people have Never been to Downtown Disney...I love it there and think its a great place to slow down , grab a bite to eat and check out some new things.

My brother is at Wdw at least 2x a year for the last 10-12 years and has never once been to Dtd.

The other thing we like to do is spend time checking out the Other resorts. After a long day at hollywood studios last year, we took the boat over to The Boardwalk and fell in love with the place.

Upvote 0

disneylemons

We did the "pearl in the oyster" thing in Japan - it was fun - they have a 'ceremony' and big production..I had 4 girls in my group do it so we were drawing a crowd.. loved it!

Upvote 0

HausofDe-Vil

Whenever I go my cousin and I stay in the parks until closing (mainly EPCOT and MK) and walk around the park when it's close to empty. Now I know you're supposed to leave but even if it's just standing at the castle for a little longer or strolling through the countries one more time after close. There is nothing more peaceful and beautiful. The parks almost completely change when they're closed and everybody has left. It really gives you the time to take in the world around you and appreciate the hard work and craftsmanship it took to create the parks.

Upvote 0

LeeSeeBabe

I am thinking about this for my next visit.I think my DS would get a kick out of it.:)

My husband and I have made the pearl picking in Japan an anniversary tradition that started on our Honeymoon. We hope to do it every anniversary and begin piecing together pearls for jewelry! Definitely a special tradition for us.

Upvote 0

PREMiERdrum

We're creating a tradition of having our daughter's haircut at the Harmony Barber Shop on Main St. in the Magic Kingdom. Her first haircut (at 1 year old) was done here, and we've had it done every trip since! It's a great change of pace just steps off the busy Main Street, and a fun (and affordable!) special moment.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom