Favorite AA Show

What is your favorite AA show? (Both current or retired)

• Total voters

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
So I've posted this like, a few years ago. But there are a lot of new people here now, and opinions change, ect. ect.

In short, what is your favorite Audio Animatronic Show at WDW? Both current or retired? Allowing up to two answers!

I've excluded Stitch's Great Escape, Alien Encounter, and The Timekeeper because of their questionable state as an Animatronic Show instead of just merely a Circle Vision Film/Sensory Experience. But include them if you must. :) I've also excluded small, not official "attractions" such as the Muppets Mobile Lab, Lucky the Dinosaur, Tom Morrow, and The Robot & Bird Show (World of Motion). Again, mention them if you'd like!

My personal 2 favorites are Cranium Command and Food Rocks! Don't judge me! xD Country Bears being a close third.

BeFunky Collage.jpg

BeFunky Collage.jpg

Last edited:

BoarderPhreak

Nothing beats good ol' CoP; it's a classic. The original TR has some nostalgic worth too. Both are obviously (and seriously) old school.

American Adventure/Hall of Presidents are obviously more modern.

JIMINYCR

American Adventure & Carousel of Progress. The entire AA is enjoyable. How can you go wrong with the variety of historical AA's and the historical messages & music. CoP because its a classic with multiple scenery, dress, character and time period changes.

Musical Mermaid

I voted for Enchanted Tiki Room, because I like the tropical and colorful setting and how it just progressively becomes more alive through the course of the show. I appreciate the details and craftsmanship in some of the other shows too, but I find it more fun to listen to clacking flowers and singing birds than history lessons at Disney. I’m glad that Disney has a good variety of animatronic shows, because everyone has different tastes for shows they want to watch. I never saw Mickey Mouse Revue, Kitchen Kabaret, and barely remember Cranium Command, so cannot judge them.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Can't remember the name but there's a boat ride in the Mexico Pavilion that has very life-like AAs that appear to be eating chips and salsa, reading menus and what not. They themed it to look just like a Mexican restaurant. As you go by in your boat you'll swear they're real. Great AA show. Best in Disney! I don't really get the plot though!? Sure does make me hungry.

My 2nd favorite show is American Adventure, or AA for short. Hey!

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I have two different favorites that are equal, but, for different reasons. American Adventure is yet to be equaled in quality and shear engineering with incredible sets, music and mechanical "firsts". The other would be Carousel of Progress because it is the first gigantic example of AA shows with multiple scenes and unique viewing vessel and started it all in the more advanced AA exhibitions. Primitive by comparison to American Adventure, but, a marvel of it's time which still manages to impress. I will never stop being impressed by the moving audience concept.

Tiki room is impressive simply because of the incredible numbers of moving parts and Hall Of Presidents because of the attention to detail in body movements of all the AA's. When it first was open you would not believe the number of people that were convinced that they were all live humans playing the parts of the Presidents. Had them completely fooled.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
You'd think with CoP being the most popular of Disney's AA show... That they'd do a massive refurb for it! Imagine how spectacular CoP (or any of the shows on the list) could be if every Animatronic had the same quality to that of the new AA in Na'vi River Journey! Gosh they'd be as spectacular and impressive as they were when they first came out then!

Sadly, I'm sure Disney doesn't believe that AA shows are worth the expense anymore. I bet they almost even gave up on Hall of Presidents, TBH.

The Empress Lilly

The MK once had an AA theater show in each land, and EPCOT too. Then when DLP opened in 1992, it had zero. The AA shows have been written off as outdated for 25 years. And truth be told, all of them are once a trip attractions for me. Then again, when I go over that list, I am remarkably fond of all of them and would miss each one dearly if taken out.

All is well in the world when I hear my Tiki birds sing, Walt's CoP is untouchable, the Mickey Mouse Revue should never have departed, but my fav would be the AA. Not for its technological marvels - a means to an end in creative endeavour - but because it is the finest love letter I know to a place I've loved since my childhood.

chriss2017

timekeeper was my favorite disney was suppose to give me the timekeeper animatronic after the timekeeper attraction closed for good but it never happened it was in robin williams will to give me the timeekeeper animatronic as a gift for being his friend but disney has not done that and i dont know why they couldnt just give it to me even though robin williams told them to

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
"We wants da Red-Head". But since she's not there anymore. Well, Pirates is still in contention. But If I have to pick one - and I can draw off of any - then - Journey into Imagination (The Original).

ETA: Didn't realize I replied to a 3 year old post. Still "gets me" sometimes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom