Fave Castle ?

donald23

WDW is my choice of the prettiest castle. It's just so magical, and the other ones are too farfetched. Oh, and Sleeping Beauty Castle in DL looks like a giant sat on it. Anyways, I just love Cinderella Castle and nothing else comes even close to WDW.

donald23

WDW is my choice of the prettiest castle. It's just so magical, and the other ones are too farfetched. Oh, and Sleeping Beauty Castle in DL looks like a giant sat on it, because it's not very tall. Anyways, I just love Cinderella Castle and nothing else comes even close to WDW.

tirian

Elegance: Cinderella Castle at WDW. Fireworks display brilliantly against its white exterior; of course, because of that white color, reflecting sunlight tends to prevent pictures from fully reproducing its exquisite detail. Every time I see Cinderella Castle, I find some small architectural detail I didn't notice before. As the tallest castle, it provides a sense of wonder unlike any other one.

Style: Sleeping Beauty castle at DLP. While it isn't as large as Cinderella's at WDW--and it does tread a fine line between "pretty" and "tacky" pink--the styling at DLP is terrific. No other Disney castle appears as storybook-like and magical. To compare the two, Cinderella Castle (at WDW) is grand, and Sleeping Beauty castle at DLP is lovely.

Quaintness: Sleeping Beauty castle at DL. It's small, it doesn't have much detail, and (as someone else pointed out) it looks squashed. But it feels like a lovely little castle out of a pop-up storybook. The details that are there, from the crosses on the front to the spiral columns behind it, contribute to the fuzzy, warm, old-style fairy-tale feeling that is found only at DL's Fantasyland.

Not to bash the Cinderella Castle at Tokyo DL; but it's essentially a carbon clone of the castle at the MK, except that it's smaller and less elaborate. Oh well, at least Tokyo has the cleanest MK out of all of them. Gee, Americans are dirty! (Yet the French aren't any better, and I'm allowed to say that because I have very good friends from France who have verified that :) .) And Tokyo has DisneySea, which is possibly the most elaborately themed park on earth.

...but their castle isn't the best.:animwink:

AdLibSean

tirian said:
Not to bash the Cinderella Castle at Tokyo DL; but it's essentially a carbon clone of the castle at the MK, except that it's smaller and less elaborate. Oh well, at least Tokyo has the cleanest MK out of all of them. Gee, Americans are dirty! (Yet the French aren't any better, and I'm allowed to say that because I have very good friends from France who have verified that :) .) And Tokyo has DisneySea, which is possibly the most elaborately themed park on earth.

...but their castle isn't the best.:animwink:

Is the Tokyo castle smaller than Florida's? It doesn't seem like it- the proportions are all there. And the detailings look all the same, minus the paintjob after the pink castle where they made the bricks different grays and such...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Tokyo`s is identical to WDW, as was most of the original park in appearence, apart from the fact Tokyo`s is well fireproofed (as anyone who has seen Starlight Magic will testify!) - and the elevator to the utilidor is debatable.

brich

In my humble opinion, they are all unique in there own way. Having been to DL, WDW and Paris within a years time, it was easy to want to try and compare them to each other. You'll always have your favorites. Favorite castle, favorite version of Pirates, Small World, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain. The fact is, although they may be based on the same ideas and themes, they have uniqueness. They are not identical. Enjoy the differences and don't go just to look for reasons to not like one over the other.

Visually, the castle at WDW does more for me. It appears to be more majestic and awe inspiring. Paris' castle is more animated and fun to me. A characature type feeling. DL's castle reminds me of where they all started. But I'll take any of them anyday... :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Paris was a bit of a shock the first time you turn the corner in Town Square - although you can enter under the centre of the railroad the gazebo hides the castle until the `correct` moment. Having been so used to seing WDW`s castle beyond the hub, Paris` was smaller, prettier, not as imposing (good and bad) and the hub with so few trees looked strange, although Orlando has now followed suit for the same reasons. Up close DLP`s castle is just magical - and far more detailed than any other. You can stare for a long time and see new things. Add the hillside, stone curved bridge, rockwork, waterfalls and its simply amazing.

tirian

Is the Tokyo castle smaller than Florida's? It doesn't seem like it- the proportions are all there. And the detailings look all the same, minus the paintjob after the pink castle where they made the bricks different grays and such...

Maybe the forced perspective doesn't work as well at TDL, but Cinderella Castle does look bigger at WDW. I honestly don't have measurements. :eek: And the paint job at the MK definitely makes the castle more elegant than its counterpart at Tokyo.

Visually, the castle at WDW does more for me. It appears to be more majestic and awe inspiring. Paris' castle is more animated and fun to me. A characature type feeling. DL's castle reminds me of where they all started. But I'll take any of them anyday... :D

I agree. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom