Fave Castle ?

Tim G

disneydude2000 said:
If i had to choose one i would say Florida, the Paris one isn't at all nice and the colour doesn't go. The French have truly ruined what Disney is. I have seen pictures of tokyo but have never been there it looks a lot like Florida to me.
Shure, it looks like it, but if you would see it "in the flesh" It's wonderfull...
California is also nice because it was made during the era of Walt and so he had his say in it.
In the "old days" it all started with small buildings...
And IMO the Castle should be bigger... but it was designed THEN... if it should be rebuild, they certainly would make it bigger
Has anyone seen the Hong Kong version because it looks a lot like a sultan palace if the model in One Man's Dream is correct
Matter of fact... I HAVE... :D :D :D (on the drawing board)
And I would think that the Paris castle is one of the nicest.. (my opinion)
Except for the inside... but the way the outside looks... Yep! I like it veeeeery much... Sorry...

tirian

I've never been to DLP, but considering that Cinderella Castle is much more elaborate and lovely in person than it is in photographs, Sleeping Beauty's castle at DLP probably looks less "color-challenged" in real life.

The most common complaint that I've heard about DLP is that although the landscaping around Fantasyland (and the castle, for that matter) is perfect, it's so perfect that it feels sterile and artificial. For example, the surrounding trees are manicured into perfect boxes, something that looks great in fairy-tale illustrations, but too mechanized in real life.

Can anyone else who's been there elaborate?

Tim G

tirian said:
I've never been to DLP, but considering that Cinderella Castle is much more elaborate and lovely in person than it is in photographs, Sleeping Beauty's castle at DLP probably looks less "color-challenged" in real life.

The most common complaint that I've heard about DLP is that although the landscaping around Fantasyland (and the castle, for that matter) is perfect, it's so perfect that it feels sterile and artificial. For example, the surrounding trees are manicured into perfect boxes, something that looks great in fairy-tale illustrations, but too mechanized in real life.

Tomorrow, I'll post the castle photos from DL, WDW, DLP and TDL... for you all to decide...

Tim G

tirian said:

BTW... Cinderella IS a fairytale... :D

aimster

I've never been to DLP, but the photos I've seen of Sleeping Beauty Castle there are absolutely breathtaking. And you can go up to the balcony to look out, which is something you can't do at any of the other Disney park castles. Plus of course there's the dragon's lair underneath which I've heard is really awesome... the dragon AA is one of the most realistic ones out there.

DLP from what I've heard, is one of the most beautiful Disney parks to look at. The attention to detail is great and they have things other Disney parks don't. I'm also dying to check out Phantom Manor (no pun intended).

As for Disney Studios Paris, it fromt he reviews I've read, it sounds quite disappointing in comparison to what MGM has to offer.

Captain Hank

Hmmm, tough choice. In terms of pure design, I like DLP's better. It's just so...nice! In terms of sentimental value, WDW gets my vote.

tirian

BTW... Cinderella IS a fairytale... :D

Exactly. The stylized, highly manicured tree forms of fairy-tale illustrations look great in drawings, but I've been told that they seem weird in real life. In other words, the trees surrounding the castle at DLP simply aren't organic enough--they look like plastic bushes on sticks, not trees. The trees around Cinderella Castle, on the other hand, are manicured but "naturally" shaped. My comment was about shrubbery, not castles. :p (And I did give myself the disclaimer of "never been there"!)

BUT

The first time I saw a picture of the castle itself at DLP, I said, "Wow, that's gorgeous." Of course, I'm a huge Eyvind Earle fan, and he drew the original plans for the castle at DLP (this also explains the heavily stylized trees).

BTW, Corrus, if you've been to DLP, I'm slightly jealous. I want to experience their POTC and PM (HM)! Not to mention SM2... :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Paris`, although smaller than Florida, has to be one of the most beautiful castles anywhere (real or Dinseyfied) - not to mention the most expensive!

BTW - Disneydude, from our experience, the French CM`s, and resort overall, are a match for WDW. Obviously not in size (although DLPark is massive) but we were so surprised (pleasently) with DLP. Highly reccommended!

Tim G

The promised castles of the four parks...

1. Disneyland Resort, USA
2. Walt Disney World Resort, USA
3. Disneyland Paris Resort, France
4. Tokyo Disneyland Resort, Japan

Decide for yourself...

Attachments

• DLR2.JPG
    DLR2.JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 174
  • WDW4.JPG
    WDW4.JPG
    366.1 KB · Views: 169
  • dlp5.jpg
    dlp5.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 164
  • TDL4.JPG
    TDL4.JPG
    318.4 KB · Views: 167

CaptainMichael

Thank you for the pictures Corrus. So there is a difference between Tokyo's and Walt Disney World's Cinderella Castle. The tallest spire is on different sides of both castles. My favorite is Walt Disney World's Cinderella Castle with Paris' Sleeping Beauty Castle in a close second.

ImaginEAR

STR8FAN2005 said:
Thank you for the pictures Corrus. So there is a difference between Tokyo's and Walt Disney World's Cinderella Castle. The tallest spire is on different sides of both castles. My favorite is Walt Disney World's Cinderella Castle with Paris' Sleeping Beauty Castle in a close second.

No.. actually, the picture is flipped, so the tallest spire is on the wrong side, so..

Tim G

ImaginEAR said:
No.. actually, the picture is flipped, so the tallest spire is on the wrong side, so..
OOOPPS!!!... :eek:

Have been juggling so much...

Corrected the error... have a look...

Thanks for noticing...

stitchcastle

Le chateu De La Belle Au Bois Dormant is obviously the most beautiful of all the Disney Castles, Cinderella Castle is the most elegant and grand of them all while Snow White Castle (I know it's really Sleeping Beauty but it is more modeled from a German castle than a french Sleepign Beauty castle) in Anaheim is the most charming and cozy. There's something positive about all the castles....

As for the Magic Kingdoms, Disneyland has the most bang for your buck; Tokyo Disneyland is the cleanest and most spacious; Disneyland Paris, once again, is the most beautiful; The Magic Kingdom is so far the least of all the MK style parks (this might change though when Hong Kong opens)

stitchcastle

wait a minute the tallest spire is on the wrong side at both Cinderella castles.....

The only difference between the two Cinderella castles is the color. (plus the WDW castle is taller than Tokyo)

AndyP

hcwalker16 said:
Huh? Now both images of the WDW-style castle are flipped. They both should be the other way around, shouldn't they?

Yeah, I think you flipped the wrong one to correct your error, Corrus! Great pics though, thanks! (I was thinking they looked slightly odd!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom