Fave Castle ?

disney dude

Original Poster
Hi all, this site is so informative about the greatest place on earth !!!

I visited WDW back in early Feb this year, and plan to goto Disney Paris in June. I have heard differing views but out of all the 4 MK's which is the best castle.

Have heard that the Paris castle is the nicest, but Cinderellas will always be Number 1 in my eyes ?

Also if anyone knows how does the MK in Paris compare with MK in WDW and likewise with Disney Studios.

Thanks

SteveUK

I have been to WDW and Paris, so can only comment on those two. The two castles are very different, and you have heard correctly, the Paris one is very nice, but somehow it will never be as good, because it just isn't WDW.

As for the Studios, the one is Paris is OK, but if you have been to WDW first, then I think you will be disappointed. My view of the whole of DLP is that whilst it is much better than anything we have in the UK, and still well worth a visit, it just isn't WDW. WDW is so much more than the parks, its the attention to detail, the atmosphere, the immersive theming. These things just don't seem to be there in Paris.

If i had to choose one i would say Florida, the Paris one isn't at all nice and the colour doesn't go. The French have truly ruined what Disney is. I have seen pictures of tokyo but have never been there it looks a lot like Florida to me.

California is also nice because it was made during the era of Walt and so he had his say in it.

Has anyone seen the Hong Kong version because it looks a lot like a sultan palace if the model in One Man's Dream is correct

philsfan2185

I've never gotten the chance to do this(I don't know if I have the proper authority to do this lol), but welcome to the boards. I like Cinderella's Castle the best. Disneyland Paris is lanscaped really well.

disney dude

Original Poster
SteveUK said:
I have been to WDW and Paris, so can only comment on those two. The two castles are very different, and you have heard correctly, the Paris one is very nice, but somehow it will never be as good, because it just isn't WDW.

As for the Studios, the one is Paris is OK, but if you have been to WDW first, then I think you will be disappointed. My view of the whole of DLP is that whilst it is much better than anything we have in the UK, and still well worth a visit, it just isn't WDW. WDW is so much more than the parks, its the attention to detail, the atmosphere, the immersive theming. These things just don't seem to be there in Paris.

Thanks alot, Although I don't have any aspirations that Paris would come anywhere near the magic, experience of WDW, which in my opinion has no rivals, after returning home to the UK in Feb after my last visit to WDW and having the Disney blues, I thought the next best thing would be Paris until my next visit to WDW in 2006 (fingers crossed).

The problem being, will I be really disapoinnted with DLP as will always compare to WDW or will I be pleasantly surprised.

My big concern is that Europeans do not have the same Friendliness & politeness as our friends in the US, what also with the weather do you think DLP is worth it ?

SirNim

disneydude2000 said:
If i had to choose one i would say Florida, the Paris one isn't at all nice and the colour doesn't go. The French have truly ruined what Disney is.
Aw, come now, I think the DLP castle is very nice, perhaps the most aesthetically pleasing of all three major castle designs. And, it's not like the "French" designed the park. WDI did.
disneydude2000 said:
Has anyone seen the Hong Kong version because it looks a lot like a sultan palace if the model in One Man's Dream is correct
HKDL castle is pretty much an exact replica of Disneyland's (Anaheim).

MuRkErY

My big concern is that Europeans do not have the same Friendliness & politeness as our friends in the US, what also with the weather do you think DLP is worth it ?

Yeah, when i went to DLP, the French arnt really that freindly.

Or as Freindly anyway.

DLP is'nt as good as WDW, but DLP's version of MK is probably one of the best Themed parks in the world.

If only it were all in English and not French, if only it had the Florida heat, and if only the people were a bit more freindly.

Also the actual Disney resort as a whole is not as nice as WDW, and there Disney Village dosnt even compare to Downtown Disney.

Plus the cool thing about WDW is that ther is loadsa other things you can can in Orlando as well as WDW, where as at DLP you dont really get that choice.

There are a lot of factors to consider as to why WDW is better and it's not just down to the parks them-selfs, but personaly i think WDW is a lot better for a vacation than DLP.

ogryn

Disneydude said:
The French have truly ruined what Disney is
Care to elaborate?

I'd say that the Paris Cast Members do match the friendliness and "Disney-ness" of their US couterparts. (as for some of the French public... well...)

I think the Paris castle is the prettiest, and is the only one with a living dragon underneath it ;)

SteveUK

disney dude said:
Thanks alot, Although I don't have any aspirations that Paris would come anywhere near the magic, experience of WDW, which in my opinion has no rivals, after returning home to the UK in Feb after my last visit to WDW and having the Disney blues, I thought the next best thing would be Paris until my next visit to WDW in 2006 (fingers crossed).

The problem being, will I be really disapoinnted with DLP as will always compare to WDW or will I be pleasantly surprised.

The way I always approach DLP, is that it is different to WDW. Don't try to compare the two because of you spend the time comparing, you will be disappointed. I try to look at it as a nice break, somewhere close and cheap from the UK and it is a good break at a nice place. I try to keep the two seperate and just treat DLP as a pleasant few days away, which is a very different thing to a couple of weeks in WDW.

The weather is OK, but you have to be much more aware of the time of year. When you go to WDW, you know the weather will be better than the UK at any time of year. In Paris the weather can be very similar to the UK, I went in Feb last year, and have never been so cold in my life. Walking around the MK freezing cold in the rain takes something away from the experience.

But I'm sorry if I sound negative, I don't mean to spoil things for you, DLP is still a nice place, and I'm sure you will have fun.

BigNorm

I've always liked Disneyland's the best. I find it to be the quaintest (is that a word?) of the castles. However, WDW's will always be special to me.

cherrynegra

In my mind, it's a close race between MK's castle and DLP's castle. But I think if you take in the overall theming and the surroundings, my vote would have to go to DLP's castle.

ogryn

Last time I went to DLP was in the heatwave of 2003. The temperature reached 40oC/104F on most days. So glad for the air-conditioning in the room!!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant is the best....

I'd say DL's and HKDL's would be second....MK's and TDL's are just too "boring"...

bomafrunch

NemoRocks said:

Sorry for being naive. Does this mean the DLP Castle is a Belle/Beast Castle? Or is it just a nicer version of Sleeping Beauty Castle (that's what I thought)?

Magic Kingdom > Tokyo Disneyland (I don't like World Bazaar at all, but I like Main Street)

Disneyland Paris (no castle is like it)

Disneyland > Hong Kong Disneyland (Disneyland's castle is the original, so it wins by default)

So............

1. Magic Kingdom
2. Disneyland Paris
3. Disneyland
4. Tokyo Disneyland
5. Hong Kong Disneyland

ogryn

bomafrunch said:
Sorry for being naive. Does this mean the DLP Castle is a Belle/Beast Castle? Or is it just a nicer version of Sleeping Beauty Castle (that's what I thought)?

Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant
Castle of the beauty who sleeps is I guess the roughest translation, although it is Sleeping Beauties Castle, as Belle means beautiful in French :wave:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Neuschwanstein Castle is my favourite fantasy castle.

with Stirling castle my favourite fighting fortress. I dont think that any of the Disney castles compare in either catagory

Shaman

NemoRocks said:

I agree...and for me MK would come in second...I don't like DLR's.....too small...

(stereotypes are stupid...you will find friendly and nonfriendly people in EVERY country)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom