FastPass Phase 2

Lhriangel

Originally posted by happy snapper

Or if I remember correctly two hours after issue if youre pass has a lonnnnnnnnggggg wait time on it, you can get another. Im sure it even says this on the Disny website.

You are correct. The rule is this: You can get a fast pass either 2 hours after the first time you got a fast pass or after the first wait time on your fast pass, which ever is sooner. That's why I like fast passes in california and what they are doing to them now here, it tells you when you can get a new one.

LoriL

After reading all the questions on this thread, it seems obvious why more people aren't using FastPass. A lot of people simply don't understand how to use it. Last week I saw so many people waiting in standby lines when there were plenty of passes still to be given out, and for the next hour! Disney tries hard to explain it clearly, but I think many people are afraid to put their costly park ticket into the machine.

cbjlshaw

Costly Ticket

You could be right. I found a park ticket that was in a machine at Malestrom. Of course I did the correct thing and turned it in to the CM.:)

Pan

A helpful tip on Fastpass that I almost found out the hard way. I left my wife and kids at the hotel one morning so they could relax and I ran off to MGM with all their park passes in hand planning on having a "Fastpass-fest" on ToT and RnR coaster. No problem getting the FP from my pass, but the other passes would not work. I realized that if the passes are not activated at the entrance gate, they don't work in the FP machines.

A CM saw my panic at the machine. Serves me right for trying to "cheat" the system I suppose. So I did the correct thing, played stupid to the CM's questions, explained that my family were over watching the Muppetmovie, and she was able to give me the other 3 FP's from the override system.

I still feel a bit guilty about this.

By the way, hi again everybody. My therapist at DA (DisneyObsessed-Annonymous) recommended that I stay away from these boards, but I couldn't take it anymore.

cbjlshaw

Originally posted by Pan
A helpful tip on Fastpass that I almost found out the hard way. I left my wife and kids at the hotel one morning so they could relax and I ran off to MGM with all their park passes in hand planning on having a "Fastpass-fest" on ToT and RnR coaster. No problem getting the FP from my pass, but the other passes would not work. I realized that if the passes are not activated at the entrance gate, they don't work in the FP machines.

I did the same thing, however my family was in the park. With three kids, the youngest being 6, I didn't want them running all over the park to get a fastpass and then back somehwere else to wait out the time. I even left them with the wife during lunch to grab a fastpass so that we could go straight to a ride after lunch. Works well, unless you have a wife that likes to shop while your'e away getting those little pieces of Disney treasure.:lol:

LoriL

hah! That's what we did! I shopped with my son (he's only 2, so he'll still shop with me) while my husband ran around getting fast passes for us. Then we rode with no problems. The rides I didn't want to do he was able to do twice.

Rehabilitated

We do the same thing - one of us shops with the kids while the other grabs the FP's. We have a young family so many of the FP rides our kids can't enjoy yet but we go ahead and get the FP's with their tickets and either use them ourselves or give them to other people.

Mr. Toad

FastPass worked very well for us in MK this trip.

Since Peter Pan was running a 60 mintue wait we got there at opening and grabbed a FastPass for it with a return time of 9:25 and then ran over and did the Pooh ride, character photos with Pooh and Eyeore, the Tea Cups, and breakfast at the bakery. Went back to ride Peter Pan around 9:55 (after getting a FastPass for Buzz Lightyear).

One interesting thing was that when we returned at 9:55 the CM looked at the tickets, saw 9:25 as the start time, did a double take and said "Oh, your running late". I guess most people show up exactly at the start time.

We were able to do Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, BTMRR, and Jungle Cruise all with FastPass in one day and got in Pooh, Tea Cups, TTA, Goofy's Barnstormer, Pirates, and the Train in between FastPasses.

BradleyJ

Originally posted by Mr. Toad
One interesting thing was that when we returned at 9:55 the CM looked at the tickets, saw 9:25 as the start time, did a double take and said "Oh, your running late". I guess most people show up exactly at the start time.

Not only show up on time, but early.

It always amazes me the number of people who show up early . Then just stand around waiting, all at the same time blocking the entrance so people with valid tickets can barely get through.

agdbeanie

Originally posted by BradleyJ

It always amazes me the number of people who show up early . Then just stand around waiting, all at the same time blocking the entrance so people with valid tickets can barely get through.

I know!!!!!! That is SO annoying. But it's also annoying when the CM's clock doesn't line up with the Fastpass clock and you're like hello, that clock right up there says it's my time now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom