FastPass Phase 2

Lhriangel

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru

What I ment was that you can go to the machine at the top of the hour and still get a ticket. I have never had a problem with getting there to get a ticket before they stop giving them out for that hour. I have been there when it ran out of tickets. It has happened more than once to me. It was a very hot day in July and Kali River Rapids had one of the longest lines I have ever seen for it. I went to get a FP and the CM told me it was out of tickets and they would not re-stock it until the next day. So I waited in an hour line for Kali. What a pain in the butt.

*sighs* I'm not making sense today I suppose. You can not get tickets for that hour at the top of the hour because fast pass does not work that way. If there are so many tickets for that day no matter what time people get them.. as soon as they are gone they are gone. Example: at 10 am there can be tickets for test track at 6 pm-7 pm. I've seen fast pass tickets go as early as 12 on a summers day. I hope that made more sense. It is just that they aren't given away by the hour they are given away in blocks. hmm I hope that was clearer, it's late and I'm tired. Yes waiting in long lines is a pain but.. look at the other people that are waiting in line as well... you aren' better nor worse than them.. none of you were able to get a fast pass.

Javier&Christie

I know IOA no longer has people standing there distributing the "fastpass" tickets anymore (not sure about Universal, last time I went, there were people distributing)...

What sucks is people's common sense shoots out the window when using Universal's system.. I guess that touch screen is "real difficult" and they sit there looking at it like they dunno what to do.. that's why Disney's system is so great, it's quick and easy.. slide in your pass, get a fastpass..

Universal u scan your ticket, have to hit the touchscreen to select a time.. blah blah.. it's a great setup, but only for people w/ common sense to move quickly :) (oh, and it's kinda funny to get there when the windows based machine crashes and you have a blue screen error on the touch pad :lol: )

Dwarful

Ok i have a fast pass question...if we all have fast passes in our group and we have to do a child swap how do we work that? I mean what is the easiest...most simple way to do this? I have been wondering about the different options trying to figure out what would work better so if somone out there had been there/done that I would appreciate your input~ Thanks

Lhriangel

One person stays behind with the child while the others ride using their fastpasses. The person with the child waits at the exit. When they get off the ride the person with the child gives the child to someone else and goes through the back way to the ride (I believe.. sometimes you go through the fast pass line, it just depends on the ride. The one I'm explaining for would be Test Track) showing the child swap. Does this help? I think up to 2 people are allowed to go with the person with the child swap so they don't have to ride it alone.

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by Dwarful
Ok i have a fast pass question...if we all have fast passes in our group and we have to do a child swap how do we work that? I mean what is the easiest...most simple way to do this? I have been wondering about the different options trying to figure out what would work better so if somone out there had been there/done that I would appreciate your input~ Thanks

Child Swaps depend on the particular attraction. Just ask a CM at that attraction to find out how the child swap works there.

Dwarful

Thanks..we have done child swap before but never done w/fast pass. Wasnt sure if everyone in the group should grab the fast passes..or should two skip..say me and one older child wait with the two year old..then board after the rest of the group gets off. I was just trying to be considerate of the other guests...dont want to waste a fast pass. Do you understand what I am getting at or have I muddled the whole thing? Say we have 8 in the group...the two yr old is the only one not big enough for Test TRack...should we all grab the fast passes or should say 5 in the group grab the fast pass and then the other two (waiting with the 2yr old) do the child swap pass when the others get off the ride. hope this clarifies and sorry if i should have posted this elsewhere...please forgive

Lhriangel

Originally posted by Dwarful
Thanks..we have done child swap before but never done w/fast pass. Wasnt sure if everyone in the group should grab the fast passes..or should two skip..say me and one older child wait with the two year old..then board after the rest of the group gets off. I was just trying to be considerate of the other guests...dont want to waste a fast pass. Do you understand what I am getting at or have I muddled the whole thing? Say we have 8 in the group...the two yr old is the only one not big enough for Test TRack...should we all grab the fast passes or should say 5 in the group grab the fast pass and then the other two (waiting with the 2yr old) do the child swap pass when the others get off the ride. hope this clarifies and sorry if i should have posted this elsewhere...please forgive

I understand what you are saying but I am not sure of the answer. It would seem as if you can do it without all getting fastpasses but I would talk to the fasspass castmember before you get them. I'm sorry I couldn't be more useful.

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by Angelique
You can not get tickets for that hour at the top of the hour because fast pass does not work that way. If there are so many tickets for that day no matter what time people get them.. as soon as they are gone they are gone. Example: at 10 am there can be tickets for test track at 6 pm-7 pm. I've seen fast pass tickets go as early as 12 on a summers day. I hope that made more sense. It is just that they aren't given away by the hour they are given away in blocks. hmm I hope that was clearer

Yes that does clear it up. I have been to rides where the FPs were all given away before I got there and well I just had to wait in a longer line. I do know once they are gone they do not re-fill the FP machines. Just try to remember WDW with out FP.

cbjlshaw

Has it always been this way?

On our trip in February 2002, we where able to get a fastpass for Malestrom with a ride time that was like 4:00 to 4:15. When 4:00 rolled around we walked straight on and was done before 4:10. We skipped the movie and my kids wanted to ride it again. The new time showing was 4:20 to 4:35. I was able to get tickets with no problem.

MY POINT IS THIS: 4:15 had not passed and we were able to get a new fastpass. I asked the cast member about it and was told that you could get a new fastpass after the FIRST time passed. There was no way for them to put your ticket back into the system to show that it was used. So they cancelled out after the first time shown. It is the responsibility of the CM make sure the visitor uses it during the alloted time. It worked for me in the Magic Kingdom also.

I mean think about it, if you use your fastpass as soon as the first time passed, you should be allowed to get another one right? I think this has always been the norm, but now they are actually letting evyone know this.

Understand:confused:

The Mom

Premium Member
Re: Has it always been this way?

Originally posted by cbjlshaw
On our trip in February 2002, we where able to get a fastpass for Malestrom with a ride time that was like 4:00 to 4:15. When 4:00 rolled around we walked straight on and was done before 4:10. We skipped the movie and my kids wanted to ride it again. The new time showing was 4:20 to 4:35. I was able to get tickets with no problem.

MY POINT IS THIS: 4:15 had not passed and we were able to get a new fastpass. I asked the cast member about it and was told that you could get a new fastpass after the FIRST time passed. There was no way for them to put your ticket back into the system to show that it was used. So they cancelled out after the first time shown. It is the responsibility of the CM make sure the visitor uses it during the alloted time. It worked for me in the Magic Kingdom also.

I mean think about it, if you use your fastpass as soon as the first time passed, you should be allowed to get another one right? I think this has always been the norm, but now they are actually letting evyone know this.

Just curious...how long was the wait in the "regular" line at 4:10? (when you finished riding the first time?) I've seen people get fastpasses when the line was less than 20 minutes! It makes sense if you KNOW you're going to ride twice...get a fastpass, go on the ride, then use the fastpass for your second ride.

Irrawaddy Erik

Re: Has it always been this way?

Originally posted by cbjlshaw

We dont put the Tickets back in the system or whatever its all put onto your ticket after you hand in a fastpass its put into a big bucket and thrown away at the end of the night. The magnetic strip is what shows the computer in the fastpass machine if you are currently holding a fastpass, if it has been two hours, or if your fastpass has validated.

RalphieN

The last time we were in Florida, we went to Universal Islands of Adventure. We got in the park at 10:15 and could not get an "Express Pass" for either Spiderman or The Incredible Hulk. It was a crowded day and the lines were long. There was a group of about 15 teenagers who each had a stack of "Express Passes" for the Incredible Hulk and got on and through at least three times while we waited. I asked the attendant how they were able to get all those passes and she said that they get to the park when it opens and just stand at the "Express Pass" machine and get pass after pass after pass because you are allowed to have as many as you want at Universal so by 10:00, they are gone. Disney's FastPass is SOOOO much better because it's fair. It should stay exactly as it is.

cbjlshaw

Re: Re: Has it always been this way?

Originally posted by The Mom

Just curious...how long was the wait in the "regular" line at 4:10? (when you finished riding the first time?) I've seen people get fastpasses when the line was less than 20 minutes! It makes sense if you KNOW you're going to ride twice...get a fastpass, go on the ride, then use the fastpass for your second ride.

Believe it or not the "regular" line was out of the building. They where also using every que line. :brick: I couldn't believe how many people where waiting in a line that was outside the building when the fastpass line was walking straight on the ride. My only guess was that they had another fastpass for a different ride and couldn't get one at the time. We actually went on the ride twice before some of the others where able to go once.

cbjlshaw

Re: Re: Has it always been this way?

Originally posted by hmppan

We dont put the Tickets back in the system or whatever its all put onto your ticket after you hand in a fastpass its put into a big bucket and thrown away at the end of the night. The magnetic strip is what shows the computer in the fastpass machine if you are currently holding a fastpass, if it has been two hours, or if your fastpass has validated.

That is exactly what I am saying. The computer keeps you from getting another fastpass until the FIRST time on your fastpass has expired. Once that time has passed you can get another fastpass.

Example: Magic Kingdom: Your fastpass for Buzz Lightyear says ride between 4:20 and 5:20. Once 4:20 rolls by, get a fastpass for Alien Encounter and then go on Buzz Lightyear. It worked for us!:D

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The computer keeps you from getting another fastpass until the FIRST time on your fastpass has expired. Once that time has passed you can get another fastpass.
Or if I remember correctly two hours after issue if youre pass has a lonnnnnnnnggggg wait time on it, you can get another. Im sure it even says this on the Disny website.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom