FastPass Phase 2

BradleyJ

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
Well... are they not cheating us by limiting it to only one in an hour

No it is not CHEATING you since Disney makes the rules, and sicne all guest are treated the same it is fair to all.

Well if everyone could get more than one at a time, then all that would happen is they would run out faster, so only the people that get there first would have a chance to get them.

Rider

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
Does anyone know if IOA has started allowing people not staying at their hotels to use their version of fastpass? I know in the beginning you had to be staying at their hotel in order to take advantage of it. I think WDW did this in the testing phase but then made it available to everyone.

Anyone can use it. But hotel guests get to use their room keys and get unlimited access.

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by BradleyJ

No it is not CHEATING you since Disney makes the rules, and sicne all guest are treated the same it is fair to all.

Well if everyone could get more than one at a time, then all that would happen is they would run out faster, so only the people that get there first would have a chance to get them.

I still think you should be allowed 2 in one hour.:wave:

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by hmppan

but then they would only have half of the numbers of fastpass to give out

I don't mean to go back and forth on this but they should re-stock the machines or get machines that hold more tickets. :hammer: That would be a smarter idea. :wave: <-- I like this face. LOL.

Lhriangel

I don't mean to go back and forth on this but they should re-stock the machines or get machines that hold more tickets. :hammer: That would be a smarter idea. :wave: <-- I like this face. LOL.

Okay let me clarify.... maybe I can help explain this. It's NOT that the machines run out of tickets or that they need more paper. There are only a certain number of fastpasses per time period and when those run out they are gone. If there were to be more per time period that would defeat the purpose of fastpass.

Irrawaddy Erik

no not that kind of run out.......I mean that Fastpass machines only can give out a certain number for every return hour (when the fastpass is valid) it has to do with the rides OHRC (ordinary hourly ride capacity)

disneydudette

Buit then fast pass is only good for the early crowds to enter the park. That kinda sucks......if u want to get a fast pass for test Track and u get to epcot by 2, there usually all gone....that really sucks!!

Maria

Disneydudette,

This has nothing to do wit this topic, sorry about that, but I would suggest you to change your avatar before Tramp, the owner, sees it, or he is going to be real mad... We have a policy of being original with our avatars, and for those who want one and haven´t got a personal one, Steve, the webmaster, provides with some that are the only ones that get repeated in the forums. Thank you. ;)

Irrawaddy Erik

test track has a lower OHRC so there are not as many fastpasses to give out as compared to spacemountain or bigthunder . So that is why test track runs out so fast. Plus a lot of people go to Epcot first thing in the morning and get fastpasses for test track then go spend the day in another park and return to epcot when the fastpass validates (just a little side note if you have a fast pass in one park and you go to another you still can get another fast pass)

Lhriangel

Originally posted by disneydudette
Buit then fast pass is only good for the early crowds to enter the park. That kinda sucks......if u want to get a fast pass for test Track and u get to epcot by 2, there usually all gone....that really sucks!!

Yes that stinks and I've had guests come up to me frequently to complain about that but there isn't much that can be done. "The early bird catches the work" in this case. If there wasn't that rule... it wouldn't be fair to the people who made sure that they got their fast pass first thing cause they knew they were going to run out.

Nineinchnailsmk

when we went last time we had a group of 5 and usually my sister and i wanted to go on rides, so we would take our passes and get a fast pass, then go to another ride and use my parent's passes for a fast pass, then one of us would use my aunt's to get a pass because my sister didnt like rollercoasters at the time (worked great for RnRC).

anyway, thats just what we did

Nineinchnailsmk

very very very true!

we tried getting on test track (this was back in june of 2000) and the passes were gone by 930 am (i think the park opened at 9 that day, im not sure...) anyway, i couldnt believe it!

Lhriangel

Originally posted by Nineinchnailsmk
very very very true!

we tried getting on test track (this was back in june of 2000) and the passes were gone by 930 am (i think the park opened at 9 that day, im not sure...) anyway, i couldnt believe it!

For Test Track if you have this problem I suggest the single rider line. It usually is the fastest way to ride the ride, even when the line is 1-2 hours long because most people don't want to split up their group. I've had instances when the single rider line was even quicker than fastpass.

Maria

Originally posted by Angelique

For Test Track if you have this problem I suggest the single rider line. It usually is the fastest way to ride the ride, even when the line is 1-2 hours long because most people don't want to split up their group. I've had instances when the single rider line was even quicker than fastpass.

You are so right! I only waited in line once for Test Track and that was because it was during cast member previews... the rest of the times, I did it on the singles line... A LOT faster! My sister and husband used it too a couple of times and in one of them, they even rode together! ;)

orlandoparks

Originally posted by Maria
Disneydudette,

This has nothing to do wit this topic, sorry about that, but I would suggest you to change your avatar before Tramp, the owner, sees it, or he is going to be real mad... We have a policy of being original with our avatars, and for those who want one and haven´t got a personal one, Steve, the webmaster, provides with some that are the only ones that get repeated in the forums. Thank you. ;)

Oh ya, Tramp can get very nasty.(first hand experience:animwink: ) If you wanted his a good one, make one, don't steal it.

DisneyWorldGuru

See when I was there a few times, the machine ran out of the tickets. It has been a few months since I have been to WDW so it might have chaned since then. I know they limit them to so many an hour to keep FP lines down. I just feel that 2 tickets would still be fair. Also, for all of you who feel you need to get there early, dont worry it is so many an hour not day so just get to the FP machine early on every hour.

Also make your own avatars. I make my own from WDW pictures I have. I then send them to paint, fix them up, and shrink them to fit. It is real easy to make the. Go to www.disneyclipart.com and use the clipart there. I have done this in the past. Also, my web site (see link below) has a few little grapics on the diff. pages you can use. I don't mind. Just don't steal avatars from other people.

Here is one you can use or change.

Attachments

• disney_world_circles.gif
    disney_world_circles.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 172

Lhriangel

See when I was there a few times, the machine ran out of the tickets. It has been a few months since I have been to WDW so it might have chaned since then. I know they limit them to so many an hour to keep FP lines down. I just feel that 2 tickets would still be fair. Also, for all of you who feel you need to get there early, dont worry it is so many an hour not day so just get to the FP machine early on every hour.

Actually once one hour is gone they automatically move on to the next hour so that theory wouldnt' work. :( Sorry.

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by Angelique

Actually once one hour is gone they automatically move on to the next hour so that theory wouldnt' work. :( Sorry.

What I ment was that you can go to the machine at the top of the hour and still get a ticket. I have never had a problem with getting there to get a ticket before they stop giving them out for that hour. I have been there when it ran out of tickets. It has happened more than once to me. It was a very hot day in July and Kali River Rapids had one of the longest lines I have ever seen for it. I went to get a FP and the CM told me it was out of tickets and they would not re-stock it until the next day. So I waited in an hour line for Kali. What a pain in the butt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom