FastPass+ open to all guests at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot next week

Scuttle

Disney has had so many changes over the years, we will all be use to this in a couple of years, and if they want to change to something else in the future there will still be doom and gloom on the boards.
Unless you assume we all are going to continue going to WDW. Apparently you haven't read that a lot of us are at our breaking points.

There's no question I'm taking a year off from WDW after my pass runs out.

Unless you assume we all are going to continue going to WDW. Apparently you haven't read that a lot of us are at our breaking points.

There's no question I'm taking a year off from WDW after my pass runs out.
Sorry to hear that. I just got back from the "World" and went there with an open mind. The bands and FP+ worked okay for me except for Epcot because when I got to my ride, it frankly didn't need a FP. I tried to change it but the other options didn't need a FP either. Then I thought If I had gotten a paper FP and I didn't need it, that would be a wasted FP as well. I still road the ride I was going to ride it anyway. This new system made me change my strategy for the parks but not enough for me to get angry and decide not to come back. I had a wonderful time and I will be glad when I get to go back again.

I am waiting on the next big news to come down that will cut operating costs significantly. Now that MM+ is all set up and onsite guests can book their FP's 60 days in advance. EMH will be discontinued.

Scuttle

Sorry to hear that. I just got back from the "World" and went there with an open mind. The bands and FP+ worked okay for me except for Epcot because when I got to my ride, it frankly didn't need a FP. I tried to change it but the other options didn't need a FP either. Then I thought If I had gotten a paper FP and I didn't need it, that would be a wasted FP as well. I still road the ride I was going to ride it anyway. This new system made me change my strategy for the parks but not enough for me to get angry and decide not to come back. I had a wonderful time and I will be glad when I get to go back again.
FP+ isn't the only reason I'm done. It's the pricing keeps rising as the product keeps falling.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Anyone else find it odd that Maelstrom is included in the same Tier as Soarin', TT, RoE & Character Spot?

Could that possibly be a preemptive move in anticipation of crowds for a Frozen attraction?

Just a thought. :)
Including it in that tier two years before it would need to be? I don't think so. Realistically, they must've felt like they needed something else in that category, and picked Maelstrom to even out crowds a bit.

disney4life2008

Btw I know we've seen the reports of the capacity issues at pirates. Well I witnessed it first hand yesterday and it got all the way up to 40 minutes!! In mid January that should unacceptable.

I have not gotten to my report yet but I walked out of Magic Kingdom - that is how bad it was. Crowds were not high - moderate at most with expected waits but Jungle, Pirates, Small World, Haunted Mansion and several others had enormous waits. To make matters worse - I had FP+ reservations for BTMR and the FP+ line was extremely long both to get the band scanned then the line to get on. I tried to adjust my FP+ attractions and times and the wait to do this (4pm) was about 10 minutes. It was an absolute mess at MK. I ended up leaving and returning during the fireworks and was able to get complete my fav attractions one last time with very little wait.

On a side note - even at 9pm last night HM had a standby wait of 20 minutes. Ridiculous!

jlsHouston

Btw I know we've seen the reports of the capacity issues at pirates. Well I witnessed it first hand yesterday and it got all the way up to 40 minutes!! In mid January that should unacceptable.

What is causing this ? And in January? Are they not using all the boats ?

spacemountain89

Anyone else find it odd that Maelstrom is included in the same Tier as Soarin', TT, RoE & Character Spot?

Could that possibly be a preemptive move in anticipation of crowds for a Frozen attraction?

Just a thought. :)
It was put so that there would be an attraction without height restrictions in the first tier as well as something that guests would have in that tier if soarin and TT were out of fp+.

jlsHouston

I am waiting on the next big news to come down that will cut operating costs significantly. Now that MM+ is all set up and onsite guests can book their FP's 60 days in advance. EMH will be discontinued.

And when they remove EMH I will stop coming for 2 weeks over the summer, making the parks 4 people less crowded. There is no way I would do WDW during the summer with no EMH. Even from Texas and use to the humidity and heat doesn't mean I like that much misery.

GymLeaderPhil

Do you have some facts or a schedule to support that statement?

My conversation with Disney today suggests that they do not have a schedule or plan for when/if that is going to happen.
Like most things, they don't know until it happens or until they have the green light to comment on it. I assure you though that they are coming and there will be more information on the redemption process soon.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Like most things, they don't know until it happens or until they have the green light to comment on it. I assure you though that they are coming and there will be more information on the redemption process soon.

In my phone conversation with Guest Relations yesterday on this specific topic I was told they do not have a schedule to commit for Passholders and also that non-resort-guest, non-passholders would be going active before they do anything with pass holders.

The reality is they've been saying "they're coming soon" since April of last year and have provided no updates since then. The website still has that same April, 2013 information on it despite the fact that they never delivered on the commitment.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom