FastPass+ open to all guests at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot next week

awilliams4

Yep, I feel really good about my upcoming DLR and DCL plans. Real good.

But at least Georgie K can report it is a done deal to Staggs and Rasulo and Iger can go lie to the BoD some more ...
Apologies if I am mistaken, but haven't you suggested in very spirited terms that FP+ is way behind and will continue to be way behind schedule and will never meet the latest end of the year goal?

If so, the implementation wasn't all the far off from their last suggested deadline and no where near late enough to fit the descriptions you shared here.

Bryansworld

Btw I know we've seen the reports of the capacity issues at pirates. Well I witnessed it first hand yesterday and it got all the way up to 40 minutes!! In mid January that should unacceptable.
I really hope that they always have a cast member to divide stand-by guests to both docks. If they do have this and it is still causing 40 minute waits, then the amount of Fast Pass Plus users they are allowing is too many.

ParentsOf4

Apologies if I am mistaken, but haven't you suggested in very spirited terms that FP+ is way behind and will continue to be way behind schedule and will never meet the latest end of the year goal?
Please recall that it was Tom Staggs who wrote:

"We’re working to make MyMagic+ available to all Walt Disney World Resort guests over the next year, starting with guests staying in Walt Disney World Resort hotels. In order to deliver the best possible experience to every guest, we are rolling out MyMagic+ over several months."

That was on January 7, 2013.

It was Bob Iger who said:

"So I'd say you're going to see the product rollout at some point later this year."

That was on February 5, 2013.

Heck yes, MyMagic+ is behind schedule.

And the current version doesn't even include features that were descoped due budgetary, schedule, and technical concerns.

However, MyMagic+ v1.0 is nearing the finish line.

Next up, v2.0. :rolleyes:

Disney has had so many changes over the years, we will all be use to this in a couple of years, and if they want to change to something else in the future there will still be doom and gloom on the boards.

Next Big Thing

Can it be worse?
Fair point. Everyone loves technology and how much it can do and how fast it's moving these days, but in this case, is it really that good? I mean sure, you're improving a broken system, but the system is already over-complicated to begin with. Now we're going to install new software after just teaching guests for the past year how to use v1.0?

I just think this system is a bad idea in general because of that constant change aspect.

With Legacy FP, people could have came in 1999, not come again for 10 years and then when they came back in 2009, the system was still exactly the way they left it. With this system, while I expect the core functionality of the system to remain the same, having to change things up like this forces guests to have to learn new functions of the system potentially every time they visit, increasing the amount of stress and over-complicating the system once again for this visitor.

The whole thing just doesn't seem well thought out.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Anyone else find it odd that Maelstrom is included in the same Tier as Soarin', TT, RoE & Character Spot?

Could that possibly be a preemptive move in anticipation of crowds for a Frozen attraction?

Just a thought. :)
No. Maelstrom has always been very popular.

The Visionary Soul

There are many many technical glitches in the current system that have to do with managing the cards and bands on your account. I hope they fix those before distributing all the new magic bands to APs.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Btw I know we've seen the reports of the capacity issues at pirates. Well I witnessed it first hand yesterday and it got all the way up to 40 minutes!! In mid January that should unacceptable.
Yet there are still some people saying that issues like this are not related to FP+ being added. lol. They blame it on CM laziness. What a load of cr*p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom