FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wont pay that and we will sell my DVC if thats the case.......

Im not saying we wont still go because i will because my kids love it.........

But what I will do is stay at Hard Rock and do Universal for 4 days and do a 1 or 2 day Park Hopper to go to WDW........
There is no way in hell you’re getting that…so we can get you the name of a good broker…

as far as the rest goes…I Agree

it may be the choice foisted on all of us

G00fyDad

You really do live in a fantasy world where facts don't matter, eh?

You live in a hateful world where you like to argue don't you?

Do you want me to come give you a hug and tell you it will all be okay for you to understand that I agree with you? I thought the thumbs up was evident. But maybe it isn't to someone locked and loaded for a fight.

I tell you what, until you can stop arguing with people you might want to stay off social media. ;)

hopemax

Excellent post!

There really is no arguement at this point. The inability to meet Pocahantos and Scrooge or watch the Nemo stage show has nothing to do with the long lines now. Lol. Lets stop making excuses.

Disney is losing all those merchandise and food sales due to people standing in a 3 hour line for an attraction that has no front of line access.
So those charts tells you how many theaters are operating at FOP, how many jeeps are on Kilimanjaro Safaris, how many trains are running on Everest?

We know Disney manipulates these things. We know there are labor shortages so that even if Disney intended to operate at max capacity they may not be able. And that would affect F&B too.

UNCgolf

You live in a hateful world where you like to argue don't you?

Do you want me to come give you a hug and tell you it will all be okay for you to understand that I agree with you? I thought the thumbs up was evident. But maybe it isn't to someone locked and loaded for a fight.

I tell you what, until you can stop arguing with people you might want to stay off social media. ;)

Sorry. It looked like a trolling response, not a legitimate one.

UNCgolf

As an aside, I still can't believe people are willing to wait that long (4 hours sometimes!) for Flight of Passage. I enjoy it, but I would never be willing to wait more than 30-45 minutes to ride it. There aren't many attractions I'd be willing to wait an hour+ for regardless, but FoP definitely isn't one.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I dunno, $1,000 for a week of unlimited FP for a family of four sounds like a really good deal to me (no way it would be that cheap).
would never happen.

Disney charges thousands of dollars A DAY for similar small scale access now. They aren't gonna turn around and go 'wow we should reduce the cost by 50x and see how many we can sell'

Disney is not going to devalue its most coveted 'perk' by making large group or length of stay options cheaper. People are gonna be asked to pay, and keep paying if they want to keep using it. Mark my words.

hopemax

No it's not. It was always that long or longer with FP+ too. Last time I was there it had a 245 minute wait one day (I had a FastPass).

I don't think FP really makes a difference in standby wait times for headliner attractions. There's a limit to how long people are willing to wait for a ride, and the top rides are going to hit that standby wait limit regardless unless the park is empty.
This issue is that when FP is operating with 80/20 ratio... On FOP, without Fastpass you need to constantly find 1400ish pph to be willing to wait that long to maintain wait times. With FP you only need 280pph. Otherwise, those times would start to drop.

Taking the 170 minute wait for today. That means there have to be about 4000 people, physically in line. If FP were running, that same 170 minute wait mean only 800 people were physically in line.

I absolutely believe that a given moment you could find 800 people in the park willing to wait that long (on a Fastpass day). I have my doubts about 4000. I'm not sure there is room, first of all. Which is why my first thought is Disney is posting a higher wait than actual because they want to encourage people to go elsewhere. Or a theater is down, which means it's not 4000 people in line but 3000 (in the case of a true 170 minute wait) or less if the wait time is intentionally inflated.

Waters Back Side

would never happen.

Disney charges thousands of dollars A DAY for similar small scale access now. They aren't gonna turn around and go 'wow we should reduce the cost by 50x and see how many we can sell'

Disney is not going to devalue its most coveted 'perk' by making large group or length of stay options cheaper. People are gonna be asked to pay, and keep paying if they want to keep using it. Mark my words.

I was never insinuating it would happen. I was just suggesting what would satisfy me as the guest who is being offered the product. Otherwise I'm royally in trouble in terms of how much money I need to budget to go on multiple rides a day for my family and I. They should make it more appealing though it they want to sell it.

kong1802

I love how we're arguing that standby is worse with FP whilst Under The Sea currently sits at 50 minutes. 😂

Flight of Passage is 3 hours!

It's not as simple as "they stop the standby queue from moving so it must be worse"

There are two reasons it's not:

1 - Natural limits of how long people are willing to wait for an attraction do not change with or with FP

2 - There is a psychology behind knowing you can get a FP for basically any D or C ticket attraction throughout the day that lets people avoid standby queues altogether until one opens up. A security blanket so to speak.

Are there some cases where it's actually worse? Sure, but overall on an average day, the standby wait times are within 10% of each other in both directions.

I am a wait time hawk. They are basically the same.

Under the sea is a good example.

When you can't stand in line for meet and greets......

Jeff4272

This issue is that when FP is operating with 80/20 ratio... On FOP, without Fastpass you need to constantly find 1400ish pph to be willing to wait that long to maintain wait times. With FP you only need 280pph. Otherwise, those times would start to drop.

Taking the 170 minute wait for today. That means there have to be about 4000 people, physically in line. If FP were running, that same 170 minute wait mean only 800 people were physically in line.

I absolutely believe that a given moment you could find 800 people in the park willing to wait that long (on a Fastpass day). I have my doubts about 4000. I'm not sure there is room, first of all. Which is why my first thought is Disney is posting a higher wait than actual because they want to encourage people to go elsewhere. Or a theater is down, which means it's not 4000 people in line but 3000 (in the case of a true 170 minute wait) or less if the wait time is intentionally inflated.
Touring plans is the best app for lines.......Posted wait time right now is 155 minutes.....actual wait time is 141 minutes (comes from people who are actually physically in line at the current time and constantly adjusts to real time data) so Disney is not posting inaccurate times and every show that hasnt been halted due to Covid is playing

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

Relatedly, I just came back from a week of staying at the Poly on points and visiting the Uni parks. The wait times at Uni were 15-30% shorter than posted and this seemed consistent over the course of 3 different days. Since we weren't staying at Uni I opted to wait in line as opposed to telling my son he couldn't start college in the fall. I was pleasantly surprised with the attraction waits. I wasn't pleasantly surprised with the waits at various snack carts where it seemed like it could take 57 minutes to dispense 5 waters and several churros. Perhaps, this is what they should sell line skipping privileges for.

Also, don't worry Disney. You still got some moola. I'm a Kona Cafe addict.

mikejs78

Premium Member

I don't know if he has anyone there today, but @lentesta can usually tell if a ride is operating at full capacity (he's had people literally counting the rate that people exit the attraction) and the difference between actual wait time and posted.

homerdance

I wont pay that and we will sell my DVC if thats the case.......

Im not saying we wont still go because i will because my kids love it.........

But what I will do is stay at Hard Rock and do Universal for 4 days and do a 1 or 2 day Park Hopper to go to WDW........
If you want to stick it to Disney, you are better off keeping your DVC and not spending any money on property.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I also don't know if this will play into Disney stratagems in the future, but I took part in the Hagrid's Motor Bike Adventure of Magic and Fun for Everyone virtual queue test. Different from the rise of the resistance virtual queue. You register for the virtual queue in the app. It starts a countdown. When the countdown is over you have a time window (I think it was 30 or 45 minutes) to head back to the attraction you were virtual queuing. Once at the attraction, employees are holding up paddle boards with a QR code for you to scan. The code is scanned and then you are allowed to enter the queue after realizing you have to pay another 2 dollars because all your arguments against carrying a backpack fell on deaf ears. Or, at least, on the ears of people who aren't carrying the backpack. Then, you enter the queue and wait about the same amount of time you waited the first couple of times you rode the attraction.

disneygeek90

Excellent post!

There really is no arguement at this point. The inability to meet Pocahantos and Scrooge or watch the Nemo stage show has nothing to do with the long lines now. Lol. Lets stop making excuses.

Disney is losing all those merchandise and food sales due to people standing in a 3 hour line for an attraction that has no front of line access.
How many thousands of people at any given day pre-covid are sitting in the Nemo theater 30 mins before showtime... queuing into Votlm that still has two shows ahead of them, or watching Indy in a large outdoor theater?

Sorry, but these shows absolutely pull people away for an extended period of time and with them not operating there's no where else to put people other than into attraction lines.

disneygeek90

Nemo had 6 shows per day. Theater holds 1500 people.

Its not nothing....

That's 9000 possible slots that are elsewhere at any given time throughout the day.

For a park who has an average attendance of about 40k, its material.
And nearly all the shows suggest arriving 20-30 mins beforehand. That's nearly an hour that those people are out of the park and in a theater. For every show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom