FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_super

Quite frankly Disney does not offer the luxury offerings that would appeal to the demographic they are evidently courting.

And I am sure while you were typing this, a Kardashian was complaining about room service at the Grand Californian.

Can you imagine the first time guest confronted with this? Or a non-native english speaker?

But really... how does that make it any different from Fastpass 20 some years ago? We all hated that change when it came about, but everyone ended up loving it and defending it.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
X pages later and I'm still standing by my statement that it will not change as drastically as some people are hinting because some of these ideas just seem to complex for WDW. Maybe they aren't as complex for other Disney parks or other theme/amusement parks in general because other parks/resorts are quite small in size or number of attractions compared to how many and how spread out Disney World is. Too complex for the computer system and in some cases too complex for the guest.
I can foresee changes coming but just not as much as I'm reading.

FutureCEO

So basically it's like the amusement park days where you spent money for each ride you go on except now it's called a fastpass.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I've been to Disney 6 times. Always in spring break. Always peak time..in 6 trips I have NEVER ever waited (not a single time) more than 20 minutes for a ride I had a FP for.

I stood like the rest on lines where I did not choose a FP for of course, but the FP always got me on 3 rides in 20 minutes or less.

I've done my fair share of waiting like everyone else. Hours for characters, long waits for rides. But if I'm paying 10k for a trip I should get 3 walk ons. Sorry. Especially when everyone has that option.
It probably varies based on how the ride/queue is designed. I’ve waiting 20-30 minutes a few times for space…not on spring break - though I’ve been many times (dozens of trip all year round) - and when you enter the line by Astro orbiter and they have one side running…that’s the deal.

20 for safari a few times…25 minutes of slinky (standby was 90)

the “newer rides” have better queues for fastpass…mine train, Everest, etc. but no way to retrofit some.

SteamboatJoe

X pages later and I'm still standing by my statement that it will not change as drastically as some people are hinting because some of these ideas just seem to complex for WDW. Maybe they aren't as complex for other Disney parks or other theme/amusement parks in general because other parks/resorts are quite small in size or number of attractions compared to how many and how spread out Disney World is. Too complex for the computer system and in some cases too complex for the guest.
I hope you are right.

Waters Back Side

I agree. I also think that even though it's been said to be different then the VQ process for ROTR, the only difference would be that you have to still wait once called. I dont buy it. I dont think they will tell you thar you can now go stand 90 minutes in line. I think they will give you a time and you can get on the ride in 30 minutes or less which is not as fast as FP+ but also not 60 or 90 minutes. And I stand by my belief that Premier Access will be free for SOME resort guests based on certain criteria.

WDW is a completely different beast then DLP and the rest.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They’re gonna monetize fastpass….so that’s a huge chance regardless of “degree”.

too many people for Disneyland’s version…Paris’s version maybe too complex. Lots of other problems too…timeshare being an easy one to finger.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It’s be good if you’re right. But they said that about MyMagic+

mgf

I have a bit of a hard time seeing how a change like this could break even - let alone turn a profit. It would require a ton of development and marketing just to get the basics off the ground. I can’t imagine the cost of running this at scale. Disney generally has never been able to pull of a parks IT project that would meet this level of sophistication.

SteamboatJoe

They’re gonna monetize fastpass….so that’s a huge chance regardless of “degree”.

too many people for Disneyland’s version…Paris’s version maybe too complex. Lots of other problems too…timeshare being an easy one to finger.
The crazy thing is, I think they could successfully monetize FP. A cheap, reasonable fee is still money in their pockets. Heck, even small annual increases would go unnoticed by most for several years but they wont be able to resist the temptation to gouge us right away.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I could actually see this being rolled out and then rarely (if ever) used once it becomes apparent how much of a PIA it is by operations. May only end up being used by one or two attractions when they are brand new or during Christmas week... Much like they rolled out virtual queuing to get into Galaxy's edge but then never used it.
Have you actually been there in the last 10+ years??

it’s not “crowded at Christmas”….it’s all year…festival it up!
and they exceeded their comfortable crowd/ride capacity ratio long ago because Bob did little to nothing for a decade while travel expanded.

this is all back to the same place…and you can’t blame Eisner this time. This was always going to happen. They can’t hold the people that come with any margin for actual fun/leisure….so it’s a customer gladiatorial match

1625581495814.jpeg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I have a bit of a hard time seeing how a change like this could break even - let alone turn a profit. It would require a ton of development and marketing just to get the basics off the ground. I can’t imagine the cost of running this at scale. Disney generally has never been able to pull of a parks IT project that would meet this level of sophistication.
It’s been in development for at least 3 years. Give or take.

Field tested too.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

And I never disagreed that they would charge but I still think the actual system will not change that drastically.
I've always said Disney needs the KISS approach and some ideas thrown around on here seem complex even for someone that's been able to adapt through all phases of Disney.
Heck I'd pay for FP+ as it was pre pandemic.
They could easily make a ton of money and people would still use it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The crazy thing is, I think they could successfully monetize FP. A cheap, reasonable fee is still money in their pockets. Heck, even small annual increases would go unnoticed by most for several years but they wont be able to resist the temptation to gouge us right away.
I loved the for fee maxpass…

problem is it wouldn’t work. Half of DL is annual pass every day and they don’t buy it (or at least evening) and wdw isn’t the same at all. One recent prognostication was that Disney world may have less than a million annuals…which is nothing…

If they sold the Disneyland version - reasonable add on fee - it would be swamped in Orlando by 11 am

drizgirl

Really, they just need to leave almost all queues open right up until park close, like they do now. Keep the attraction open however long it takes to get them through.
I guess this could answer the question about how they plan to clear the queues for that deluxe/DVC after hours thing.

SteamboatJoe

I loved the for fee maxpass…

problem is it wouldn’t work. Half of DL is annual pass every day (or at least evening) and wdw isn’t the same at all. One recent prognostication was that Disney world may have less than a million annuals…which is nothing…

If they sold the Disneyland version - reasonable add on fee - it would be swamped in Orlando by 11 am
You mentioned timeshare earlier. You thinking there will be windows when standby is just not offered and possibly vice versa or am I off the mark?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And I never disagreed that they would charge but I still think the actual system will not change that drastically.
I've always said Disney needs the KISS approach and some ideas thrown around on here seem complex even for someone that's been able to adapt through all phases of Disney.
I agree…but they’re not doing some tuned up idea of fastpass+ plus. Don’t take my word for it - all the rumor/info hawks here agree: it’s a failure and they couldn’t wait to dump it.

so “not change that much” is a bit of dusty take by the looks of it.

you maybe “queen of the not going on rides” or “queen of the 300 day to ride stuff” soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom