FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would rather have no FP instead of a paid option. I will not pay extra to skip line. (don't buy Universal Express either) This may be the end of WDW for me depending on how this is implemented. If park capacity is reduced enough compared to pre-covid levels standby lines may be tolerable. Its bad enough the "value" resorts are creeping up to the $250-$300 (Pop is over that depending on time of year and room category) range for rack rates. Disney is quickly pricing out the middle class people I am afraid.
Agreed.

also...the comparisons to universal express are not valid. The only thing they have in common is they’d both be in Orlando

the details and history...and the usership is completely different.

and yeah...slap-o is just that big of a hack/stupid.

nickys

Premium Member
I’d have to ask @Sirwalterraleigh...

but I bet she’d say that the concept is that “it’s worth it to me” or “it’s what I WANT TO DO” is used by a certain conglomerate to steer every fish in a 20,000,000 fish sea one direction...mostly unbeknownst to them. If...there is not pause/occasion valuation.

its a mass spot...there are no “individuals”...but a quaint concept to believe it so.

so spend...buy...enjoy. But if you (everyone) doesn’t stop and take a look at it - What am I buying? Then you’ll get to the same spot everyone has before you.
Is what a responsible customer has to ask. Then go ahead. There have been some huge examples of how the people “self defeat” themselves with their money. I gave you one...many others with the bad managers now.

this is a “bully” relationship. You have to punch the bully to keep him honest at times. They should fear raising the prices on you. They don’t. There’s no end point until that balance is restored...

...but you’d have to ask her 😎
I know all those words are in English but they might as well be Polish.

I assume it made sense to you when you were thinking about it but I think something got lost in translation. So I am none the wiser what you’re trying to say.

MickeyLuv'r

There is and always was plenty of parking at hotels.

too much - actually...because they haven’t built any for decades the amount of people driving/renting has reduced.

they tested it...people didn’t complain...now that is set. And fees will go up when they yank magical express.

price 101 in wdw
Wait, WDW forum members didn't complain about parking fees?

Complaining is what WDW forum members do best!

As long as I have been reading WDW forums, people have complained that there wasn't enough parking at the Boardwalk and all three of the monorail hotels. Alas though, that isn't what I said in my earlier post. I said a parking fee helps to keep people onsite.

Having a car = easy offsite dining, Sea World, etc. Raising the cost of parking is like raising the price of a stroller. It was an attempt to discourage people from renting a car. Unfortunately for WDW though, that's the time Uber came along.

People don't like parting with their money. They will often go to great lengths to hold onto it.

Jedijax719

Having no fast passes at all might be tolerable if it cuts the normal standby lines in half.

Paying for fast passes might be tolerable if raises the total cost of the trip no more than $1000-$1500 for a 5-7 day trip (more if it is a longer trip).

And these two might be more than acceptable for some but unacceptable for others. However, that being said, there should be NO reason why on-site resorts should increase $200-$250 PER night on TOP of the cost of fast passes OR on top of having no choice but to wait on very long lines for rides. The immense on-site increases should be rolling into something OTHER than just paying for lost COVID revenue. I understand there has to be an increase, but not a 30-40% increase on Disney resorts and a loss of services. Calculating things, we figured that our trip from 2018 which cost about $4000 (not including air fare) for our little family of 3 would rise to between $8000-$10,000 now. And that's with less perks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
When I go to Cedar Point which is usually 5 or 6 times a year I buy Fastlane every time. It usually runs upwards of $120 a day.
Yes...that’s 5 days per year...

and having been to Cedar point many times...there’s two options:

1. ride rollercoasters
2. Don’t bother going

I sorta get that. It’s not like you’re paying $120 to ride big Thunder and wait for a character meet and greet.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

As long as I have been reading WDW forums, people have complained that there wasn't enough parking at the Boardwalk and all three of the monorail hotels. Alas though, that isn't what I said in my earlier post. I said a parking fee helps to keep people onsite.

Having a car = easy offsite dining, Sea World, etc. Raising the cost of parking is like raising the price of a stroller. It was an attempt to discourage people from renting a car. Unfortunately for WDW though, that's the time Uber came along.

People don't like parting with their money. They will often go to great lengths to hold onto it.
Apparently not enough complained.

remember we are such a small piece of the puzzle here...and though knowledgeable/vocal...may not scratch the surface in the end.

the ones that get me are those that know and can’t bring themselves not to kiss the ring...praetorians.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know all those words are in English but they might as well be Polish.

I assume it made sense to you when you were thinking about it but I think something got lost in translation. So I am none the wiser what you’re trying to say.

maybe not do the call outs if you want no exchange? That’s why I don’t do it...because a cheetah is never gonna change its stripes.

UNCgolf

WDW didn't institute the parking fees until years after Uber/Lyft were ubiquitous (the fees started in 2018), so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

I have a hard time seeing how it was anything other than a money grab, especially considering most of the resorts had hundreds of empty spots on any given day -- I went to Port Orleans the year before the fees were instituted and the lot was maybe 20% full the whole time I was there. Went back a year after fees were instituted and it was basically the same. Also drove to AKL on those trips (pre and post fees) and there were plenty of spaces available both times.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Dole Whips are definitely disgusting. Of course, I don't like pineapple in general so of course I don't like something pineapple flavored.
Whereas I love pineapple juice. The issue for me is definitely in the whip itself, since I find the lime flavour equally disgusting.

UNCgolf

Whereas I love pineapple juice. The issue for me is definitely in the whip itself, since I find the lime flavour equally disgusting.

I've never tried the lime. The vanilla is fine, but it's also just standard vanilla soft serve. It's not any different than what you can get in thousands of other places.

MickeyLuv'r

Wait...you walk up and pay that at universal everytime? Do tell...

couple of questions:
1. Are you staying and where?
2. How often are you going?
I can't answer for that forum member, but I recently priced Universal.
If I stay offsite, near Universal, it runs about $150 a night for the Marriott brand hotels (I think one is a Residence Inn, I forget what the other was). They are walkable to the Universal parks, and people do walk, but it is about a 25minute walk. The bonus is the Residence Inn comes with breakfast and a full kitchen, but a boring pool.

The onsite Royal Pacific is about $350/night, or about $460 for club level. Club level = breakfast, drinks all day, beer/wine (only some hours), even appetizers (?light dinner?), and desserts. So not full-board, but maybe 1/2 to 3/4board? On top of that, 1 night at RP = 2 days of Express Pass. 2 nights at RP = 3 days of EP.

It isn't apples to apples, but one could say they are getting 2 days of EP for $200. If you have 4 people, that is like getting EP for $25 per person per day.

Or...maybe it would be more fair to compare the CL rate to the Residence Inn, but CL is more than just breakfast. So then the number is more like 2 days of EP for $310total or $39 per person per day plus a better pool, AND a shorter commute. Walk from RP to IoA is about 6-7 minutes. (18 min time savings.)

It comes down to how you value your time. If, rough numbers- a family pays $4,000 for a week of vacation, they might say their time is worth $4,000/7days/17(waking hours/day) = about $40/hour.

Some folks enjoy their ride queue time, others might reasonably conclude that Flash/Express/Fast pass is a good value because an hour of their time is worth more than $40 AND the paid Flash/Express/Fast pass reduced their wait time by more than an hour.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
maybe not do the call outs if you want no exchange? That’s why I don’t do it...because a cheetah is never gonna change its stripes.
Happy to debate but I can’t if your replies don’t make any sense to me.

All I could take from it was that if I opt to pay for the FPs then eventually I’ll change my mind.

Thing is I won’t be back 4 times a year or even once a year. If I was going that often then I wouldn’t pay for it except occasionally. And even with our next trip I said I’d only pay for certain parks and for specific rides / bundles. We’ll include that in the budget for the vacation. I suspect the family might even agree to get up early on a couple of days to rope drop. But otherwise I’ll plan the best I can.

MickeyLuv'r

Apparently not enough complained.

remember we are such a small piece of the puzzle here...and though knowledgeable/vocal...may not scratch the surface in the end.

the ones that get me are those that know and can’t bring themselves not to kiss the ring...praetorians.

Or maybe WDW changes pricing for multiple reasons, even though they know we'll complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom