FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaBoy

I attempt to always find the thought process behind this stance by the consumers?

if the stance is “oh well...gotta pay it”...but the explanation is “because they say so...”

that sounds more like a drug addict than a mature, responsible adult with financial means.
Ron Dominguez once plotted charts for Walt that showed projected growth. He then told Walt that we must build more attractions to absorb these people. Walt would go bother Roy for his profit from whatever the latest movie cash cow was and they would sink it in the parks. Its a much smaller scale but the idea is you constantly expand to absorb. The primary difference between then and now... the man at the top loved the park and loved giving the people what they wanted. He didn't squeeze... he invested. Its a philosophy that got them there. It's what the present staff is milking for all its worth.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ron Dominguez once plotted charts for Walt that showed projected growth. He then told Walt that we must build more attractions to absorb these people. Walt would go bother Roy for his profit from whatever the latest movie cash cow was and they would sink it in the parks. Its a much smaller scale but the idea is you constantly expand to absorb. The primary difference between then and now... the man at the top loved the park and loved giving the people what they wanted. He didn't squeeze... he invested. Its a philosophy that got them there. It's what the present staff is milking for all its worth.

you know who was really good at that on the whole??

...the praetorians won’t hear of it

GaBoy

Michael Denison Eisner

the place is pathetic without him. He built real assets/foundation stuff...even if he sucked at the end.

Bob took no chances...nibbled as the product fell back to earth and went to stock symposiums
YES! I thought that was where you headed. Those were heady days. He hung on a little long but he loved the parks and knew what it took. Primary difference... that guy was creative. Most genius move Roy E ever made. He and his team saved what was in a spiral and if people love Disney animation they can thank him to a large degree for its survival.

Yeah it does. So does iOS.

Oh, you are correct. Different string, same context... And additional strings that are more relevant. More things to look through then. I was in the recommender/fastpass folders instead of looking where I should've...

Once again, thanks!

mergatroid

I attempt to always find the thought process behind this stance by the consumers?

if the stance is “oh well...gotta pay it”...but the explanation is “because they say so...”

that sounds more like a drug addict than a mature, responsible adult with financial means.
And yet the other day you were saying how you still will pay for the odd character meal despite the huge cost for what you get? Puts you in the same boat really and leaves you little room to judge others?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And yet the other day you were saying how you still will pay for the odd character meal despite the huge cost for what you get? Puts you in the same boat really and leaves you little room to judge others?

i did...I certainly don’t celebrate it.

bazingaa!!!, eh?

$100 for fastpass for Peter Pan and buzz? Sounds good?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would pay in order for my family to either ride their favourite rides or the new rides we’ve never experienced (from Pandora onwards) at least once. Because we wouldn’t know when, if ever, we would be coming back.

I won’t fork out for the “ride everything in the park once” top tier in every park. But we would study the bundles on offer and decide accordingly in advance what we are willing to pay for. Or whether to pay for a tour / party / after hours type event instead.

see...that’s totally reasonable. Which is why I asked

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No it doesn't and I wouldn't pay it. Then again I'm not criticising others for doing it unlike yourself. Amma right?
Those choices affect you and me. It’s shocking people can’t understand that...

but here’s my stance: make the choice...just take 5 seconds and make an informed choice. Like the people on the phone to ravenously buy that “Halloween”‘nonsense the other day.

a little pause would lead to better product for everyone. That’s how consumer products work.

mergatroid

Those choices affect you and me. It’s shocking people can’t understand that...

but here’s my stance: make the choice...just take 5 seconds and make an informed choice. Like the people on the phone to ravenously buy that “Halloween”‘nonsense the other day.

a little pause would lead to better product for everyone. That’s how consumer products work.
Agreed, but then again I'm not the one comparing somebody to a drug addict for their choice unlike yourself :D

You paying $50 for a breakfast then saying "I remember paying just $20 and it wasn't that long ago" or similar is the same thing. People paying that are the ones allowing Disney to 'get away with it'. And yet here you are complaining about anyone doing exactly what you've done by paying for FP's or Halloween events. So it's ok for you top pay over the odds for breakfast, allowing Disney to get away with it. But those doing similar for FP's or Halloween are like drug addicts and are ruining Disney for others according to you :rolleyes:

GaBoy

Oh, you are correct. Different string, same context... And additional strings that are more relevant. More things to look through then. I was in the recommender/fastpass folders instead of looking where I should've...

Once again, thanks!
Alright folks. Explain what you are talking about to the layperson... me.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Agreed, but then again I'm not the one comparing somebody to a drug addict for their choice unlike yourself :D

You paying $50 for a breakfast then saying "I remember paying just $20 and it wasn't that long ago" or similar is the same thing. People paying that are the ones allowing Disney to 'get away with it'. And yet here you are complaining about anyone doing exactly what you've done by paying for FP's or Halloween events. So it's ok for you top pay over the odds for breakfast, allowing Disney to get away with it. But those doing similar for FP's or Halloween are like drug addicts and are ruining Disney for others according to you :rolleyes:
Sometimes you gotta hammer the point home. 🔨

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Alright folks. Explain what you are talking about to the layperson... me.

they’ve been doing this thing where they’re trying to find info on the new fastpass system by dissecting source code or something on androids and iPhones?

...I dunno...whatever keeps the kids happy - I suppose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom