FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney Glimpses

how do you handle DVC?...some of whom bought their points for $40 a point in 1993 and have been laughing every since??
Not to mention the thousands that purchased it on the resale market prior to 2011 and technically have blue card rights. They may make some discount available to members but highly unlikely to beef up member benefits with something that valuable. Though it would sell a ton of points, but I still don't think it would happen.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not to mention the thousands that purchased it on the resale market prior to 2011 and technically have blue card rights. They may make some discount available to members but highly unlikely to beef up member benefits with something that valuable. Though it would sell a ton of points, but I still don't think it would happen.
...it would not...nothing that large/AP dependent would be tolerated by the accountants

this whole thing is fascinating in a tragic, catastrophic sorta way...

there are no direct comparisons here. People try to make comparisons to other parks and Disney products. But there are none...huge gaps in the details that void the comparisons.

and not only that...Disney has a gap in its data collection. Which is their strength. Never had this kind of disruption over 2 years prior. With such a unique event.

they might be trying to sell property in 1946 in the Rhineland using pictures from 1938.

lewisc

I feel guests that are staying at a deluxe hotel should at least get three free FP the way they used to do. That's the least they could do for the outrageous prices they charge! JMO
As opposed to the outrageous prices charged for POP? Dolpin, adding in the resort fee was the same price as POP, late September.

Disney will be working with Chase. Some guests will need an increase in their account limits

DisneyCane

I have accepted that they are changing it. At this point, I just want to know what they are changing it to!! We are going in late October. And, it goes without saying that, if they are going to charge the big bucks for FP, I have a lot more likelihood of being able to afford it if I have time to save. I know a lot of people will end up putting it on a CC, but I don't like going into debt for a vacation (Because to me that makes it's not really a "vacation" but more of a postponed burden...). It just feels like they are taking their sweet time to announce something, and it annoys me. :(
You are not their target customer because you are financially responsible. They target people willing to go into ridiculous credit card debt to pay for their "vacation of a lifetime" and deal with the consequences later. I'd actually be interested to know what percentage of the "once in a lifetime" WDW guests files for bankruptcy protection within two years of their trip.

That's why it has been impossible to control crowds (pre-COVID) by raising prices to astronomical levels. There is a segment of the population that will pay anything for a trip to WDW, even if it means going into unsustainable debt.

nickys

Premium Member
As far as any onsite “benefitswith this system goes, they could allow resort guests to buy these before they enter the park, be it from 7am that morning or ahead of time. Whereas everyone else has to wait until they tap in.

They could allow resort guests to book free FP(s) before anyone else.

Or none of the above. Or something else entirely.

"Actually, I think you're about to find out what's the least they could do. And it's less than you think :)"

Believe me, that was only my opinion. I am pretty sure they will be charging for FP...sad as it is. I would bet a decision has been made and they're waiting for the announcement around July 1, just in time for the summer.

I, too, can afford to pay for them without a CC. Unfortunately, it will be a burden for those less fortunate if they do want them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
"Actually, I think you're about to find out what's the least they could do. And it's less than you think :)"

Believe me, that was only my opinion. I am pretty sure they will be charging for FP...sad as it is. I would bet a decision has been made and they're waiting for the announcement around July 1, just in time for the summer.

I, too, can afford to pay for them without a CC. Unfortunately, it will be a burden for those less fortunate if they do want them.

you’re gonna pay $100 a day to get on test track or mine train??

...my point is: it’s not always a question of “can”

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I know there are no specifics out there yet but is the option of keeping the original 3 free FP’s for resort guests & then charging for ability to book more afterwards on the table? Also paying up ahead of time for more. So on & so forth… Probably a pipe dream but seems like a good way to keep everyone happy once they roll things out.

drizgirl

I know there are no specifics out there yet but is the option of keeping the original 3 free FP’s for resort guests & then charging for ability to book more afterwards on the table? Also paying up ahead of time for more. So on & so forth… Probably a pipe dream but seems like a good way to keep everyone happy once they roll things out.
I could see that happening but leaving off the hot new attractions. Those could be available for sale at a ridiculous price.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Exactly. Everybody okay with $150 cover charge then we're back to the "ticket book" scheme per ride cost. Where's the limit? Does anything there justify it? Maybe nostalgic for me but it loses its shine when I start feeling a little abused.

I attempt to always find the thought process behind this stance by the consumers?

if the stance is “oh well...gotta pay it”...but the explanation is “because they say so...”

that sounds more like a drug addict than a mature, responsible adult with financial means.

nickys

Premium Member
Question: why?
I would pay in order for my family to either ride their favourite rides or the new rides we’ve never experienced (from Pandora onwards) at least once. Because we wouldn’t know when, if ever, we would be coming back.

I won’t fork out for the “ride everything in the park once” top tier in every park. But we would study the bundles on offer and decide accordingly in advance what we are willing to pay for. Or whether to pay for a tour / party / after hours type event instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom