FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairyChest

Some form of FP is coming back as a paid option, it will likely not be FP+. It also likely will not be like Universal. They are well aware they can upcharge deluxe hotel guests for line skipping and make bank.
So are you thinking FP+ will be free? Or are you saying there will be no FP+ , just something new with a fee ?

TheDuke

When I went back recently it was just so much more manageable without FP+. I'd much rather have to deal with 45 minute waits in big rides instead of getting a couple short waits with FP and then crazy 2 hour + waits for big attractions the rest of the time. Limited capacity/reservations and no FP make for a better guest experience.

FP will probably be returning in some form but hopefully it is limited so it does not disrupt the wait times too much.

Goofyernmost

I understand the yearning for simpler times at WDW, but technology never retreats, only adjusts and advances. As soon as they deem it plausible some sort of ride reservation system will return. The one thing we can hope for is that it's not so complicated and doesn't require months of planning in advance. Don't get me wrong, I like to plan, but FP+ was even too much for me.
Agree, because the problem is that technology doesn't always improve things, many times it just changes them.

DisneyCane

Agree, because the problem is that technology doesn't always improve things, many times it just changes them.
Sometimes technology makes things worse when trying to solve problems that don't exist. Not being able to pre-schedule virtual queues at a them park a month or more in advance was not an issue to begin with. Solving it with FP+ created a bunch of problems and completely removed the ability to have a spontaneous, stress free visit to a park at WDW.

Jrb1979

Sometimes technology makes things worse when trying to solve problems that don't exist. Not being able to pre-schedule virtual queues at a them park a month or more in advance was not an issue to begin with. Solving it with FP+ created a bunch of problems and completely removed the ability to have a spontaneous, stress free visit to a park at WDW.
I always thought people loved all the planning for their WDW vacation.

Chi84

Premium Member
The planning can be difficult, but the results are great. It's nice to know that we just walk into the Contemporary and have brunch at Cali Grill for 6 people at noon, then spend some time at the pool and go to AK in the late afternoon to ride FOP, EE and Safari with little to no waits. That probably sounds like a terrible waste of a day to some people - but it's the way we like to vacation so the planning is well worth it.

Jrb1979

The planning can be difficult, but the results are great. It's nice to know that we just walk into the Contemporary and have brunch at Cali Grill for 6 people at noon, then spend some time at the pool and go to AK in the late afternoon to ride FOP, EE and Safari with little to no waits. That probably sounds like a terrible waste of a day to some people - but it's the way we like to vacation so the planning is well worth it.
It does sound like a waste of a day. When I go to parks I am at the park from open to close just about every day. The hotel is just a place to sleep at night.

ImperfectPixie

It does sound like a waste of a day. When I go to parks I am at the park from open to close just about every day. The hotel is just a place to sleep at night.
We do tend to spend the majority of our time at the parks...on a longer trip, we'll take an afternoon for resort swimming and laundry.

PirateFrank

No way!

We do it because we have no other choice. For a Disney trip, I get up at the butt-crack of dawn 180 days and 60 days out from the start of my trip and I hate it....because when you do that, you're likely locked into those times/locations. The problem is, that far out you can't easily change things due to unforeseen factors. Those factors include weather, injury, your vacation party can have a change of heart, you end up seeing an ADR or fastpass pop up that you *tried* to get at 180/60 days out (but couldn't) and you grab it (forcing you to adjust the rest of your plans to accommodate).

Who the hell wants this stress on what's supposed to be a vacation? You're supposed to be going somewhere fun, where you dont have this type of stress. If I didnt have to do any of this - and could make dining reservations a few days out like normal people do at universal and not have to worry about what attraction I planned to be on at a particular time and place (like normal people do at universal), my vacation wouldn't be stressful. It would be a vacation.

What's worse is that when FP+ was rolled out, the Weatherman claimed it was because park guests were finding that planning OG fastpasses once in the park was a stressful experience. Everyone knows that he was flat-out freaking lying when he said that. No one found it stressful...and if someone did said they found it stressful, it was a statement made via confirmation bias. The truth of the matter is like any slimy wannabe politician, Iger was selling something with a lie so he could implement something with a negative impact.

Trust me - no one wants FPs and ADRs. Especially if they really knew what those things did to the quality of the product.

Chi84

Premium Member
One thing I've learned from these discussion boards is that people generally have a hard time seeing past their own experiences. One of the things we love about WDW is its ability to accommodate multi-generational families. There was a time when we spent much more time in the parks than we do now. At this stage, the parks are something to do when we're not enjoying dining, boat rides, pools, shows/entertainment, etc.

People are different. Some are stressed out by planning; others are stressed out by spending a ton of money not knowing if they will be able to get popular dinner reservations or be able to ride the newest attraction without waiting for an hour or more. It's human nature to want others to agree with your way of doing things; but some posters (not directed at you) go a bit too far by suggesting that the way others vacation is not normal, or that no one wants a ride reservation system. Disney knows otherwise.

G00fyDad

No way!

We do it because we have no other choice. For a Disney trip, I get up at the butt-crack of dawn 180 days and 60 days out from the start of my trip and I hate it....because when you do that, you're likely locked into those times/locations. The problem is, that far out you can't easily change things due to unforeseen factors. Those factors include weather, injury, your vacation party can have a change of heart, you end up seeing an ADR or fastpass pop up that you *tried* to get at 180/60 days out (but couldn't) and you grab it (forcing you to adjust the rest of your plans to accommodate).

Who the hell wants this stress on what's supposed to be a vacation? You're supposed to be going somewhere fun, where you dont have this type of stress. If I didnt have to do any of this - and could make dining reservations a few days out like normal people do at universal and not have to worry about what attraction I planned to be on at a particular time and place (like normal people do at universal), my vacation wouldn't be stressful. It would be a vacation.

What's worse is that when FP+ was rolled out, the Weatherman claimed it was because park guests were finding that planning OG fastpasses once in the park was a stressful experience. Everyone knows that he was flat-out freaking lying when he said that. No one found it stressful...and if someone did said they found it stressful, it was a statement made via confirmation bias. The truth of the matter is like any slimy wannabe politician, Iger was selling something with a lie so he could implement something with a negative impact.

Trust me - no one wants FPs and ADRs. Especially if they really knew what those things did to the quality of the product.

I love trip planning. So much so that I am doing right now for a trip that is still a year and five months out. And I love FP+. I hated the old paper FPs and I don't think I am going to care for the virtual queues either.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not being able to pre-schedule virtual queues at a them park a month or more in advance was not an issue to begin with

It was an issue - the question is if you think it was worth the consequence...

The issue was just as Disney marketed it... How do you make sure you get the 'must do' things done and feel at ease that you will get it done? They let you make a reservation and essentially guaranteed (short of ride breakdowns) you'd be able to do the experience.

G00fyDad

This is my current level of trip planning enjoyment.... 😍
1.jpg

And there are tabs and tabs at the bottom of that spreadsheet. This workbook is large. I have everything in this one file. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom