FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew M

Is this the first piece of actual Fastpass replacement system news pertaining to WDW?

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/myma...enie-app-coming-soon-to-walt-disney-world.htm

Chapek said, "We've made significant investments in sophisticated technology and tools, created a revolutionary new multi-tiered service we're calling Disney Genie. We're very, very excited about the new service. We'll be providing additional details soon. The goal of the user-friendly app is to create a better, more personalized, and customized experience for guests. Putting them in control and providing even greater flexibility and choice. They will be able to spend less time waiting in line and figuring out what attractions and dining options are available and more time having fun."

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I tried to warn you guys. You didn't listen.

1628821898585.png

danv3

For AP holders, no longer having rope drop hurts them........Also, what's the benefit to having an AP if you need park reservations for it? you cant just go when you want
Chapek aggressively hates AP holders. The new system is a way to greatly diminish the attractiveness of an AP and thus the number of AP holders without actually eliminating APs.

Jeff4272

I thought the worst kept secret in Disney is the Disney Vacation Club.
Crazy.......I paid $99 for 170 point BLT contract and $105 for a 160 point contract also at BLT in 2011 and we have used our points every year and now they are selling for approximately $160 per point............

DVC has been a home run for us

But I digress

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Crazy.......I paid $99 for 170 point BLT contract and $105 for a 160 point contract also at BLT in 2011 and we have used our points every year and now they are selling for approximately $160 per point............

DVC has been a home run for us

But I digress
I was referring to the DVC slogan "The Best Kept secret" ;) when it is out there for everyone to see...

I too am a DVC owner and think it was a wonderful decision for us. Bought AKL second hand in 2018 but have rented points since 2010 while we saved up to purchase.

SamusAranX

There are no “official “ graphs of anything.

I worked in business units during that time. The dot.com recession really didn’t hit wdw until 2001…it was 2000 on Main Street. What they found was that people - it was very much still the middle class clientele then - kept their 2000 plans intact even if it was economically counterintuitive to do so.
That ended in January 2001. By the spring of that year…and into the summer…on property hotels were seeing 40-60% occupancy at times when they had rocked 97% property wide the couple years prior.

What happened late in the year intensified the problem…it didn’t start it.

Never let a crisis go to waste on Wall Street…however.

You don’t have to believe me…and I don’t want to convince you.
I remember those days. Disney practically begged us to go. They needed people in the parks to spend money.

my dad was retired military and they did a series of weekend days in 2002-2004 (somewhere in there can’t remember) where he could go in for free (!) and bring us kids either free or heavily discounted. I believe the promo also applied to first responders and their families as well. I cherish it because we were from a single parent household that could never afford Disney in a million years. We got to Epcot, MGM, and Magic Kingdom. Started my love for WDW and when I grew up and started saving my own money guess where a lot of it went?

That would never ever fly in today’s Disney.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I remember those days. Disney practically begged us to go. They needed people in the parks to spend money.

my dad was retired military and they did a series of weekend days in 2002-2004 (somewhere in there can’t remember) where he could go in for free (!) and bring us kids either free or heavily discounted. I believe the promo also applied to first responders and their families as well. I cherish it because we were from a single parent household that could never afford Disney in a million years. We got to Epcot, MGM, and Magic Kingdom. Started my love for WDW and when I grew up and started saving my own money guess where a lot of it went?

Tickets where 60% off for military and first responders

Namaari

Whatever they end up doing, they better implement something soon before the 50th Anniversary drops. Especially since they recently said they're going to continue increasing park capacity despite the rise in delta cases. People (myself included) will not be happy if they're near full capacity and having to wait in a queue for 2-3 hours just for 1 ride.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Military can't get in free, but the Military Promotional tickets and associated Resort Discounts are still offered, roughly 45% off admission (park hopper) and 25-40% off the rooms, depending on the resort chosen.

Jeff4272

Whatever they end up doing, they better implement something soon before the 50th Anniversary drops. Especially since they recently said they're going to continue increasing park capacity despite the rise in delta cases. People (myself included) will not be happy if they're near full capacity and having to wait in a queue for 2-3 hours just for 1 ride.
The real problem is the virtual standby queue..........For eg.

you get to HS at 11am and every ride you want to go on (Mil Fal, SDD, Toy story mania, ToT, RnR, ROTR) is in Standby queue because its busy.............You can only have 1 standby queue at a time.......you enter SDD and return time is 3:30........What do you do until then? all other rides (other than Swirling saucers and star tours) are also in standby queue so you cannot even enter the line...................your only option is to pay for FP

Disaster

flynnibus

Premium Member
The real problem is the virtual standby queue..........For eg.

you get to HS at 11am and every ride you want to go on (Mil Fal, SDD, Toy story mania, ToT, RnR, ROTR) is in Standby queue because its busy.............You can only have 1 standby queue at a time.......you enter SDD and return time is 3:30........What do you do until then? all other rides (other than Swirling saucers and star tours) are also in standby queue so you cannot even enter the line...................your only option is to pay for FP

Disaster

Easily fixed by simply not don't that to too many rides at once.

I think the more unavoidable situation is wait inflation at the lesser rides. People who are turned off by paid FP or denied waiting in a line will find another line to get in... so while you wait for the headliners will be managed, the wait for the second tier of attractions will inflate more because they are the outlet for people to goto.

UNCgolf

Easily fixed by simply not don't that to too many rides at once.

I think the more unavoidable situation is wait inflation at the lesser rides. People who are turned off by paid FP or denied waiting in a line will find another line to get in... so while you wait for the headliners will be managed, the wait for the second tier of attractions will inflate more because they are the outlet for people to goto.

Yep, this is what I said above (or maybe in a different thread; hard to keep them all straight). When all the headlining attractions have standby pass activated, it's going to drive a bunch of people to the smaller rides and create much longer lines there.

I'm not sure doing too many at once is a problem for Disney. That would be a way to drive more people to purchase a FP (or ideally spend more money shopping, although that idea already failed once); I think they'd like being able to turn it on for 4 or 5 rides at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom